No announcement yet.

[Twitch] Unreal Engine 4.1 Tour - Apr. 24, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any timeframe for full intergration of LPV GI ? Or any idea if we'll be able to get the source to the previous SVOGI implementation ? I know it's been asked by many people and you said it was integrated into an older version of the engine, but I'm sure myself and the talented community will like to get our hands on it and try to get it going again. This will be HUGE if we can get it working.

Comment

Originally posted by Geodav View Post
      i know i keep asking but any update on the vehicle code side of life
      I second this.

Originally posted by Ad3ViLl View Post
      Any timeframe for full intergration of LPV GI?
      And this. Will all types of lamps get GI support soon? The dynamic GI is so beautiful, I can't wait
      Fully dynamic Time of Day System blueprint: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-of-Day-Setup Download it for free now!

Comment

Originally posted by gregdumb View Post
        And this. Will all types of lamps get GI support soon? The dynamic GI is so beautiful, I can't wait
        Actually +1.

I'm not interested in any time frame, but will the recent improvements that were described in Lionhead blog post will make it to the engine, or you guys are on your own right now ?

I really like the LPV that is in engine. Would be cool the get it finished with full potential unleashed.
        https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Geodav View Post
          i know i keep asking but any update on the vehicle code side of life
          Yeah, buddy. I third this.

Comment

Will we get more of Lionhead's LPV integrated into UE4?
            TOUR of DUTY

Comment

I'd also really appreciate further info on Lionhead's LVP, looks so promising!
              ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

I'm mostly interested in hearing more about the planned UI builder. I realize it's way's off, but hearing what Epic is thinking on how it might work would be awesome.

More of a suggestion than a question: I really like the State Machine interface and wish it could be used in more general contexts than driving the states of a skeletal mesh's animation. For example, using it to drive the states of music playing or game flow in a turn-based game. These things can be accomplished without the State Machine, of course, but, it's such a nice interface it would be a shame it weren't possible to use it elsewhere.
                Last edited by drekmonger; 04-23-2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Do you plan to integrate the new translation system (still in beta) deeper into the engine? example: it integrates n future UI System, etc...
                  • There are plans to export games to Mac using the PC, and vice-versa?
                  • Plans to offer more support to 2D? Sprites editing, 2d colliders, etc?
                  • Plans to upgrade FBX importer to FBX 2014 or 2015 sdk?
                  Last edited by DarthMH; 04-23-2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TestyVenom View Post
                    Hello, I don't know if this has been asked before, but... With Network Blueprinting, is UE4 still limited to just 64 players per server like UE3 without editing the source network code or is the viable number of players dependent upon how you design the networking in Blueprint? Also, what are the limitations of this feature?

I am wondering because I am looking for an engine that requires the least amount of work in that area for a mobile device MMO that I would like to make and I'd like to be able to make it cross-platform with PC/Mac in the future without using a different engine if possible. If UE4 can handle up to a few thousand simultaneous users (or more) at once, UE4 is definitely the engine for me.
                    Funny no one answered your question. Tim said there is no hardcoded limit. I think this is something you would have to discover on your own in your project.

Originally posted by Bajee View Post
                    I seriously doubt you can pull this off with blueprints alone. Or at all, actually. Not even the top competitors in the MMO segment can do this without limitations. In EVE, if you have "just" a few hundred pilots in one star system, the game is forced to slow down simulation to be able to keep up with everything, which doesn't even include full physics collision handling. It probably has a ton of fancy networking tweaks and hacks under the hood. And they had an entire army of programmers and more than 10 years to figure that stuff out.
                    Not sure about this part. Can't recall a direct limit to the # of players participating in a battle. I was fortunate to participate in some pretty big wars when I played.
                    Godz for UT '99 / UT 2003

Comment

- update on Behavior Trees ?
                      - is a Landscape independent SplineActor planned ? (like the ue3 one)
                      - updates on vehicle code ?

Comment

-Project Templates like a Gears of war style camera and cover system in Blueprint or C++.
                        -Level streaming like a very large forest to mountain map.
                        -Building a house, are the outer walls separate from the inner structure say, the ceiling, floor and walls, and how would you set that up to get it to properly streaming in a level.
                        Last edited by F.A.R; 04-24-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

- Any update on collision meshes for static meshes placed via the foilage tool?

- What is the current state of the official documentation, eg C++ API and Blueprint API?

- as others have asked, any plans for sample vehicle content, either C++ vehicle or BP?

Comment

1. Information about Perforce integration / setup.. (not the perforce side of things but more the unreal engine integration side of things)

looking forward to the stream anyway!

Comment

Any chance of a polished iOS development and deployment workflow from PC, like in UDK?
                              Or if its not possible, at least a step by step documentation for the process of compiling iOS projects from a PC (with a Mac connected via network).

Comment

This is going to be good, Lots of questions should be answered today.

Comment

Working...
                                X