X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hamsterPL View Post
    @Kitatus
    You are fast!
    Haha, Thanks 8] I don't know what sleep is!
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by JvtheWanderer View Post
      Hey I need someone to play test my game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_...ew?usp=sharing
      Right I play tested!

It's pretty awesome!

Were you aware that you can destroy the pillars in your way? That seems pretty OP 8]

Also, It's hard to tell when the player will start running. I mean I was pressing loads of different keys... Nothing... I could move around the mouse and aim but they weren't moving. Just when I was about to Alt + F4 to restart... BOOM. Off they ran!

It was pretty fun! Well done
      KITATUS

Comment

Freedom Simulator
        solo

I'll be busy all day+night tomorrow (VRLA) so going to submit this now.

It's certainly more of an experience than a game.

For 2.5 years I've been living in an expensive city, and making near minimum wage as a QA Tester.

8 minute commute to work was nice, but the stabbing pain in my wallet on the first of every month was not.

In a few days all that changes. I'll be free.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwO...ew?usp=sharing

I plan to embrace this freedom, visit old friends, see new places.

Not be tied down to one single location.

"...to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life..."

This is the start of my Walden

Comment

HEY! So my game jam submission is almost complete! YAY! While I did read the rules thoroughly, it is still unclear to me whether we are able to use any of Epic's assets, including marketplace items made by Epic. "It states no third party items, but technically Epic isn't a third party" Anyone have any information on this by chance?

Just curious

I noticed last month submissions were using the default blue pawn.

Thanks!
          Joe
          ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
          "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you" - Maya Angelou

Comment

First time entering the game jam Been watching for a while and I had Friday and Saturday to spare this month so it all worked out.

Team Name: Allied Games
            Team Members: Justin Dooley, Alexandru Merza
            Submission: AlliedGames_Gravity

Download link: Gravity

Description
            Gravity is a relaxing journey through one of the most populated systems in the galaxy. You are a particle of light from a distant solar system riding the gravity waves of the celestial bodies. Approach the planets in the system to learn about them and their inhabitants. The closer you get the more the planet's/sun's gravity will affect you. There is no goal or rules. Just relax and enjoy the freedom that comes with a being a particle of light.

Controls:
            W/S: Pitch
            A/D: Yaw
            Space: Accelerate

Last edited by Justin.Dooley; 03-22-2015, 02:34 AM.

Comment

@ exrush

yes, it's fine, not the rules guy or nothing but it's fine to use anything that Epic provides as long as it's with their Engine - UE4
              (the rules are because sites like twitter and youtube are clamping down on copyright infringement to avoid the law suites and Epic would like to avoid the conflict probably)
              (mainly because they show videos of the Game Jam and they do retain the rights to use the work in media etc.)(i'll end the explanation with that to avoid a long story)

I use the blue guy all the time, even this jam too, I like how he fits into my schemes. you can use the sound, effects, UE4 logos, all that good stuff.

now, good luck & I probably should eat & sleep. I'd advise the same to all my fellow game jammers

Comment

My first game jam entry. It's not as finished as I'd like it to be, but I won't have any more time tomorrow, so here it is.

Download on Google Drive

First time I've ever had to finish a project on a deadline. It's a totally new experience for me, having to prioritize different features. Usually I just play around and do whatever I want until I get bored and move on to the next thing. Thanks for doing these jams Epic, it helped me actually "finish" something for once!

The game is called "Prison Escape." Basically you need to reach the end of the (pretty short) prison maze, while not getting killed by the guards. Hope you guys like it!

Edit: forgot to mention, the team consists of only me.

Fully dynamic Time of Day System blueprint: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-of-Day-Setup Download it for free now!

Comment

Unleash the Beast Stay Caged!

Good Evening All. Hope Everyone had A very Productive Weekend.
                  i know i did. However unfortunately i didn't quite finish it. AI on 2d Characters does my head in.

but i still thought i would give you guys some screen shots of UNLEASH THE BEAST.....

Comment

the "third party content" clause in the rules ends with "without the copyright holder’s permission" - we have the permission from epic to use all of the sample and learning content.

or at least were heavily using the learn tab assets - I don't mind if we cant win if we do that as I'm just having fun making a 3 day game
                    ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

So my game was very far, but a bug crushed my whole project and I don't have the time to fix this. Next time...
                      Hobby game developer from Germany Follow me on Twitter!
                      Stuff I made:
                      Steam Workshop Tutorial/Wiki
                      Making a full working translation for your game and change it at runtime

Comment

Zeta

Hello Everyone!
                        I finally completed my game for this' month's Game Jam!

Project Name : Zeta

Team Name : Keno

Team Members : Keno

Name of Submission : Keno_Zeta

Description : In this simple game, You need to free a little ball from some strange rings. The game difficulty of the game increases after each level. This version of the game has 10 levels.

Download : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Y...ew?usp=sharing

Screenshots :

Last edited by Keno; 03-22-2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glzmo View Post
                          AI on 2d Characters does my head in.
                          The trick is (If you download my project you'll see >) to actually make the character 3D (I used the normal ThirdPersonCharacter), set the 3D person to invisible and have the 2D person on top.

I learnt this trick from Super Smash Bros and I don't know how I lived without it!
                          KITATUS

Comment

Download Mazed on Dropbox

I made a first person puzzle game for this game jam where you attempt to free yourself from the maze. It's all very thought provoking and minimalist, because I didn't really put much thought into anything other than the gameplay. It's a type of game I'm generally referring to as a "portal-like" these days. It's primary mechanic was interesting to build, even if it's a little buggy and unstable. The game itself is really short once you know what you're doing. I didn't really have enough time to design that many puzzles when you get down to it, so there's like 5 in total I think. I would do more on it, but it's 1 am my time and it'll be past deadline when I wake up, so I'm pretty happy with where it finished. Felt like I got a lot more done this time than on any of the previous jams.

Made by just me.
                            Last edited by Daelus; 03-22-2015, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daelus View Post
                              Download Mazed on Dropbox

I made a first person puzzle game for this game jam where you attempt to free yourself from the maze. It's all very thought provoking and minimalist, because I didn't really put much thought into anything other than the gameplay. It's a type of game I'm generally referring to as a "portal-like" these days. It's primary mechanic was interesting to build, even if it's a little buggy and unstable. The game itself is really short once you know what you're doing. I didn't really have enough time to design that many puzzles when you get down to it, so there's like 5 in total I think. I would do more on it, but it's 1 am my time and it'll be past deadline when I wake up, so I'm pretty happy with where it finished. Felt like I got a lot more done this time than on any of the previous jams.

Made by just me.
                              That was pretty cool! The speed was a bit slow walking but I thought the gravity concept was really cool! Good work!
                              KITATUS

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                                That was pretty cool! The speed was a bit slow walking but I thought the gravity concept was really cool! Good work!
                                I know it's short, but you got that downloaded, running and played in under 10 minutes. Thats pretty impressive! Oh and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X