No announcement yet.

July #UE4JAM, July 23-26th, Theme: ROCKET AND ROLL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we have constant editor crashes with Source Control within the editor we've resorted to just using TortoiseSVN in the file browser for syncing.

Comment

Hello everyone.

#UE4JAM-html5-Rest House game development

stream just started at.
      http://www.twitch.tv/kachanac

good luck to all...
      more at:
      http://www.markokacanski.com
      Last edited by katanec; 07-25-2015, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Update:
        My motorcycle was drivable for a bit also in multiplayer. Now... well... after starting to figure out how to integrate a very basic online server browser pretty much everything is broken. What I did was to rip the online guts from it and it finally got the clients on the same server by using steam but, I don't know maybe it works on different accounts but running two instances of the game on my machine and one steam client only works with the -nosteam launch parameter. Once I have added the very basics of a proper gamemode I'll probably try to get a live playtest going. To enter check out my twitch http://www.twitch.tv/atsest (turns out I actually kinda enjoyed streaming yesterday).

*Edit* If any of you are doing some sort of movement replication for custom pawns (if in blueprint that would be like a 10 times better as well) then please share the insight.
        Last edited by AtsK; 07-25-2015, 03:16 PM.

Comment

man I am totally Unity dependent. But I'm learning! Got some stuff imported and moving with the flying template!

Red 5 standing by!

Comment

That's looking great so far!

Comment

I'm done!

Project name: AllarNoKitatus: Judgement Day - Iveytron Edition

Team: Just me, Ryan S!

Team Name: KITATUS

As it's my Birthday, I actually wanted to have a day off for once - Seeing as SUPER DISTRO came out two days ago!

So here's AllarNoKitatus: Judgement Day (Alternative title: Rocket and Roll / KitatusNoAllar: Judgement Day) <- Couldn't decide!

It's a super-silly idea but an idea I'd like to get some feedback for as I think I could expand the idea into a full game.

Remember I've had two days to do this, And it's all by myself. So don't expect a Martin Scorsese masterpiece; But I hope you still find it fun!

--------------

How did I use the theme? - When I heard Rocket and Roll I immediately thought of a robot and his robo-dog - So I came up with this idea of the crime fighting duo tackling crime!

The game takes places as their arch-nemesis; Dr. Iveytron (How meta of me!) has finally captured them both and it's down to you to escape his secret underground lair.

It's silly, short but hopefully a fun little concept!

-------------

What makes it so cool? - YOU CAN FREAKIN' PLAY AS A ROBO-DOG AND SUPERRUN!

You'll need to use both Rocket (The robot) and Roll (The robodog) to overcome the obstacles to escape the underground lair!

--------------

Download Link: CLICK ME.

---------------

Video (For those who don't want to play!):

Fun fact: Totally forgot to add the intro movie as it was my Birthday and I got all hyped and forgot to add it in - Oops.

By the way, I'd love feedback on the concept (Not nessasrily the execution - it was only two days work!) as it's an idea I think would be fun to expand on into a full release!
              Last edited by KITATUS; 07-26-2015, 11:29 PM.
              KITATUS
              "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

I'm done as well. Spent the first 24 hours writing the game, the next 24 hour polishing it and short of fixing the stupid destructible mesh bug I think it's working well. My kids enjoy playing it, that's a great start as they are hard to please. Let me know what you think!

Written in 100% Blueprints. Should have support for a controller, but I didn't have mine handy during development. Oh, and this is my first game jam. Yeah me!

See the included License.txt file for licensing information.

==========

TEAM NAME: Online Entertainment Group, Inc. (OEGINC)
                TEAM MEMBERS: Robert Shady (Slicey - http://twitch.tv/slic3y)
                NAME OF SUBMISSION: RollMyBallz

Download link: CLICK ME

VIDEO PREVIEW:

BUGS:
                * There is a bug (I posted about this in the Blueprint forums) that when the wall is exploding you can accidentally shoot the pieces of the explosion even though I have disabled collision on the mesh. I have no idea on how to solve this issue, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Edit: Apparently this is a known engine bug. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. See my forum post about it here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...782#post340782

Edit: I found a way to work around this bug and I've uploaded a new version (as well as updated the gameplay footage above). If you aren't running v0.1.1 or newer, then please make sure you update.

ATTENTION TO DETAIL:
                * The explosion effect was partly based on the movie Inception (I think it's a pretty cool effect).

* Each destructible wall section shatters into 100 pieces and there can be up to 5 wall sections per "wall" totally 500 shattering pieces of geometry at one time. (Hint: You need a fairly modern computer to run this at any decent speed).

* The entire game was coded by me (one person), from scratch (no existing blueprints or projects used), all code was written within 48 hours after the game jam was announced.

* Your character gradually increases in speed over time, it's subtle but by the time you reach 30,000+ it starts to be a little more noticeable.

* The rocket launcher has a very subtle firing animation, and a not so subtle reload animation coded 100% in blueprints.

* You can have a maximum of 3 rockets in your "clip", and 12 rockets on your "person" for a total of 15 total shots before being completely out of ammo.

* The ammo you pickup in the level adds 3 rockets to your "person" up to a maximum of 12.

* Yes, the ball is from the UE4 rolling ball starter project.

* Your character *CAN* get outside of the corridor, and didn't used to die when falling - I've added something that *should* kill you, but haven't been able to test it. Feel free to let me know if you succeed (you'll know because you'll fall forever if I didn't fix the bug).

* Your highscore is saved locally. I wanted to implement a global highscore board, but ended up having other real-life tasks that needed to be completed.

