No announcement yet.

July #UE4JAM, July 23-26th, Theme: ROCKET AND ROLL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Jam ever. Sorry for being way too late, was working and had problems with cooking yesterday. I don't mind if it's clearly too late for submission.

Team Name : LAn
    Team members : Sebastian 'LAn' Haas
    Name Of Submission : JamJul_BubblesAgainstRockets

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...TQ&usp=sharing

Description : You have to defend your base against a horde of 'aliens'. You can enclose incoming rockets within bubbles to smash the incoming soldiers with enclosed rockets for more points. Stay alive and don't let anyone through.

Controls :
    Movement : WASD and Mouse
    Shoot: Left-Mouse

Notes: Didn't have enough time for polish and to reduce bugs and the file size is enormous (but at least I know it for the next time), just began on sunday, code is quite messy as well. Unfortunately the game doesn't end the way it was intended, didn't manage to fix the bugs in time. Sorry for being late, the cooking gave me errors, if I'm clearly too late, I won't mind, the jam was fun.

Comment

So, even though the Jam is over, some stuff was bothering me in our game, so I decided to keep working a bit on it. If you wanna test it out, here is the link to the latest version: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

Changes:

- Fixed Missing Icon Textures for Powerups
      - Imporved Rocket Movement. Enemies now move straight to their target, which makes it much more important for you to stay near the attacked cities and defend them. This makes it a lot less chaotic, but also a bunch more difficult if you ask me
      July's GameJam Entry: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post341226

Comment

Originally posted by bokuden View Post
        Slizzard, I love this! Keep working on it!!!
        I totally am!

Comment

Originally posted by KingSlizzard View Post
          I totally am!
          If you swapped out the Star Wars assets but kept the core gameplay + ideas behind it - You could be on to a winner there!
          KITATUS
          "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Posted some video...

https://youtu.be/eDjuJi6HQCk

Comment

Originally posted by bzxo View Post
              Posted some video...

https://youtu.be/eDjuJi6HQCk
              Wow, this looks so polished. Really impressive for a 3day project.
              July's GameJam Entry: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post341226

Comment

Originally posted by Brainshack View Post
                Wow, this looks so polished. Really impressive for a 3day project.
                Yeah, Some major Crash Bandicoot vibes there; Good work!
                KITATUS

Comment

Thanks guys! I learned a ton making it

Comment

Originally posted by bzxo View Post
                    Thanks guys! I learned a ton making it
                    Yeah - I got a whole game concept from it; It was really beneficial to me - So thanks for putting it on Epic :>
                    KITATUS

Comment

Hey everyone!

Was a tad busy yesterday and couldn't make one during the jam, but since I am still quite proud of our first game jam I wanted to create a video like I originally planned:
                      https://youtu.be/eY6ynS9ckAg

Also made a new build with only some trivial changes. And due to design iterations the explosion ability became a bit useless, we had plans for it, but alas, the time.
                      'New' build for those interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2ikj3vod2..._0.31.rar?dl=0

CHANGELOG 0.31:
                      - Interface consistency was bugging me, we worked on the interface with two people and ended up having conflicting names for the teams (team 1 & 2 or team pink and blue, that was a bit silly of us).
                      - Removed the pinball plunger at the spawn - it was a bit buggy and I should not have even put it in last minute. My mistake. Now there is no more occasional spawn physic bug.
                      - Changed the name of the project - 0.3 was still the first title.

Lessons learned :-).

I also wanted to note that I am quite impressed with some of the submissions, really good job guys! And Alexander Paschall, might I ask what time the stream is Thursday?
                      Kind regards,
                      PORTFOLIO

Comment

This is definitely a great thing to do on a monthly basis. And i agree with the others, a great way to learn more about the engine. This was my first go at the UE4 gamejam, can't wait for next months challenge!!
                        Environment and Technical Artist

Portfolio website

"Spaaaaaaaaaaceee...." - TK

Comment

Wow! I am so impressed with all these entries! These games are really fun and look great! I just finished playing all of them (even the late guys) and all I can say is "Wow!" Tune in to the Thursday Twitch stream where we reveal the winners!
                          Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                          How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                          Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                            Wow! I am so impressed with all these entries! These games are really fun and look great! I just finished playing all of them (even the late guys) and all I can say is "Wow!" Tune in to the Thursday Twitch stream where we reveal the winners!
                            I think everyone should be a winner; I couldn't see one bad entry this time - I think everyone should get prizes!

HOW ABOUT A FORUM BADGE EACH?

- Oh. No idea what happened there. Sorry.
                            KITATUS

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                              I think everyone should be a winner; I couldn't see one bad entry this time - I think everyone should get prizes!

HOW ABOUT A FORUM BADGE EACH?

- Oh. No idea what happened there. Sorry.

I think it should be a special plaidypus badge.
                              Environment and Technical Artist

Portfolio website

"Spaaaaaaaaaaceee...." - TK

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                                Clearly you didnt see Space Fall :P - Me and my Partners game we rushed because SVN hated us :/ But ACORSE NOW IT WORKS FINE! -_- Now we know dont learn source control when there is 24hr left in a game jam
                                AtecStudios' Lead Developer and Lead Everthing, So Loney also... VICTORY FOR PHIL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X