[Twitch] Announcing Unreal Dev Grants! - Feb 19, 2015 @ 2PM ET

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
    The question is, are you both going to be at GDC?
    They sure will be! Give them high fives (and ask for swag )
    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
      They sure will be! Give them high fives (and ask for swag )
      I see you've backed off of your "full body hug" recommendation.

Comment

Archive's up, yall!
        Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by TheBladeRoden View Post
          At this point I would be satisfied with a free subscription
          Then do a game jam! There will be another one in a couple weeks.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ray Davis;225422] Also I apologize for all the bad pun jokes QUOTE]

what bad pun jokes?

Someone must've been wearing their feelings on their sleeves, cuz I watched the whole thing & didn't hear anything bad at all.
            this is a major problem in today's society, a joke is a joke, period. if it's a bit offensive just get tick'd, say something funny back & move on. people are so hyper sensitive now, personally I think it's mostly just to attract attention more than anyone actually being offended. (just my personal opinion but seems to be true)

I do have a question, sort of. well maybe a couple:

1) It was mentioned that when a submitted project to be considered for a grant, it should be some where along the prototype stage, but not so far along as nearing completion. At what stage should a project be at? Could that be elaborated on or some way have an example or examples of the stage that a project should be at.

2) If someone has multiple projects or ideas that could be prototyped, should they be submitted separately and would this effect the outcome of future submissions for grants?
            (for example, if someone had a mobile project they wanted to try to get out first to get experience & some stability before moving on to a larger or more complicated pc project. how would one effect the other or would they?)

3) Don't know how to say this but just to say it, but I've noticed (and maybe it's just me) that the games that seem to get attention sometimes are sort of well, Fluff. Something that is sort of cool for the moment but nothing I'd want to play more than once or would play past seeing how pretty it was or unique the effects are. So I have to ask will different types of projects be accepted like one's that have good gameplay & are fun to play & have re-playability (for lack of a better word)? (we don't all have the same opinions or like to play the same games either, nor does the public)

PS - And I have to take up for Chance here!
            He's been the model example for the community & has stepped in on many occasions to provide a calm and viable solution to many situations that was getting blown out of proportion by different members at times. (we are all passionate about our work and our belief in our work and things can get out of hand if someone isn't there to step in with a cool head & outlook on the situation.)

And he has appeared on many streams as a model Epic employee, considering the many situations he is put in & the fact that everyone literally messes (jokes) with him about almost anything, he takes it very well.
            (if you get joked with or about all the time, you don't think much about joking back. it's second nature to defend oneself from time to time)

It's hard to be Perfect all the time! lol

Personally I'm offended by Plaid but I don't expect Epic to ban everyone from the Live Streams because of it.
            (on a lighter note - maybe we should strip Chance of all his plaid like they do in all the old movies, stripping the rank off the individual before he's shot! lol ) ( see That was a joke, no offense or harm intended! )
            Last edited by ayretek; 02-22-2015, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Great initiative. Will try a submission
              Thanks Epic

Comment

Delayed response, just had a chance to watch the stream. These grants are an amazing initiative from Epic!

I was really impressed by the SUIT student project in the Community Spotlight, but I had trouble googling them. Here's the youtube link for anyone interested:

And the main FutureGames school website with details: http://futuregames.se/

SINGMETOSLEEP / PARASOMNIA / DARKDRIFT / ETERNAL APEX / PRETTY ABRASIVE MUSIC / TWITTER @ACATALEPT

Comment

For freedom of imagination!

NOTE: That the below is a repost from this thread: Introducing Unreal Dev Grants
                  As it seems this is where the party's at

Submitted one of our shorter term products (plugin) before the Twitch Broadcast went live and we are eagerly awaiting a reply.

This announcement has also been a real motivation booster for us and we look forward to putting in a submission for a larger grant once our game related project has come together to a state that we are happy with for a tech demo worthy showcase to Epic Games and soon after the public at large

To Epic Games: You're truly putting emphasis on the word epic in the dictionary once again (thumbsup)

To the community: I very much look forward to seeing what my fellow members of this great community can create when the shackles of debt, publishers, investors, etc. are no longer an issue for you to be truly creative with your craft in the early stages of creation. Because outside forces should never play a factor into the direction of your vision until it can stand on its two feet with a growing community behind it

Regards,
                  Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
                  Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Originally posted by ayretek View Post
                    3) Don't know how to say this but just to say it, but I've noticed (and maybe it's just me) that the games that seem to get attention sometimes are sort of well, Fluff. Something that is sort of cool for the moment but nothing I'd want to play more than once or would play past seeing how pretty it was or unique the effects are. So I have to ask will different types of projects be accepted like one's that have good gameplay & are fun to play & have re-playability (for lack of a better word)? (we don't all have the same opinions or like to play the same games either, nor does the public)
                    They said they want "cool things", they are the 3d engine developers. It is not game design grant. So your project should realize new tech features. Is there any need of 2000+ graphs looking game (but fun, gameplay, re-re- bla bla bla)??? Just look at first results. Room. Nature. Cool things? =)

Comment

Working...
                    X