No announcement yet.

A Boy and His Kite - Jun 11 & Jun 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok first I want to say to everyone to please keep the discussion civil, there is no need for any insulting behaviour, thanks

anyway getting back on topic,

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
    6GB :3
    looks like you were a little off for the one of the downloads

Originally posted by Xerithas View Post

Min spec
    4 core @2.8 GHZ
    8GB RAM (editor)
    GTX 680

Not bad =]
    not bad at all as my laptop just about beats those spec, I just hope it will run ok, well if it ever finishes downloading

@Transmitthis, nice pic

Comment

I really like the demo so far (a couple of minutes played ^^)

Like the deer behavior =)

Comment

The runtime version ran alright on my PC (16GB ram and 970GTX). To everyone with "black screens" you need to give the thing time for the shaders to compile. It took a minute or two to get going on my screen the first time. Remember this was a cinematic targeted demo for 30Hz on a Titan. It's not a game, nor meant to show what is expected for mainstream games graphically or performance wise.

Anyone know how to trigger the cinematic in the runtime version? It is in UAV mode. Also Esc, q, etc don't seem to quit the game! (Edit: NM post while I was typing this answered me!)
        Last edited by astonish; 06-13-2015, 11:46 AM.
        VR R&D @Shopify

Comment

As many of you have found, it's out! Thanks everyone for tuning in to the livestreams. Really glad to have been able to get everyone on board to talk about its creation.
          Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by FtH|Zhane View Post
            Like the deer behavior =)
            I thought it was supposed to be lemmings that ran off cliff's

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
              As many of you have found, it's out! Thanks everyone for tuning in to the livestreams. Really glad to have been able to get everyone on board to talk about its creation.
              I've sadly missed the livestream but I've watched both of the recordings one after the other despite I'm not so firm with all the "technical" stuff (which means I wouldn't fit in any Epic studio D: ).

But you guys did an awesome job by presenting the work which was put into the Kite Demo and the stream was really enjoying

Comment

It's running fine on my specs (16 GB of RAM, GTX 970 and i7 4790). Most of the time it's 30 FPS but at some momentes it drops to 25 and increase to 40 or 50. It looks really epic, though the assets are even more epic, will help me a lot on my little project.
                Thank you guys!
                Project Fantasiam

Comment

Seems like the cave entrance is missing in the landscape map Oo. I've been flying around for a while and ended up by opening the cave entrance map ^^;

Comment

Seems like the cave entrance is missing in the landscape map Oo. I've been flying around for a while and ended up by opening the cave entrance map ^^;
                    According to the twitch stream its like at the opposite end of the map to where the rest of the cinematic is.
                    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Well, the runtime version runs absolutely terrible , but that's better than expected (I thought it wouldn't run at all). I've only got 8gb RAM and a GTX 650 (2gb VRAM), plus an AMD FX-8350, though running the demo on the SSD makes it somewhat better. I'll check out the project files later (still downloading).
                      Portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/final-frontier
                      Stargate & DHD: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...5-stargate-dhd

Comment

Runtime version run "relative" smooth here, okay, okay, sometimes i have some fps drop but nothing that make it really unplayable.

My specs

CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4GHz
                        MB: Asus Z97-A
                        GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 4GB OC
                        RAM: Kingston 8GB
                        HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB
                        Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

Not sure if it's a Mac issue generally, or my machine specifically (8 core Mac Pro Late-2013, 64 gigs of ram, Dual FirePro D700 - almost as beefy as a Mac can be). Crashes running any level.

Gonna try Bootcamping later and seeing if it runs under Windows with the same hardware. If I'm feeling really ambitious, I may attempt to debug, but I have a feeling that until we get full Metal support, this may just simply not run on any Mac.

Comment

Thanks for that, didn't even see the controls, despite pressing everything - these seem to miss the <> which cycle through the day it seems.

Also my taskbar is not hidden when using the runtime, and would have been nice to be able to set a screen resolution, but it's all gravy.
                            Bioelectrical Inference Endjinn

Comment

finally after 5 hours downloading (my internet sucks) I bring proof the a laptop can run the kite demo.

[SHOT]http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/smokey13A/Kite%20demo%20FPS_zpsxrenzshi.jpg[/SHOT]

I was getting 22FPS most of the time, at the more resource hungry spots it was hovering around 18FPS(lowest I saw was 15) but it was still playing smoothly, at the less resource hungry spots I was getting 40-55FPS(highest I saw was 58), I should say 2 things as well, 1: I was flying around at all different heights and locations in the map getting those numbers, 2:I was just playing in new window(fullscreen) with the editor minimized in the background. I think my laptop handled it quite well.

ps. loving the demo

--edit--

I was wrong, after a more extensive exploration I am actually getting 28FPS most of the time flying below 2m 35FPS flying at around 8m and 45-50FPS at around 50m.
                              Last edited by smokey13; 06-13-2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Excellent. Lets see who is first to get the monster truck in and chase deer like a real red neck.

Points to who ever can make the horn go Yahooooooo every time you press it.
                                Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
                                Custom Map Maker Discord
                                https://discord.gg/t48GHkA
                                Urban Terror https://www.urbanterror.info/home/

Comment

Working...
                                X