Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Stream - Creating a Twin-Stick Shooter - Feb. 3rd, 2015

WHAT
    Sr Technical Artist Alan Willard walks us through the creation of his Silly Geo twin-stick shooter game. Learn about camera manipulation, input setup and handling, firing and taking damage, spawning enemies, and more!

WHEN
    Tuesday, Feb. 3rd @ 3:30PM - 5:00PM ET - [Countdown]

WHERE
    www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
    Alan Willard - Sr Technical Artist

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember, while we try to give attention to all inquiries, it's not always possible to answer everyone's questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it's rather likely that we don't have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Edit: The YouTube archive is available here

Last edited by Chance Ivey; 04-14-2015, 04:17 PM.

• replied
    How easy would it be to move this from a plane to 3d space?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do you go about making this work in multiplayer, ive started to try and do but on the server side it starts for a breef second looking right then it dosent use the topdown cam and dosent spawn to other clients, the client side is fine exept it dosent have momevment, ive tried authority on server and client in the character and movement, spawning stuff as well as making sure some things are taged as replicate, it just dosent work well.. im begining to think the way the game has been put together just wont work for multilayer.

also when running as dedicated server, and running two clients, i see 2 ships which is correct, so it partly dose it..
    Last edited by LeopardX; 04-03-2015, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, I see. Would it be possible to do it with a Pawn that wouldn't have the Character Movement component ? I tried and I have issues with the rotation

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Atemu View Post
    Awesome ! May I ask why you used a Character instead of a Pawn for the Player ?
    It was done so they could use a Character Movement component for calculating the player's velocity.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome ! May I ask why you used a Character instead of a Pawn for the Player ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Twin Stick Shooter is now available as "SillyGeo" in the Learn tab of the launcher!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Weskey View Post
    An update regarding the availability of this project?
    It's on the way, it just went through a localization, which is one of the final steps. Should be up soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    According to the people working on it, there are some parts that required 4.7 updates and they want to wait for the official 4.7 release before moving those over.
    An update regarding the availability of this project?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the the update. I think most of us are just excited for it, and hoping it wasn't doomed to fall by the wayside.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sebastian Bayer View Post
    any ETA on the upload?
    According to the people working on it, there are some parts that required 4.7 updates and they want to wait for the official 4.7 release before moving those over.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any ETA on the upload?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can't wait! I just started playing around with this very thing, so this comes as a great surprise.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was following the tutorial and hoping to be able to implement a similar set up with waves of enemies; however, when I test it the blueprint goes right through all the waves but nothing spawns. It does say in the Scene Outliner that they are spawning. I guess what I would like to know is if there is a set up in the game state blueprint that you did not show in the video? Also, there is no delay when the Spawn Timer ends and the Clear Spawn Timer begins and then on to the next waves set up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's not up on the learn tab quite yet, will be in a couple of days though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X