• FEBRUARY GAME JAM: Theme: LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD

Theme: Love is a Battlefield

Here are your winners!

Call of a Broken Heart by Marcin Matuszcyk
    Stay With Me by Hany Malek
    Dual Souls by RocketChip

Highlight Video

THE RULES
    • Make the most amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.
    • Submit a download link to this thread before midnight on the night of February 15th / morning of Feb 16th including the following:
      • Team Name
      • List of Team Members
      • Name of submission (Please format it with your team's name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
        After you post your submission, PM me with the email addresses of your team members (up to 5), the name of your team and the name of your project. That makes it easier to get prizes out, so make sure to do it!

• We will announce the theme on the February 12th stream, when the jam will officially kick-off.
    • A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:
      • Unique use of theme
      • Fun factor
      • Overall Visuals

• Detailed Rules Available Here

Each submission will receive a code redeemable for one 30 day subscription code per team member (up to 5), and the top 3 submissions will receive three 30 day subscription codes per team member (up to 5) and a t-shirt! We'll be featuring the top submissions on the Twitch stream on February 26th, as well as posting winners to our official blog!

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown
    Submission Deadline Countdown

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
    Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam hashtag!

Chance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chance Ivey; 08-05-2015, 01:08 PM.

• replied
    Originally posted by Seyroth View Post
    Any news on the march game jam? There's usually a thread opened this far into the month.

Or does UE4 going free means no more jams for some reason (no more rewards to hand out, too many potential participants...)?
    We'll have a fitting replacement, for sure

GAME JAMS WILL CONTINUE!
    We had to push March's back due to GDC. Stay tuned for the announcement!

Chance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any news on the march game jam? There's usually a thread opened this far into the month.

Or does UE4 going free means no more jams for some reason (no more rewards to hand out, too many potential participants...)?

Edit: Cool, thanks for the answer!
    Last edited by Seyroth; 03-11-2015, 09:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would really love to see a jam board on the web site collecting every jam results. It would be really rewarding I guess and I would like to participate in the rating of the entries. It would also be cool to be able to play the entries directly from the web with the HTML5 exporter. I would just like to see these amazing entries to be kept track of

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah, was about to use one of my codes then Bam!

Tim Sweeney, once again proves how awesome he & Epic is by making Unreal Engine free !

but I am wondering what to do with these codes and I am worried what will happen to our game jams.
    $19 for 3-4 days & I mean days, cuz don't get much sleep on some of the game jams, isn't a lot but still it was like Cake w/Ice Cream or a slice of Pie when you were done.
    It made ya feel like Epic still luv'd ya for all the work ya done! lol

Please keep doing the game jams, maybe send us some real Jam, maybe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It looks like Unreal Engine is free. Now I wander, what about our prize?
    More credit for the marketplace? Just sayn..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Video posted!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Trippy View Post
    Which are everyone's guess for top three?
    These are my top three games!
    Lovn Jack
    The War of Us
    Love & Truffles

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Trippy View Post
    Dual Souls
    Stay With Me
    War of Us

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Allar View Post
    I've streamed gameplay of all the above submissions.

If you're interested in watching, here are links to the twitch recordings.

http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar/b/625439400
    http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar/b/625466366
    http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar/b/625488449
    Thanks Allar for the cool Twitch stream, really glad you liked my game "Stay With Me", code name "RoboLove", forgot to change the executable's filename , I agree that the difficulty curve could use some balancing but I ran out of time, I also noticed that the "close together" meter is depleted faster than I had intended, I guess its because its linked to the tick function, and your machine is a lot powerful than mine, so the game runs faster, think I should've used "Deltatime" in my calculations somehow. This has been a really fun experience for me, regardless of the results, I think I'll stick around for Epic Jams to come. .
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GamesEngine View Post
    I have had chance to play a lot of the games this evening and this is my favorite one! all the games are so good but this one just ticked all the boxes for me. Great job guys....
    Creator recorded a snippet of my stream for this...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Darn. From watching Allar's recording it looks like you guys weren't able to connect to each other with our game (Ghost Love) either. We were hoping it was just us.

Does anyone have any insight on this? I feel like there is some magic setting we missed. You don't need any c++ to make multiplayer work, right? If anyone can help us get this networking working we'd be eternally grateful.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GamesEngine View Post
    I have had chance to play a lot of the games this evening and this is my favorite one! all the games are so good but this one just ticked all the boxes for me. Great job guys....

ugghhghhg cant wait to get these all loaded up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by omigamedev View Post
    Project Name: Lovn Jack
    Team: EpicMilan
    Members: Omar (omigamedev), Giovanni (giovanni), Ernest.
    Here we are, a bit of troubles building the package so we decided to upload the whole project.
    Submission version (source): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By4...ew?usp=sharing

UPDATE: I was finally able to build a shipping version
    Packed version (no changes to the game):
    7Zip 162MB https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By4...ew?usp=sharing
    Zip 205MB https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By4...ew?usp=sharing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X