• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Noland View Post
    It's actually .csv import, so anything that can export to .csv will work;
    Curiosity sated. Thanks for the answer!

Comment

Tools question: A Road editor???????????
      BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
      PRO version can be bought on my site only.
      www.3dalex.com

Comment

Lightmap Tutorial

Comment

Hey,

I missed the livestream. When Will these be going up on youtube?

Just curious

EDIT: I found the video here
          Last edited by HeadClot; 05-01-2014, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting that link, Headclot, I was just about to do so.

Our Twitch channel automatically archives streams so you can watch <1 hour after we wrap:
            http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/524849165

We'll also be posting a 'clean' version to YouTube.com/UnrealEngine by early next week.

Comment

Thanks for the stream as usual! Lots of exciting sneak peeks.
              Also thanks for making quality selection available for Twitch. I was able to watch without lagging this time.
              FREE VR Drum Kit Project
              FREE Color LUT Collection
              FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
              FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
              Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
              Camera Crossfade

Comment

Working toward better Blender support sounds awesome! Very exciting.

Question: what is the best way to share glitchy Blender assets with Unreal Engine developers? The forums? Some other system? What if I want to share with you, but maybe not as public as the forums?

Thanks!
                @charlestoeppe

Comment

Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
                  Tools question: A Road editor???????????
                  The spline tool does this as is. The content examples show the spline tool in use, with roads in specific.

Comment

Originally posted by human View Post
                    Working toward better Blender support sounds awesome! Very exciting.

Question: what is the best way to share glitchy Blender assets with Unreal Engine developers? The forums? Some other system? What if I want to share with you, but maybe not as public as the forums?

Thanks!
                    Please see this post for how to submit blender assets: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...reporting.html

Note: Having the .blend file is extremely useful since often importing FBX back into Blender to test is a difficult process.

We are working on providing a way to submit these directly to us without being publicly visible but for now that isnt ready. If you can't share one of your production assets anything no matter how simple that reproduces the problem would be helpful.
                    Last edited by Matt; 05-02-2014, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Questions for Thursday - May 8th live stream -

1. Are there plans for real time collaboration within unreal engine 4 editor for remote teams?
                      Ideally:
                      I would like to see a solution where we can host a dedicated server for other developers to connect to it.
                      Have assets be populated into our content browser.
                      When that is done we can start dragging out our static meshes, Blueprints, etc. and updates will happen in the editor in realtime across our teams computers.

2. Questions regarding Unreal Engines 2D Abilities -
                      - Will there be support for various grid types for reference within unreal engine? Examples being - Hex Grid, Top Down, Isometric, etc. not just side scrolling.
                      - Will there be a dedicated map editor similar to tiled map editor but taliored specific for Unreal Engine 4?

3. Will there be some form of Vehicle interior editor for Unreal Engine 4?
                      - See: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...nterior-Editor

4. Would it be possible to Sandbox Unreal engine 4?

5. In regards to Unreal Tournament 4
                      - Please do not make it free 2 play... I do not want to pay for hats, Weapons, and sixty dollar monocles.
                      - Please Include mod tools as well.

Comment

QUESTIONS - FROM HERE
                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Blueprint-Team

1. Blueprint functions can have a "local variable", but, these don't have the same Get/Set UI as regular variables, so you end up with a mess of crossing wires. Any plans to fix this? Right now I put hack variables in the blueprint that I make sure to only modify those within the scope of the blueprint function.

2. When adding a blueprint as a component of another blueprint I would love to be able to edit that blueprints public properties in the component tab of the blueprint I just put it in. This will allow me to create a car blueprint and then have various children blueprints (ChildActorComponents) that are editable within in. Then I can take this special car and put that into my level.

Comment

Hi HeadClot,

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                          Questions for Thursday - May 8th live stream -
                          2. Questions regarding Unreal Engines 2D Abilities -
                          - Will there be support for various grid types for reference within unreal engine? Examples being - Hex Grid, Top Down, Isometric, etc. not just side scrolling.
                          - Will there be a dedicated map editor similar to tiled map editor but taliored specific for Unreal Engine 4?
                          There will be a tile map editor built in, though at least in the short term it will be rectangular grid based only. We'd like to support other tile types in the future but it's not as high of a priority.

Cheers,
                          Michael Noland

Comment

Regarding tools or any new major (long-term) features.

I think it would be cool to have active forum threads per tool such as in the case of UMG or Sequencer. These are "Many Months Out" and it would be interesting to see and hear about progress, share feedback, and allow the community, especially those unable to contribute to code, the ability to help shape these future tools.

Thoughts on this?
                            Mike "Z"
                            UI / Game Designer
                            LinkedIn

Comment

About blueprints, can you shed some more light between the difference of create a custom event in a blueprint and just a function? Is there a way I can like trigger one of my custom events and it will trigger on all my blueprints that "implemented" that custom event, or on all instances in the level of a single blueprint? Right now I only found out how to fire the event on a specific object, which kind of feels the same as just calling a function on it.
                              Slightly related to that, is there any possibility to create static blueprint functions?

Lastly I have a non-blueprints related questions but maybe you have some ideas or are able to ask someone that has. I'm looking for more info about networking. More specifically I want to find out if there's any functionality that allows me from code (or blueprint) to connect to a certain ip-address/port and communicate using own packets. So communicating without replication/RPCs. Also just knowing how to connect/disconnect from a certain ip/port using the replication/RPC system would be very useful. As now I only know how to do it from editor or command arguments on executable, which is of course not what you really want in a game.
                              I'm really hoping for network documentation to get out soon

Thanks for your time and dedication and keep up the good work!

Comment

Question about Blueprints:

What do you think about the possibility of adding Blueprints into other Blueprints? I think this isn't possible currently, right?

For instance, I could create a headlight Blueprint with some functions to turn a light on or off and maybe change something on the lamp mesh. Then I could build something more complex out of simpler Blueprints like this, like a floodlight that has multiple instances of the same lamp child-Blueprint. Or a spaceship that has a body, and some child-Blueprints, like lights, propulsion rockets, hatches etc.
                                Join us on IRC! We are on #unrealengine @ freenode.org

Comment

Working...
                                X