6 core @3.3GHz (guessing Intel)
      24 GB (Editor)
      GTX 980

Min spec
      4 core @2.8 GHZ
      8GB RAM (editor)
      GTX 680

Not bad =]
      And a seperate smaller dl for the non editor version... not sure why some got their knickers in such a knot.

Dl'ing the small version now, and looking forward to seeing how my PC copes.

Comment

Me too Im slightly below those minimums.

Comment

I assume the 24GB of RAM requirement is mostly because of the texture resolutions. If we down size them it wouldn't even require near that much RAM. And 6 cores CPU and GTX 980 are also for maxing out the FPS. It will still run great with mid range PCs with a little optimization here and there. It's a precious learning source great job Epic thanks.
          Artstation
          Join the support channel
          Gumroad Store

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
            I assume the 24GB of RAM requirement is mostly because of the texture resolutions. If we down size them it wouldn't even require near that much RAM. And 6 cores CPU and GTX 980 are also for maxing out the FPS. It will still run great with mid range PCs with a little optimization here and there. It's a precious learning source great job Epic thanks.
            Haha time to fire up GIMP.

@Mikand79 yeah I'm below minimums on everything but RAM, but I'm pretty excited to check out all the assets and mold them to my needs.

I'm hoping there's some fairly clean base textures/materials in there that I can go to work on as well, I wish I had never seen the 'coming soon' tag on the Quixel Megascans page when UE4 came out.

Still got a fair while for the download but meh.

Comment

Just tried to open the standalone. Did not even care to dl the Editor version. The standalone itself black-screens my machine. I killed it after a few minutes waiting. My machine runs AC Unity which I worked on myself amongst others!

You guys are really not the brightest. First pick up all the Blender kids as a target audience with the nonsense for-free move, then release 8K stuff like this. Read it: N.o.b.o.d.y.W.i.l.l.B.e.A.b.l.e.T.o.R.u.n.T.h.e.8.K.V.e.r.s.i.o.n! Especially not your kids audience.
              This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Everyone in the industry knows how thick they laid on with their overpowered nonsense. Do not show stuff that nobody is able to run. You just belong where you are.
              Will have a good laugh about this idiotic stunt back at work. Thank god I do not have to tinker around in the indie market. It is just completely ridiculous.
              Kite-Demo in 8K for users ...

If anyone wants to play a Kite-Demo that was actually coded by people whose brains are not the size of a bean from playing FPS MMMROOORPGs whatever, then check out this:
              https://unigine.com/products/valley/

I am done. If any mod please delete my account.
              Last edited by PolyPlant; 06-13-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I think anymore discussion related to the hardware issue will lead into a not very happy ending since this has already gotten beyond voicing opinions. Let's just not crush the party.
                Artstation
                Join the support channel
                Gumroad Store

Comment

Originally posted by PolyPlant View Post
                  I am done. If any mod please delete my account.

Comment

Originally posted by PolyPlant View Post
                    N.o.b.o.d.y.W.i.l.l.B.e.A.b.l.e.T.o.R.u.n.T.h.e.8.K.V.e.r.s.i.o.n!
                    While not as trendy anymore, UDK is still there and very capable for the mid-range, with Unity-5 at the lower-end also free.
                    IMHO it makes total sense that UE4 should go all-out for the cutting-edge highest-end of the game market...
                    Last edited by UnrealEnterprise; 06-13-2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarr View Post
                      Launcher - > Learn Tab, its called "A Boy and His Kite" and its under Engine Feature Samples.
                      Anyway I can change the location of the download? 22gb too much for my SSD.
                      Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
                        I think anymore discussion related to the hardware issue will lead into a not very happy ending since this has already gotten beyond voicing opinions. Let's just not crush the party.
                        =]

Looks like the editor version might be finished downloading by the time I wake up, the runtime version is going a bit slower (Min 3 days, max 20 days haha).
                        Last edited by Xerithas; 06-13-2015, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Epic really deserves some thanks for this addition to the ue4 universe, over the past year this has probably been the most requested feature set for the engine from community members making open world style projects, so it shows they responded to the community and they took the hard road creating something that isn't your average futuristic tech demo, they also said in the steam that they ran this on a 970 , which is a midrange card now so its not really something that 99% of people wont be able to run.....Im thinking there will be alot of people making deer hunting simulators
                          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.CrazyRagdoll
                          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra
                          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.cubecrawler
                          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pspasm.turrets

Comment

We should start a screen shot thread, because there are some nice views to find.

Bioelectrical Inference Endjinn

Comment

Well this is just epic.

Not only I cannot chose where to download new files from marketplace, but I cannot install a new launcher anywhere other the default location.

Like srsly...I love Epic....but this is just dumb.
                              Portfolio

Comment

Look at the wiki there is an article describing how you can change the vault cache location (where the launcher downloads stuff to).

Comment

Working...
                                X