ARK: Survival Evolved from Studio Wildcard - June 4th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Nichols View Post
    I have to agree @n00854180t, I purchased this game ready to play it a bit however, it runs very bad and it's not an enjoyable experience. I get like 15-20fps. If I set it to 640x480 windowed at the lowest settings (just to see if any improvement) I barely get 30fps. I hope this is improved because the game does look promising. Should get better with time.
    There are actually some (very weird) settings you can set at normal resolution to get decent framerates - namely, put "-sm4" (no quotes) in the Steam launch options (note, will make the game look not great), put all settings to Low except for Antialiasing at Medium or High, and put Resolution Scale at the lowest, to the left. You might be able to set textures back to Medium or High as well.

Should give you playable framerates, even though the game looks sort of like a higher res Turok at that point.
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

I will probably try that out. I guess I got spoiled with graphics, I use to love playing Turok.

N64 Memories, we've come a long way.
      Isaac Nichols
      Game Developer & Music Producer - Threaded Pixel Studios
      Currently working on Drones & Ruins a Sci-Fi twin-stick shooter.

Comment

Could someone in windowed mode have the task manager cpu usage open next to it to check it. It is not a perfect profiling but definitely gives you an estimate.
        I am a bit putting the finger into wound here, because we also see performance issues in our project and no matter what, UE4 runs only on 1 core.

UE4 seems to be practically single core, and with it all releases.

Comment

Very nice stream and loving what I see so far. Project looks very promising!
          --------------------------------------------------------
          [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
          [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Well, this game is really gonna cut into my development time. lol So much awesomeness!

Comment

Originally posted by PolyPlant View Post
              Could someone in windowed mode have the task manager cpu usage open next to it to check it. It is not a perfect profiling but definitely gives you an estimate.
              I am a bit putting the finger into wound here, because we also see performance issues in our project and no matter what, UE4 runs only on 1 core.

UE4 seems to be practically single core, and with it all releases.
              I don't think CPU would be the bottleneck. You might see most games doen't fully cost CPU usage, whereas GPU usage are always 100%.
              For me, the bottleneck of this game seems to be VRAM optimization. My VRAM is always being used up while GPU usage is about 80~90%.

Comment

What an awesome stream! Thanks a lot for sharing your insights and experiences from ARK. Very helpful!

Comment

Working...
                X