Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so down! Cannot wait

Comment

Nice! this one I can't miss. Gotta see if there's any little secret in the AI system to discover.
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

[question] Can you go over specifically the differences between instanced and non-instanced BT nodes, how memory is allocated, deallocated and managed? How are nodes marked as instanced and not? best practices etc
        [question] What is your best practice for handling networked AI actions/tasks ? (next question is related) I imagine you replicate specific montages, specific cosmetic values with replicatedusing functions and normal movement replication do its job.
        [question] Could you go over UE4's version of special moves that Epic is using for fortnight? I'm familiar with the UE3 versions.
        [question] Can we get an updated roadmap on character AI systems in development and overall AI systems being worked on? I know there are plans to expand the pawn actions system, port over the hot spot manager and do some more EQS optimizations.
        [question] Are there any plans to pass blackboard values as dataprovider params to EQS queries via the run EQS behavior task?
        [question] Whats Epic's typical workflow for managing multiple different templates for similar AI, eg an easy/medium/tough pistol guy, a easy/medium/tough rifle guy that is basically a pistol guy with different character and controller settings? Do you make new AIController, and character blueprint instances or have shared config files or a difficulty float type for configuration settings?
        Last edited by dzeligman; 03-09-2015, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Question:
          Is there an easy way to create Decorators of which the condition is checked every frame (or at least regularly) in C++? The 4.7 Release Notes mentioned specifically for Blueprint-implemented Decorators the following:

Now it is possible to have Receive Condition Check called every frame for continuous condition checking
          But I did not figure out yet how to achieve this in C++. The best I've found is to use a blackboard based Decorator (which does seem to get updated when the Blackboard value changes). But this requires also creating a service to regularly check and update the condition, and write it to the blackboard, and it requires the blackboard to have a key specifically for this (meaning that the Blackboard Asset, Service and Decorator are all very tightly coupled and require each other just for the sake of getting one condition to update often, and I'd prefer to be able to create a very modular Decorator that can easily be plugged into any Behavior Tree without requiring a specific Blackboard key and a specific Service).

Comment

[Question]

Best way to simulate non-traditional NPC Character movements such as vehicles, spaceships, etc. that don't conform to straight 'move to' commands?

(ie: follow a curve etc in 2d as well as 3d space, could target points along a road etc. be used to work and would it be the simplest way to simulate a curve etc.? what would be the simplest solution possible?)

Comment

[Question] Is using the pawnsensing component the recommended way to create AI - Player awareness? I saw game examples using functions like EyeTrace, which basically done the same, just with a lot of blueprinting.

[Question] What is the recommended solution to setup a ranged patrolling, chasing and shooting enemy AI with blue prints?

Thanks
              Last edited by unit23; 03-10-2015, 10:06 AM.
              LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

I know it might seem selfish, but i there any chance you could include GMT times, for the European audience?

(I'm in the UK, so that might seem self-serving. )
                I'm @londonisunreal, the organiser of the London Unreal Engine Meetup group.

Comment

Jez click on the countdown link, as of right now you've got 50 mins till it starts
                  UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                  ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

I have added a link to the project. It's a very simple project, so it may not be added to the learn tab, but I wanted to make sure it was available to anyone who wanted it.
                    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Thanks a loot, that was very helpful ... If you're newbie with BTs this really gets your feet wet

Comment

Thanks guys for the tutorial! This is just what I was looking for and I learned a lot. Looking at your project one area that I have been having a hard time with is the service. Behavior Trees are supposed to work for classes of characters, yet ever example I see always casts to a specific character. In the example you give it's BPAICharater. In the same service you use a lot of vectors from actor, which don't seem to work if you cast to a class. So it does not seem like there is a way you could use this Behavior Tree with anything more than just carbon copy of BPAICharater.

I have found this problem with a lot of BT tutorials. I would like to create children of BPAIChar that have different attributes and use the same behavior tree. Are there any resources/tutorials or documentation that can show how to make something like that work?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X