June #UE4JAM, June 25 - 28, "Earth Shattering Kaboom"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
    Should read July - we won't have the results until the 9th, so I can't reach out to them today
    Little bit confused with all the dates. If I'm understanding, you'll have the results around today, and the stream announcing the winners will be on the 30th of July?

Also, couple questions about the gamejams in general:

1. Are they always run over a weekend? Or is it sometimes mid week?
    2. Is it a set date they run every month or does it vary?
    3. If you know the date in advance, would you be able to make a countdown until the next theme announcement or maybe throw it in a news post or alert either by email or in the editor?

Comment

Originally posted by uunx View Post
      Little bit confused with all the dates. If I'm understanding, you'll have the results around today, and the stream announcing the winners will be on the 30th of July?

Also, couple questions about the gamejams in general:

3. If you know the date in advance, would you be able to make a countdown until the next theme announcement or maybe throw it in a news post or alert either by email or in the editor?
      Hey! Sorry for the confusion there... The legal jargon is for the time that I'll be reaching out to winners to collect information. Typically, it's quicker than that, though we're still a little behind on shipping out rewards from previous winners. We'll announce today on the livestream

They do run over the weekends, yes. We kick them off on the second week of the month typically, unless there's some reason to push forward or backwards a week.

We try to give at least a week's heads up, though a couple weeks would probably work better. Going forward, the announcement is going to live in the new Community Tab of the launcher, so you'll be able to find out about it there as well

Hope that helps!
      Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

We'll be announcing them today on the livestream at 2PM

1. We always announce them on Thursdays, so yes, over a weekend.
        2. Not really, it varies based on some factors (weather sometimes, events, etc), but usually it's toward the end of the month.
        3. We try to get them up as soon as we are ready for the next one. The countdown is always on the forum post, but I think it's probably good to have a countdown somewhere else too (launcher sounds pretty good actually)

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions! See you at the stream!
        Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
        Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Someone said there was only 1 multiplayer game on the stream, but it was for a different game than our 100% multiplayer game. Did you guys play all of these submissions??

Comment

Originally posted by bokuden View Post
            Someone said there was only 1 multiplayer game on the stream, but it was for a different game than our 100% multiplayer game. Did you guys play all of these submissions??
            Which was your game? We go through and play everyone one each month that we can access (this month one never got posted).
            Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Kaboom.

It was a fully networked arena FPS.

Comment

Kaboom.

It was a fully networked arena FPS.
                Yeah, It was in the video Sorry if there was some confusion around "The only multiplayer". I must have misspoke, sorry bout that!
                Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

God it must suck having people hang on your every word, and I'm sorry it probably came across like that.

I just wanted to make sure that you guys were able to mess around with it in multiplayer because Allar had some issues at first, and looking at the clip in the stream of our game it looks like whoever was playing was alone and shooting at the walls haha.

Comment

God it must suck having people hang on your every word, and I'm sorry it probably came across like that.

I just wanted to make sure that you guys were able to mess around with it in multiplayer because Allar had some issues at first, and looking at the clip in the stream of our game it looks like whoever was playing was alone and shooting at the walls haha.
                    No worries! ALl good here. Really dug the small map and arena feel. And stealing the earth: Classic
                    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Guys, you totally should have contacted us to get footage of Fallen - Artzsie before. It was meant to run on a high spec machine, not at 5fps.
                      I'll upload footage of it running on my 980.

Uploaded!
                      Last edited by Alesssafur; 07-30-2015, 06:51 PM.
                      Alessa Baker,
                      Technical Artist & Member of the Epic Streaming Team.

Shelling System - Measurement-based Blockout tool for Level Designers and Arch Viz Artists.

Comment

Working...
                      X