[Twitch] Tools - May 1, 2014. Blueprints stream - May 8, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaran View Post
    Do you have an eta on when they will be taken out of experimental and fully documented?
    They said in one of the previous streams that "Experimental" is not the best term, as some of that stuff is already quite fleshed out, but is still work in progress. I thing that includes BTs.
    Join us on IRC! We are on #unrealengine @ freenode.org

Comment

+1 for Blender support! I'm just starting to get my head around 3D modelling for my static meshes to build levels (last time I build levels for anything BSP was all the rage!)

Comment

Since this live seems focused a bit on tools, I was wondering if there was any plan on upgrading/enhancing the current color correction tools ? I have in mind a live editing tool similar to what the Source Engine offer (see https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...lor_correction ). Or maybe bringing back the UE3 workflow that allowed users to tweak easily the scene colors (via Highlights, Midtones, Shadows) ?
        - [Marketplace] Sci-fi and Glitch Post-process
        - [Tutorial] Anamorphic Bloom
        - [Tutorial] True First Person Camera
        - [Tutorial] Realtime Distance Field textures
        - [Tutorial] Seamless Portals

Twitter - Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Farshad12 View Post
          Hey Crowl, you mentioned that James Golding is going to be on one of these too
          Sadly I need to leave Cary on Wednesday so will miss the stream Would love to have made it, maybe another time! Nick and Nick will kick much *** though
          Lead Programmer - UE4 Animation/Physics/Audio Team - Epic Games
          Twitter: @EpicJamesG

Comment

Originally posted by JamesG View Post
            Sadly I need to leave Cary on Wednesday so will miss the stream Would love to have made it, maybe another time! Nick and Nick will kick much *** though
            Ah, was looking forward to seeing you there, well, hopefully you'll be back soon for another one or two, thanks anyway.

Comment

I am looking forward to the support for Blender. I don't have the money for Maya or 3d Max. So this will be great!!

Comment

Originally posted by LcSweeper View Post
                I am looking forward to the support for Blender. I don't have the money for Maya or 3d Max. So this will be great!!
                It's great to see how Epic listens to the community. Professionals probably use Maya or 3DS, so UE never really had to bother much with Blender. But with the new affordable licensing a lot of indies are coming to the engine who will often prefer Blender over the other expensive options.

Comment

Originally posted by Bajee View Post
                  It's great to see how Epic listens to the community. Professionals probably use Maya or 3DS, so UE never really had to bother much with Blender. But with the new affordable licensing a lot of indies are coming to the engine who will often prefer Blender over the other expensive options.
                  That is what I like about Epic.

Comment

Hey Epic Games,

I posted this on the Blender Artists forums as well as sent a news tip submission to Blendernation. Which I expect it to be going up soonish...

Thank you for supporting Blender. Expect more people showing up tomorrow for the LiveStream just to hear about blender support.

- HeadClot

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                      Hey Epic Games,

I posted this on the Blender Artists forums as well as sent a news tip submission to Blendernation. Which I expect it to be going up soonish...

Thank you for supporting Blender. Expect more people showing up tomorrow for the LiveStream just to hear about blender support.

- HeadClot
                      Good idea. People over on the Blender forums seem to be interested as well. It might be a good idea to move this topic closer to the beginning for those people who are just tuning in for this part. Either way, this live stream will be very interesting, Blueprint pastebin, Slate UI, Blender, Sequencer.. nice!

Comment

+1 for better Blender Support!

Comment

On the topic of tools, I vaguely recall mention of there being some integration with Excel. If I'm remembering correctly:

How does it work? Does the engine read the .xls file or is it via OLE? Can we access the imported data via blueprints? Any thoughts on supporting other formats, such as OpenOffice/LibreOffice/Google Docs (via Google App Script formatting the data into json or whatever), or even just .csv, json, relational databases, xml, or whatever other formats people store data with?

Comment

Hi Drekmonger,

It's actually .csv import, so anything that can export to .csv will work; our designers use Excel. It's not currently exposed to Blueprints, you need to create new subclasses of FTableRowBase with the properties you want to import, and UDataTable stores/manages a collection of rows. We'd like to improve access to this data in Blueprints in the future, but don't have any immediate plans, although custom struct support will probably make it much easier now.

Cheers,
                            Michael Noland

Comment

Please, give us some good news about Root Motion, because right now, it is a pain in the a** to use, and it is very unstable.

Video that show bugs with root motion:
                              Last edited by Alex3d; 05-01-2014, 02:02 PM.
                              BASIC version can also be bought on Marketplace.
                              PRO version can be bought on my site only.
                              www.3dalex.com

Comment

(Question) Does UE4 support PS4 controller for PC? if not when?
                                Last edited by F.A.R; 05-01-2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X