[Twitch] New Launcher! Water! ALL THE THINGS and MORE - Jan 22, 2015 @ 2PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    We do have plans for being able to decide if you project will use forward or differed rendering, but it's will have to go through an experimental phase first. Martin Mittring is working on it when he can, but there is no ETA for the stable version.
    More than willing to be a beta tester! I should have checked here before asking in the stream, really looking forward to this feature!

As a side note I noticed Specular highlights and SSR for translucency have been added to the 4.8 Master on GitHub. Planning on giving it a try on the weekend, thank you guys for implementing it! Is this the planar reflections for translucent surfaces that DanielW was working on by any chance?
    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Thanks everyone for hanging out with us! Look out for the water pack coming soon
      Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Hey! I missed the stream. Can anyone describe what is up with the water? This is the number one feature beyond foliage that I need. UE4 water still looks like UE3 water.

Comment

Wish it had a moving material for the shoreline, doesnt look anywhere near as good as cryengines (although there are some really neat things in this water that Alan did, nice!)

Is there a way to make it double sided to it see underwater? Could post process effects for going underneath it be added?
          Last edited by CyberDev; 01-23-2015, 06:55 AM.

Comment

So nothing new about water then? Still doesn't look like water.
            Last edited by Errvald; 01-23-2015, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the fun stream!
              System
              ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
              Artwork thread

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                As a side note I noticed Specular highlights and SSR for translucency have been added to the 4.8 Master on GitHub. Planning on giving it a try on the weekend, thank you guys for implementing it! Is this the planar reflections for translucent surfaces that DanielW was working on by any chance?
                It's regular SSR.
                ArtStation

Comment

Thanks for the shout-out for my Unreal Engine Git plugin

I am so glad to give it to the community!
                  [Gamedev programmer at Darewise (Paris) - We are hiring]
                  UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin 2.14-beta for UE4.23 - (v1 integrated by default since UE4.7)
                  UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin 1.4.6 for UE4.23 - (integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.24)

Comment

Yeah very cool; I am very exited

Comment

Thanks again for the shout out to my twitch channel. Thought I posted here earlier but I guess I didn't. A number of people hopped on over and hit follow so I can bore them with code. For those interested, http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar

Comment

Will be released the "Water Pack" in the Learn Tab ?
                        Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                        Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
                          Will be released the "Water Pack" in the Learn Tab ?
                          Yep, we're working on it, just got to get some stuff approved and shipped out
                          Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                          How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                          Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                          X