A Boy and His Kite - Jun 11 & Jun 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    All I want is that rigged boy ready to animate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by astonish View Post
    First stream is overlapping with the Oculus Press Conference. So torn...
    Yeah, there's way too much going on today! Steam summer sale starts in a couple of hours as well. Must invoke cloning protocol 27B-6

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First off, thanks for making this available! I've been hoping to get my hands on the kite demo the moment I lay eyes on its glory.

[QUESTION(S)]The heightmap GI you used in the kite demo seems to lead to great results in open world landscapes and I can't wait to play around with it. However, other environments still require Light Propagation Volumes and they haven't seen any updates for a while. Can we expect to see new features, such as "emissive lighting for cheap area lights" (to quote the documentation) or increased distance/accuracy in the not-so-distant future? Do you have any tips and tricks to share for using dynamic global illumination?

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to the stream!
    Last edited by Efrye; 06-11-2015, 12:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank (again) Epic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh man, I'm looking forward to this! Gonna be great

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [QUESTION] What is the pipeline for facial animations?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [QUESTION] for RyanB: Have you come up with any new solutions for the World Machine workflow? I understand the terrain in the Kite Demo map was actually flipped and there are lots of headaches to be had trying to use flipper nodes in WM. Seems to me to we need a more solid solution, especially if someone wants to expand on an existing large world by adding new sets of tiles later on. It may not be an issue for smaller projects, but it can easily become a very disruptive problem for larger projects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a final tomorrow, a terrible internet connection, and the stream is late at night...um... count me in? Or not? Maybe, probably, could be

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mitx212 View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. With the release of the kite demo, will you also be releasing the mini-tools that was used to create the demo, like the model preview turntable and the tool used to remove the shadows/highlights in the photogrammetric models?

Thankyou!
    I third this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Count me in

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome!! Is there a count down for the A Boy and his Kite full demo as well?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mitx212 View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. With the release of the kite demo, will you also be releasing the mini-tools that was used to create the demo, like the model preview turntable and the tool used to remove the shadows/highlights in the photogrammetric models?

Thankyou!
    I second this request. I remember watching the conference presentation and was blown away by the fidelity of the "delighter" you guys used. I understand it is a bit of a magic trick in the software and you guys probably don't want to give away too many proprietary tools, but it would be such a hugely useful resource, not only for game dev but for VFX as well. Did you guys simply plug in an HDR captured at the scene and then run the delighter multiply times? Something like a tone-mapper that rotates and captures, initially ignoring the diffuse information, and then blending it back in after a lighting calc? I'm sure it is a small amount, but does the process introduce more grain or banding after boosting shadows/recovering highlights? Or does that simply get covered thanks the bracketed HDR? How in the heck did you guys get it so consistent? Ya Fricken magicians!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome, I'll be there kite in hand. =)

Maybe some information about the facial animation pipeline. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First stream is overlapping with the Oculus Press Conference. So torn...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So awesome Been staring at those screenshots in the docs on how the lighting was done etc. now we can finally go hands-on!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X