* There are 9 different types of blockers that randomly spawn (well, 8 plus an empty corridor).

* Each wall section that you destroy is worth 100 points. There can be up to 5 wall sections per wall.

* My current highscore is 82,938 to give you something to shoot for... I haven't spent alot of time trying to beat it.

* The game level is procedural generated so it can theoretically go on forever...

* The game resets it's location in the world back to 0, 0, 0 when you die.

* You aren't really an alien from another planet...
                Last edited by OEGInc; 07-26-2015, 04:19 PM. Reason: Updated highscore.

Comment

Team Name: Dare
                  List of Team Members: Dare
                  Name of submission: Rocket Ravers

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8f...ew?usp=sharing

Blow up your friend with local split screen all while raving away!

The goal is just to destroy your opponent’s ship without hitting asteroids or hitting the ‘skybox’ lol

Controls:
                  Keyboard
                  -Enter
                  PS4
                  -Left Stick Movement
                  -R2 Shoot
                  -X Speed Up
                  -O Slow Down

Xbox
                  -Left Stick Movement
                  -Right Trigger Shoot
                  -A Speed Up
                  -B Slow Down

Side Notes:
                  Turning in early because I am taking the gf on a trip.
                  Let me just say this is my first game I have EVER made EVER. It’s not that good of a ‘game’ but I wanted to turn something in and participate this month. There was more I wanted to add but with my limited blueprint knowledge it’s the best I can do so it’s stupid simple. I will participate again next month and be practicing in the meantime with the engine and to be able to implement more creative ideas and a much more polished game.

Credits:
                  Star texture was a royalty free stock photo made by CobaltTheDragon
                  Character ship was downloaded for free and made by Dennish2010 (creative commons)
                  Music daPlaque by Argofox Creative Commons (creative commons)

Last edited by DeDareDevil; 07-26-2015, 12:38 AM. Reason: image wasn't showing up

Comment

Sarturday progress, server browser is still there, but I still have some mechanics in addition to win conditions and round setup to do. Before I can even dream of doing the visuals :0

Comment

Hey if anyone wants to follow along, we just got started, because we're crazy! This game jam will be a 24 hour explosive bonanza! twitch.tv/freshlemonade_

Graeme
                      You can find me on twitter: @graeme_crackers

Comment

Team Name: Sleepingdragon (solo entry)
                        Name of submission: RocketAndRoll
                        Download link

Comment

I have a question regarding packaging the project, do you prefer 32 or 64 bit builds?
                          July's GameJam Entry: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post341226

Comment

Okay, I am having some major issues here. Project runs fine in the editor, but crashes at startup in packaged, development build:

[2015.07.26-18.21.31:584][ 0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'WidgetTree': WidgetBlueprint /Script/UMGEditor.Default__WidgetBlueprint
                            [2015.07.26-18.21.31:590][ 0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'WidgetTree': WidgetBlueprint /Script/UMGEditor.Default__WidgetBlueprint
                            [2015.07.26-18.21.31:596][ 0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'WidgetTree': WidgetBlueprint /Script/UMGEditor.Default__WidgetBlueprint
                            [2015.07.26-18.21.31:601][ 0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'WidgetTree': WidgetBlueprint /Script/UMGEditor.Default__WidgetBlueprint
                            [2015.07.26-18.21.31:623][ 0]LogModuleManager:Warning: ModuleManager: Module 'GameplayDebugger' not found - its StaticallyLinkedModuleInitializers function is null.
                            [2015.07.26-18.21.31:623][ 0]LogAIModule: Creating AISystem for world Menu
                            [2015.07.26-18.2

We did everything in full BP and I have no clue what this is....
                            July's GameJam Entry: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post341226

Comment

Originally posted by Brainshack View Post
                              Okay, I am having some major issues here. Project runs fine in the editor, but crashes at startup in packaged, development build:

[2015.07.26-18.21.31:584][ 0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'WidgetTree': WidgetBlueprint /Script/UMGEditor.Default__WidgetBlueprint
                              [2015.07.26-18.21.31:590][ 0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'WidgetTree': WidgetBlueprint /Script/UMGEditor.Default__WidgetBlueprint
                              [2015.07.26-18.21.31:596][ 0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'WidgetTree': WidgetBlueprint /Script/UMGEditor.Default__WidgetBlueprint
                              [2015.07.26-18.21.31:601][ 0]LogLinker:Warning: CreateImport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'WidgetTree': WidgetBlueprint /Script/UMGEditor.Default__WidgetBlueprint
                              [2015.07.26-18.21.31:623][ 0]LogModuleManager:Warning: ModuleManager: Module 'GameplayDebugger' not found - its StaticallyLinkedModuleInitializers function is null.
                              [2015.07.26-18.21.31:623][ 0]LogAIModule: Creating AISystem for world Menu
                              [2015.07.26-18.2

We did everything in full BP and I have no clue what this is....
                              I had a similar issue when packaging for 32-bit, but was able to package for 64-bit without a problem...

Comment

Description

Team Name: Team Rocket
                                Team Members: Xces
                                Schnorks
                                Game Name: Rocket Tournament
                                Download Link: DOWNLOAD #Mirror1
                                DOWNLOAD #Mirror2

Controls

Movement: WASD
                                Turbo: Shift
                                Jump: Space
                                Shooting: Mouse Left
                                Camera: Mouse Move

Gameplay

>>> CHECK OUT ALLARS PLAYTHROUGH <<<
                                Last edited by Xces; 07-27-2015, 11:57 AM. Reason: added download mirror

Comment

Working...
                                X