Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting Yourself Up For Success: The Business & Legal Side of Game Development - Apr 30 @ 2PM ET

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty interesting topic.

Originally posted by ayretek View Post
    4) How all this applies to Taxes (US & International)
    +1 for this question. Especially here in Europe the "tax-topic" is pretty important.

Comment

Hi! Do you have a document you can refer us to so that indie(s) can model as a partner to grow with you? Like, "We wish more indie developers could create a company like XYZZY?" I'm looking for a case study to attempt to emulate. Thanks! --Todd

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
        Pretty interesting topic.

+1 for this question. Especially here in Europe the "tax-topic" is pretty important.
        For politicians yeah, the rest of us find the "avoiding-tax-topic" a bit more important

Good topic! Looking forward to it. Question: what are the options for indie developers if someone else is using your content(IP)?
        Lets Measure It
        Blueprints to measure distances, area's, circumferences and routes/paths. Check out the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ets-measure-it

Comment

nice. cant wait. 5 hours to go.

Comment

Too bad I missed it! I'll wait for the recorded stream to be uploaded.

Comment

Who'd have thought the legal stream would be the most entertaining one yet? Great stuff guys.

Comment

Originally posted by maortega View Post
                Too bad I missed it! I'll wait for the recorded stream to be uploaded.
                The stream is uploaded as it's streaming...

Comment

Darn it, I missed it! Any chance of putting it up on the YouTubes, Chance?

Comment

I'm uploading now actually
                    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                      WHAT
                      So you've built or are building your game in Unreal Engine 4 and are greatly looking forward to release. Now what? Epic's General Council Canon Pence and VP of Business Affairs Jay Wilbur join the stream to talk about the business and legal side of making games.

Come find out about licensing, learn how to avoid potential pitfalls, and gain knowledge that will help put you and your game on the path to success. Looking to crowdfund? Curious about IP ownership? Questions about working with publishers or third-party content? Getting ready to release and not sure what's next? Here's your chance to get answers to all of the tough questions surrounding the less alluring parts of building games. Oh, and wear a suit!

WHEN
                      Thursday, April. 30 @ 2PM ET - [Countdown]

WHERE
                      www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
                      Chance Ivey - Community Manager - @iveytron
                      Canon Pence - General Council
                      Jay Wilbur - VP Business Affairs

If you've got questions for our guests, let's hear em!
                      Maybe Chance can sell you one of his old plaid suits.....
                      Last edited by Demolition Man; 05-01-2015, 02:17 PM. Reason: Wrong post

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                        I'm uploading now actually
                        Awsome, thanks a lot!

Comment

Anyone got a link for the uploaded video? Cheers!

Comment

Cannot wait until it's uploaded on YouTube. Unfortunatenly missed it this time :/

Comment

Originally posted by reok View Post
                              Cannot wait until it's uploaded on YouTube. Unfortunatenly missed it this time :/
                              Its always available immediately on twitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

Working...
                              X