Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Ad3ViLl View Post
    Is there a better option for streaming live than twitch ?? It's horrible, i couldn't watch halve the show and there's no way to even lower the quality to try and improve the loading.
    I just saw www.Ustream.tv . It's even free for you guys to try out for 30 days, maybe to test and see if its better than twitch ?? please try guys.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a better option for streaming live than twitch ?? It's horrible, i couldn't watch halve the show and there's no way to even lower the quality to try and improve the loading.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    YouTube???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by crowl View Post
    Our next two Twitch livestreams will be:

Thursday, May 1, 2pm ET - UE4 Tools
    Thursday, May 8, 2pm ET - Blueprints!
    *We'll actually have James Golding and Nick Whiting in town for this - a rare and wonderful opportunity.
    Maybe we should allot extra time, or do you think 1.5-2 hours is enough? Let us know what you want!
    The more the better of course, I for one would watch upto 3-4 hours, as not everything, but some of the information that is being said in these streams, you simply can't find them anywhere else period. Though considering lots of people want to watch these, I would say a 2 hour (maybe 2.5 hour) session will be nice for each one.

BTW which stream is going to have James and Nick? the may 8th one or maybe both?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the kind words and suggestions, everyone. We're working to answer more questions here.

*We'll actually have James Golding and Nick Whiting in town for this - a rare and wonderful opportunity.
    Maybe we should allot extra time, or do you think 1.5-2 hours is enough? Let us know what you want!

Will post a new announcement thread for these as well. Aiming to get early feedback here. :-)
    Man, I could listen to you guys for entire day.
    But I guess someone have to work, unfortunately

I honestly really liked part where Mike described what are you working on now. It would be cool if in on some streams you would guys talk more about your future plans or the status of what are you working. This was honestly very interesting, even if we don't see any of this in coming months, it's good to know what is being cooked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great! Will these streams have a Q&A session too? If so, will you post a new thread for questions or should we post them here?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the kind words and suggestions, everyone. We're working to answer more questions here.

Will post a new announcement thread for these as well. Aiming to get early feedback here. :-)
    Awesome. You can make it as long as you can afford, but please find a solution for Twitch. It would be nice to select quality for the stream.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Again a really informative stream with a good length, looking forward to the next one!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iniside View Post
    Though, Twitch half-worked for me, and didn't make all the answers. Waiting for youtube to watch again .
    Twitch was painful for me as well today so i missed the whole thing. :\ But anyway, there is still Youtube!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DarkInfiktrator View Post
    4.2 in few days? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !
    No, only code branching in few days. So if you feel like it, you can go to github and compile latest code.

Anyway great stream. Though, Twitch half-worked for me, and didn't make all the answers. Waiting for youtube to watch again .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DarkInfiktrator View Post
    4.2 in few days? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !
    What? I missed that. Are you sure?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks again for relaying my question, Dana.

For clarity, currently, Characters use CapsuleComponents for collisions. The problem is, the top and bottom of a capsule are rounded. That isn't the case on any platformer game I'm aware of, so it creates really strange collision situations when you're hitting the corner of a platform either above or below. It should be either you fall straight down and you don't collide with it, or you fall *on* the platform and you collide with it, but with a rounded bottom, there is this strange halfway point where you collide with the platform horizontally, but the vertical collision doesn't match where your character's feet are, so it looks like you're standing below the platform. Here's an example:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/atta...6&d=1396446523

One way of dealing with this issue is to change the max perch height, but all that does is make the capsule slide off the edge of the platform, which is pretty far from ideal. So the solution is to change the basis of collision detection to use a box (or a cylinder). The problem there is that making that change involves going through something like 13k lines of code to account for every function that assumes a Capsule is being used for collision, which is incredibly time-consuming, but is necessary for any and all good platformer games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [Question]
    Any info about using BSPs workflow like geometry in Sketchup or something similar?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thankyou for the vehicle info, nice to hear there's progress
    sorry can't login into twitch atm !!!!
    but watching
    Last edited by Geodav; 04-24-2014, 03:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X