No announcement yet.

FEBRUARY GAME JAM: Theme: LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn. From watching Allar's recording it looks like you guys weren't able to connect to each other with our game (Ghost Love) either. We were hoping it was just us.

Does anyone have any insight on this? I feel like there is some magic setting we missed. You don't need any c++ to make multiplayer work, right? If anyone can help us get this networking working we'd be eternally grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by GamesEngine View Post
      I have had chance to play a lot of the games this evening and this is my favorite one! all the games are so good but this one just ticked all the boxes for me. Great job guys....
      Creator recorded a snippet of my stream for this...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Comment

Originally posted by Allar View Post
        I've streamed gameplay of all the above submissions.

If you're interested in watching, here are links to the twitch recordings.

http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar/b/625439400
        http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar/b/625466366
        http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar/b/625488449
        Thanks Allar for the cool Twitch stream, really glad you liked my game "Stay With Me", code name "RoboLove", forgot to change the executable's filename , I agree that the difficulty curve could use some balancing but I ran out of time, I also noticed that the "close together" meter is depleted faster than I had intended, I guess its because its linked to the tick function, and your machine is a lot powerful than mine, so the game runs faster, think I should've used "Deltatime" in my calculations somehow. This has been a really fun experience for me, regardless of the results, I think I'll stick around for Epic Jams to come. .
        Cheers.

Comment

Which are everyone's guess for top three?

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post
            Dual Souls
            Stay With Me
            War of Us

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post
              These are my top three games!
              Lovn Jack
              The War of Us
              Love & Truffles

Comment

Video posted!
                UE4 Development [VR & AR Forums | VR | AR | Magic Leap]
                Make and Maintain Framerate [ Robo Recall Postmortem]
                Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

It looks like Unreal Engine is free. Now I wander, what about our prize?
                  More credit for the marketplace? Just sayn..

Comment

yeah, was about to use one of my codes then Bam!

Tim Sweeney, once again proves how awesome he & Epic is by making Unreal Engine free !

but I am wondering what to do with these codes and I am worried what will happen to our game jams.
                    $19 for 3-4 days & I mean days, cuz don't get much sleep on some of the game jams, isn't a lot but still it was like Cake w/Ice Cream or a slice of Pie when you were done.
                    It made ya feel like Epic still luv'd ya for all the work ya done! lol

Please keep doing the game jams, maybe send us some real Jam, maybe.

Comment

I would really love to see a jam board on the web site collecting every jam results. It would be really rewarding I guess and I would like to participate in the rating of the entries. It would also be cool to be able to play the entries directly from the web with the HTML5 exporter. I would just like to see these amazing entries to be kept track of

Comment

Any news on the march game jam? There's usually a thread opened this far into the month.

Or does UE4 going free means no more jams for some reason (no more rewards to hand out, too many potential participants...)?

Edit: Cool, thanks for the answer!
                        Last edited by Seyroth; 03-11-2015, 09:48 AM.
                        Dimitri Roziecki | Virtualization Designer
                        Valeo

Comment

Originally posted by Seyroth View Post
                          Any news on the march game jam? There's usually a thread opened this far into the month.

Or does UE4 going free means no more jams for some reason (no more rewards to hand out, too many potential participants...)?
                          We'll have a fitting replacement, for sure

GAME JAMS WILL CONTINUE!
                          We had to push March's back due to GDC. Stay tuned for the announcement!

Chance
                          UE4 Development [VR & AR Forums | VR | AR | Magic Leap]
                          Make and Maintain Framerate [ Robo Recall Postmortem]
                          Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Working...
                          X