MAY #UE4JAM, May 14 - May 17, Theme: RAINING CATS AND DOGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kashaar View Post
    Gamejam progress! I made a system that makes it rain, and detects where edges are to dynamically spawn runoff actors that make rain curtains/volumes. These will serve as obstacles for our protagonist!

Looks awesome! How the hell you made this? :>
    Game frameworks on Unreal Marketplace:

Third Person Shooter Kit - February 2017 Community Pick! - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit

Side Scroller Shooter Kit - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...er-shooter-kit

Support Discord channel: https://discord.gg/6rgv5Tj

Comment

Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
      Looks awesome! How the hell you made this? :>
      Lots and lots of traces One actor controls the downpour and then tries to find any edges of things that are rained on, spawning another actor there that creates the curtain of water. Those feed back the surfaces they pour on into the other actor.
      Broad Strokes | Jan Kaluza | Marketplace Release: 'Over 9000 Swords' Modular Melee Weapon System
      Currently not available for freelance work
      Dev Blog & Tutorials | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Kashaar View Post
        Lots and lots of traces One actor controls the downpour and then tries to find any edges of things that are rained on, spawning another actor there that creates the curtain of water. Those feed back the surfaces they pour on into the other actor.
        Amazing stuff and I'm just here struggling to get a basic rain effect haha good job though, its looking great!

Comment

How's everyone's project coming along???
          Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
            How's everyone's project coming along???
            Too slowly! Started on visuals today:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ue4-mayjam1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	649.2 KB
ID:	1076512
            Broad Strokes | Jan Kaluza | Marketplace Release: 'Over 9000 Swords' Modular Melee Weapon System

Comment

Spent far to long figuring out how to do a portal. So far behind where I wanted to be.

That looks amazing Kashaar!

Comment

My project is coming along nicely. Caught up on the lack of sleep today too Slept an EPIC (^^) 16 hours earlier haha Which is good, because I don't see myself sleeping until this countdown expires But no worries, I'm having a blast all the while!
                David Hache aka Mortusnyte - Youtube
                Content Creator
                -Match-3 Blueprint
                -Simple Checkpoint System
                -2D Character Engine - WIP

"Give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!" -Magus, 600 A.D.

Comment

I'm determined to get something finished this time. My project is coming together nicely, mostly down to just adding a basic UI for displaying messages, and duct taping various bits together.

I was using APEX for the sail on the boat, but at some point it decided to flip out and stop working. I miss the basic but perfectly good enough cloth system from UE3.

Thunderbolts and Lightning is on track to make it in before the deadline though.

Comment

PRIZE:
                    Three (3) Grand Prizes: If eligible under these Official Rules, prizes include three (3) codes valid for 30 day’s free subscription
                    subscription to what? :O
                    Check out my game OldSchool Nightmare : http://www.indiedb.com/games/oldschool-nightmare

Comment

I think I just spent way too much time on a generic and expandable 3D main menu system, instead of creating levels for the game :-x

Comment

Wishing i had mad art skills haha

Last edited by NeverMidnightGames; 05-17-2015, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Thunderbolts And Lightning is as done as it's gonna get I think. And I need some sleep.

A silly game about sailing your sailboat home in a storm. There's a lot I'm not super satisfied with, but some bits I do like.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1m...ew?usp=sharing

Team: Enos Shenk
                          Team members: Enos Shenk (Go me)
                          Submission name: Thunderbolts And Lightning

Comment

nice work people who submitted
                            Advanced 3d Footprints | Videos | Open Source Mine Sweeper

Comment

So this was my first game jam, probably not my last as i had fun working on this and I learned a small bit about 2D interaction which i will need to a game i wanna make so look forward to me being int he WIP forum :P

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...V3M&authuser=0

Team: NeverMidnightGames
                              Team members: Kevin O'Sullivan, Drew Shields
                              Submission name: The Cat Dog War

How To Play
                              Left Click on cats and dogs to destroy them
                              R to Reload.
                              Enter on game over to restart the level
                              Last edited by NeverMidnightGames; 05-18-2015, 03:41 PM. Reason: updated problems with viewport and turned down audio to save headphone users :P

Comment

Originally posted by Enos Shenk View Post
                                Thunderbolts And Lightning is as done as it's gonna get I think. And I need some sleep.

A silly game about sailing your sailboat home in a storm. There's a lot I'm not super satisfied with, but some bits I do like.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1m...ew?usp=sharing

Team: Enos Shenk
                                Team members: Enos Shenk (Go me)
                                Submission name: Thunderbolts And Lightning
                                Hey man, that was really cool.

Only thing I can say I didn't like was the light house was somewhat difficult to see. Maybe create an emissive ball that rotates in the center of the lighthouse as the light source. To make the area a bit bigger so the player doesn't confuse it?

Loved the rain and water, and pretty darn good job simulating the huge waves. Was the lightning just a toggled light you set on a timer? Really cool. Awesome man! That was fun.

~rush
                                ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you" - Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                                X