No announcement yet.

4.8 Preview, Game Jam Results, and More! - Live from Epic HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1- From what I saw VXGI is good in interiors and bad with open settings and irectional lights like sun, DFGI is total opposite, good in open scenery but little bad in interiors. Both though still don't handle emissive materials and particles dynamic GI very well. Are you advancing in that domain?

2 - How compatible is DFGI with foliage double edged lighting?

3 - How are you handling real reflections for example those caused by indrectly light surfaces? How many bounces do you have in DFGI? In VXGI they are only one bounce per light which is not enough to get real reflections caused by indirect lighting because such reflections need at least the margin of two bounces to be displayed on screen because SSR can't handle reflections coming from indirect lit areas not shown on the screen. I notified NVidia about that and they are working on adding a second bounce to VXGI. I hope you are aware of this delicate problematic feature.

4 - About Procedural Foliage Generation: are you working with NVidia to make it compatible with NVidia Turf Effects : https://developer.nvidia.com/turfeffects ?
    Last edited by Nudlegaru; 04-25-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I Wish they also fix IK Movement from Run/Walk, more accurate from shape Collision and add control Static Mesh Editor to Translate (W), Rotate (E) and scale (R) Object.

Comment

Is there some Youtube link ?

Comment

When did they say 4.8 will be released?
          Interested in having someone review your game? want to do an interview on it?

This check out this website.

Working on a game as well.

Comment

We WON!! That is absolutely amazing! Thank you to everyone for all of the fantastic submissions and a wicked fun Game Jam! #ScorchedInteractive

~rush
            ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
            "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you" - Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by Uprentiss View Post
              When did they say 4.8 will be released?
              It'll be a number of weeks from now.

Preview 1 should be within a week or so though, and we aimt to not have NEARLY as many preview releases as 4.7. Stay tuned for more info!
              Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
                Is there some Youtube link ?
                Youtube will be up within the next couple days gotta move all the bits from computer A to computer B, then to the magical video playing internets
                Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post

Preview 1 should be within a week or so though, and we aimt to not have NEARLY as many preview releases as 4.7. Stay tuned for more info!
                  The preview's is downloadable for everyone from the launcher right?
                  Interested in having someone review your game? want to do an interview on it?

This check out this website.

Working on a game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Uprentiss View Post
                    The preview's is downloadable for everyone from the launcher right?
                    Yep! Will be when it launches. It'll have a number of bugs, for sure but it's a way for you to hop in and take a look at what's coming
                    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

You guys might consider putting a direct link to the archived Twitch video in the first post for each of these streams. Many people have a hard time navigating Twitch to find the most recent streams.

IE Past Broadcasts: http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/pr...ast_broadcasts
                      Map Generator 1.0
                      Map Generator 2.0
                      Map Generator 3.0

Comment

Congrats, exrush/Scorched Interactive!

Thanks for the link, Zeustiak.

You all did a great job on your submissions and I can't wait to play more over the weekend. Awesome works for such a short amount of time.

My jam submission was the product of a jammed UE4 learning session and I had a blast the entire time. This engine is just absolutely fantastic and fun. I look forward to the next jam.

If anyone is interested, after my submission I kept learning/experimenting, and uploaded another version of "Easter JAM" at: www.3dmasons.com/gamejam/EasterJAM.0.2.exe (212MB)

Thanks for the jam and the jamming!

Comment

Originally posted by 3D Masons View Post
                          Congrats, exrush/Scorched Interactive!

Thanks for the link, Zeustiak.

You all did a great job on your submissions and I can't wait to play more over the weekend. Awesome works for such a short amount of time.

My jam submission was the product of a jammed UE4 learning session and I had a blast the entire time. This engine is just absolutely fantastic and fun. I look forward to the next jam.

If anyone is interested, after my submission I kept learning/experimenting, and uploaded another version of "Easter JAM" at: www.3dmasons.com/gamejam/EasterJAM.0.2.exe (212MB)

Thanks for the jam and the jamming!
                          Thanks man! Fantastic job on your game as well. It was definitely unique and I had a blast with it. The particle effects on your pickups were awesome!

As well Congrats to everyone who participated in the jam. Definitely looking forward to jamming with you all again in May!!!

~rush
                          ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                          "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you" - Maya Angelou

Comment

Thank you Zeustiak.

Comment

So its going to be available 4/30/15. I'm going to hold you to that.

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post

Strife - 1996 - Remake

Comment

I see today a launcher update "Updated the messaging when installing a Preview build so folks have a clearer understanding of the build and don't confuse it with an official release." is there the 4.8 preview or when will be released ?
                                Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                                Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Working...
                                X