X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by smokey13 View Post
    hi guys/gals,

once more please keep things civil/professional.

thanks

Otherwise this happens

And Then Some Item Crafting From Deer Carcass

And Then Comes To A Shocking Conclusion

KiteZ

I Hope This Classifies As Fan Art

Powerline model is from blendswap user oenvoyage(i should give credit, although he may not want his name associated with this)
    Last edited by WarpSpasm; 06-15-2015, 03:28 AM. Reason: It Should Be A Meme

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi guys/gals,

once more please keep things civil/professional.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PolyPlant View Post
    Sent the email. Hope they delete the account soon.

Remember, all you guys here, you will never make any bigger game with UE4 that is running any well performance-wise. You could as well switch engines if that is your plan.
    UE4 is so poorly optimized compared to engines that power games on the AAA market, you can tell yourself your little UE4 world is made out of candy, but you will kiss the floor, unless you can go into the source code and optimize yourself, which I highly doubt looking at the audience here.

Look at 2:08 and see how petty UE4 is. To the other guy saying that the Kite-demo looks waayyyy better than this: Guy, where are your glasses?

Keep, ahem... 'developing' folks!

Keep shaking that fist at the sky!

I bet your passion will show in your games (If you ever get around to making any ).

Leave a comment:

• replied

Remember, all you guys here, you will never make any bigger game with UE4 that is running any well performance-wise. You could as well switch engines if that is your plan.
    UE4 is so poorly optimized compared to engines that power games on the AAA market, you can tell yourself your little UE4 world is made out of candy, but you will kiss the floor, unless you can go into the source code and optimize yourself, which I highly doubt looking at the audience here.

Look at 2:08 and see how petty UE4 is. To the other guy saying that the Kite-demo looks waayyyy better than this: Guy, where are your glasses?

Unlike this shabby video u posted the kite demo is really mindblowing when it comes to blending the differences between reality and video games.

From the very beginning you can see it's a scene made by a computer. There wasn't a scene which was nearly close to the kite demo.

I've showed the video to someone who is not familiar with video games and that guy directly responded with "what's that video game?".

After that I've showed him the Kite demo and he said the only thing which revelas it wasn't a real life taken video is the boy (and maybe the deers).

I'm pretty pleased with UE4 so you can stick with that other engine if you like.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm nearly at the download finish point on my wifi hotspot, Nearly 3 days to get this mother downloaded. I KNOW it's not wasted time or effort on my part and would just like to add to what our community members have said above, Thanks Epic, Appreciated.

I've had terrains near to this size running in UE4 for 4-5 months playing with what's best, Given suggestions to the Epic code devs how things could be done to get to this point for nearly 1 year back , And they listened. You don't get that as an Indie very often.

This was an old test before 50% of new stuff was even working, Cant wait now to get cracking on content with the new capabilities the hard working folk at epic have given us.

Once ive checked the new Terrain material from this and some of the AI stuff ill have things to show within days that even work on my little test bed i5 2666 ghz, 4 GB ddr3 ram, AMD HD 5850 card which was used with these test videos. Also as using full screen res 1080p real time video recording also took 10-20 frames of the real spped in editor, not even running in stand alone game mode.
    Last edited by smokey13; 06-14-2015, 10:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm stunned how well this works on my meagre PC (i5 2500k - 8GB RAM - GTX670 2GB all oc'ed) on freecam anyway.. the 'Boy' was a little spot/start. It's without doubt the most convincing landscape I've ever seen running on PC (way beyond Unigine, nice though that is) I've also never enjoyed exploring a non gameplay level this much.. it really is EPIC!

A shame a sad troll has to try and wreck things. I guess there is always one loser

Can't wait to see where this tech takes us. And thanks for making it available for all to try.. quite something really.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just wanted to express my gratitude for the support this community receives, and the continual, substantial improvements we see. Epic is really changing the way developers work, and the sense of community is bar none. Being able to pick apart the techniques from AAA developers gives us such a deeper understanding of how to make something Unreal.

Thanks Epic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea really it is just unbelievable awesome. Almost like in the british meaning. And then all that available for free (or that small share on revenue).

His behaviour most certainly has other origins then the engine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by smokey13 View Post
    really?
    Smokey, do you expect this guy to be reasonable?
    He has nothing to show from his side and lacks understanding as well as logic.
    My guess is that he's sadly more or less a troll, at least from what I've seen from him.

I just noticed the ToD system which is amazing (I thought there was no ToD, since I didn't noticed the sun moving). Alongside all these useful assets...just wow...
    Seriously, I haven't regretted my choice to switch to UE4 a single second since I turned my back to CryEngine.
    Epic keeps pushing the engine forward, provides us with such great works as well as providing a lot of learning material like the streams, and the community is amazing as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where are your glasses? There's basically zero lighting in the Unigine demo foliage, it's just a bunch of flat cards you see abruptly fade in as the camera moves through the environment. Look at the Kite demo lighting, massive improvement. Foliage actually looks three-dimensional, has highlights, and casts shadows. The Unigine demo also has way lower resolution textures, and way less ground clutter that is also lower poly. If you honestly think the Unigine demo looks better, you're blind.

Yes, we all hope they delete your account. Then again, we all know you'll just be back here with a different alias if they do, spouting the same nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    out of curiosity if you don't want to be part of the community why don't you just abandon the account?

as for that video you keep posting, it has very low poly rocks that have low res textures, the trees are quite low poly as well, the grass and bushes look fairly decent but then the textures on the ground are not as high res as the kite demo either, there is clearly no where near as much tessellation of anything and much lower polycounts, some of the LOD transitions are brutal in parts of it, all of that means it does not look as good as the kite demo.

as for the performance taking everything I just said into consideration, add the fact that UE4 is built for new gen(why people keep calling it next gen I have no idea) and then some of the features are new additions to the editor as well so obviously probably not perfectly optimized for performance plus the fact they were going for looks not performance as it's not a game it's a cinematic so you cannot compare it to the performance of games or the scene in that video so to me your argument kind of falls apart.

just my opinion

also they have made projects for the lower and mid range systems so why shouldn't they make a project for higher end systems?

really?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still not deleted my account! DO IT! Throw me out! I do not want to be part this pathetic show!

Just to show you how numb Epic Games is:
    2 years old...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMVz3oUCagw

My machine runs any of the latest games, but not the stand-alone Kite Demo.
    Do not do marketing stunts like this Epic! What you show has nothing to do with what can be run on customer hardware! And it even looks worse than latest game open worlds and the Valley Benchmark.
    Pathetic Zombie Freaks!
    Dude, if you don't wanna be part of this then just stop using UE4 and stop visiting forums also. Nobody is forcing you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I finally got to play with the demo and it's great. The performance is quite acceptable on my 970, running at around 40 fps with a few drops to 28fps at some points.
    But it looks amazing and the wildlife is great as well. There a few issues like one deer decided to jump off a cliff, which I think shouldn't happen, and a few meshes which are too high so you can look through them at certain angles, but since the demo was built for a cinematic this is fine
    It's going to be fun to inspect everything ^^

PS: Ignore PolyPlant. His posts are mainly there to waste your attention and time. He wants attention, his other posts/threads all go into this direction. You are better off teaching a goldfish Origami (too harsh?)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's all sorted how it should be. Landscape material and all textures are in landscape sub-folder, AI is under AI, character and Blueprints if I am correct for the second one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X