Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Boy and His Kite - Jun 11 & Jun 12

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    This is just gorgeous! How amazing!
    safari deals dubai

    Comment


      #77
      Well I love the idea that this is as big as it gets as far as hardcore nextGen goes.

      If anything hardware/video card manufactures has something to do battle over as far as a "working" asset goes for bragging rights and benchmarks that they can't cheat
      Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Custom Map Maker Discord
      https://discord.gg/t48GHkA
      Urban Terror https://www.urbanterror.info/home/

      Comment


        #78
        Well.

        Driver: it looks like we are used by ABoyAndHisKite-WindowsNoEditor.exe..

        * Only load every 24th vertex
        * Skip all texture mips > 256x256
        * Load custom Landscape replacement code to hide anything thats further away then 256 units
        * asf, aso

        Comment


          #79
          wait is this released? if so, where do we find it?

          Comment


            #80
            get a a job, or a second one..? Guys, you will get rid of me as soon as I am off those crutches! Do not worry. I will take the very first train out of indie town! Will I be glad to work with proper stuff again, not this zombie shooter experiment. No wonder Epic was on its knees a few years ago. Releasing a demo that 99% of the users will not be able to run because they do not have 'enthusiast' machines at home. That makes so little sense, it actually explains a lot. You guys would really be better off just sitting down in front of your screens and berserk zombies or whatever! Shrink appointment included. Unreal tournament...

            Can you not understand a guy complaining, who is tied to the house, on crutches and just wants to walk through scottish landscapes?

            Comment


              #81
              If all you're interested is the actual map/project, I'd be confused, but maybe I can understand =p

              Otherwise almost any PC in the last few years should be enough to work with the assets.

              If I remember correctly part of the open world demo was for Epic to push their engine to see what they needed to do to get large worlds going as well.

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by PolyPlant View Post
                get a a job, or a second one..? Guys, you will get rid of me as soon as I am off those crutches! Do not worry. I will take the very first train out of indie town! Will I be glad to work with proper stuff again, not this zombie shooter experiment. No wonder Epic was on its knees a few years ago. Releasing a demo that 99% of the users will not be able to run because they do not have 'enthusiast' machines at home. That makes so little sense, it actually explains a lot. You guys would really be better off just sitting down in front of your screens and berserk zombies or whatever! Shrink appointment included. Unreal tournament...

                Can you not understand a guy complaining, who is tied to the house, on crutches and just wants to walk through scottish landscapes?
                Just a quick question, whats with the Zombie fetish?
                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                  You'll certainly need more RAM for the whole scene in editor.
                  Well, I have 16 GB of RAM, and I still get Out Of Memory Error ;(

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                    Just a quick question, whats with the Zombie fetish?
                    Epic Games Employee: Dark room, messy hair, Coke and chips, just celebrated 30th or 40th birthday, Mother next door with 'worried' expression on her face and a screen running the latest shrink-worthy FPS MMOFFRG Whatever Zombie Shooter.
                    Next day he will go to work to 'head quarters' and work on releasing a 8K high res project.
                    What? Overkill? No, it was running fine on his 'enthusiast' machine at home. Just need 32GB Ram and 64 Cores and 2 Titans.

                    Here is a new punchline for UE4:
                    If you love something, then 16GB is not enough!


                    They should really just delete the kite demo from youtube. It has nothing to do with what can be achieved on any normal machine the next years using UE4.
                    UE4 can not deliver what they show in the demo cinematic on up-to-date high end user machines. That simple!
                    Last edited by PolyPlant; 06-13-2015, 05:54 AM.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      If they didn't release something that pushed hardware, you would be complaining about that saying they should be releasing something next gen
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.CrazyRagdoll
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.cubecrawler
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pspasm.turrets

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by Renerte View Post
                        Well, I have 16 GB of RAM, and I still get Out Of Memory Error ;(

                        Where did you download it from ? I can't find it!
                        Portfolio

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by PolyPlant View Post
                          Just need 32GB Ram and 64 Cores and 2 Titans.

                          Here is a new punchline for UE4:
                          If you love something, then 16GB is not enough!


                          They should really just delete the kite demo from youtube. It has nothing to do with what can be achieved on any normal machine the next years using UE4.
                          UE4 can not deliver what they show in the demo cinematic on up-to-date high end user machines. That simple!
                          Ignoring the rudeness, but you're stretching things again.

                          How is any of the specs required not in the league of 'up to date high end user machine', it doesn't need 2 Titans, a ridiculous CPU or that much RAM.
                          And I'd actually be surprised if you couldn't get the demo to run and still look pretty good on much cheaper hardware.

                          I only have 8GB of RAM (mobo dieing, only one slot works T_T) and 2GB of VRAM and I've had no issues with anything so far, not to mention a 7 year old CPU that was mid tier when it came out.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by Robbie222 View Post
                            Where did you download it from ? I can't find it!
                            Launcher - > Learn Tab, its called "A Boy and His Kite" and its under Engine Feature Samples.
                            My Works:
                            Inventory and Equipment System | S.M.C (Simple Multiplayer Chat) | Spell/Ability System | Character Attribute Progression System

                            Youtube | Website | Sellfy Page
                            Fantasy 3rd-Person RPG , Skyland Of Arnythos

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by PolyPlant View Post
                              They should really just delete the kite demo from youtube. It has nothing to do with what can be achieved on any normal machine the next years using UE4.
                              Meanwhile, in PolyPlant's room:

                              Last edited by arkanoid; 06-13-2015, 06:38 AM.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                22 gig download, 31 after install lol

                                I would say polyplant described himself as opposed to an epic employee, the epic employees would be out wining and dining in some hipster establishment not doing as he described
                                Last edited by WarpSpasm; 06-13-2015, 06:55 AM. Reason: realized im sitting in a dark room
                                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.CrazyRagdoll
                                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra
                                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.cubecrawler
                                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pspasm.turrets

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X