Support Stream – Foliage – March 24th, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
    Just missed half of it Guess I'll have to catch up on YouTube.
    You should be able to watch the VOD directly from their Twitch once the initial stream is over: http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/640974337

Comment

Cool features. There was a comment about using the foliage tool to create buildings. I'm curious though about a question that was answered, basically asking if mobs/NPC's could be spawned using the system. Does this system allow for those animations/AI? The placement of NPC's would also tie into the navmesh as well.
      WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
      World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
      WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

There's some neat stuff in there, but is this all limited to landscape materials? Would I be able to use the grass system on any static mesh? Cheers,

J^2

Comment

Wait YouTube link too , twitch lag: no thank
          Last edited by ChrisTm; 03-24-2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J. J. Franzen View Post
            There's some neat stuff in there, but is this all limited to landscape materials? Would I be able to use the grass system on any static mesh? Cheers,

J^2
            As long as you set up your material right, it appears as though you can make either a landscape actor or static mesh spawn "grass", or other static meshes of your choosing.

Comment

Can't wait to see the examples/docs on these new features. Will be very interesting...

J^2

Comment

Hi guys,

curious to know what the tri/vert count is for the hill tree you used across the scene?
                Also, was the scene using a moveable directional light?

Cheers!
                https://www.artstation.com/artist/paulswalls
                3D Scanner @ Quixel Megascans

Comment

The new waiting music before the stream is absolutely awesome (I watched a recording of the stream but nonetheless I waited the 5 minutes because of the music ) but your new "room" is by far not looking same professional as the old one. The camera is too far way from the sofa and the background wand just looks like paper.
                  Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                  Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Hi there ,

I am sorry about it , you know that i love EPIC but the new room is horrible (my opignion) probably cause of the colors but
                    I am very picky . And It doesn't change the quality of the stream live.

Thank you for the Youtube video.

Comment

Dunno, I prefer the new room.

Comment

Wow, how did I miss this!? This is by far the most important feature for our project, yet to be implemented. This looks fantastic! The only thing I would want is the feature that was mentioned being worked on, being able to define different meshes for different ages of a tree for example. And being able to place blueprints, so we can have foliage that can act as a container for picking berries off of a bush or similar.

Comment

Working...
                        X