Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Twitch] Marketplace, Preview Builds, & Game Jam Theme Announce! - Dec 11th @ 2PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Twitch] Marketplace, Preview Builds, & Game Jam Theme Announce! - Dec 11th @ 2PM ET

WHAT
    Sr. Producer Deke Waters returns to discuss Marketplace and to introduce our new Marketplace Content Curator Jon Jones! Jon will be working with content creators in a number of ways, so be sure to drop him a message if you're looking into getting involved with the Unreal Engine Marketplace! We're also going to have a quick look at changes at how we handle Preview builds of UE4 in 4.7 and beyond. Come hang with us

WHEN
    Thursday, Dec. 11th @ 2PM ET - [Countdown]

WHERE
    www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
    Chance Ivey - Community Manager
    Deke Waters - Sr. Producer
    Jon Jones - Content Curator

Questions? Let's hear em

EDIT: The YouTube archive is up here
    Last edited by Ivey; 12-12-2014, 03:46 PM.
    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Awesome will be there!

Any update on plugins for the marketplace?
    Whats the update on the marketplace seller dashboard?
    What are your future plans for promotions, product visibility, & the Unreal Summer Sale?
    Last edited by Devero; 12-10-2014, 05:05 PM.
    W3 Studios

Comment

Code plugins ? When?
      https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

With some free plugin from Epic ?

Comment

How far off is a consumer ratings/comments system for the marketplace?

Comment

Any updates on the web page version of the current marketplace?
            It could even be slate based because slate can run on html5 right?

Comment

Couple questions about using different builds:
              1. In general, how safe is it to switch my project into a preview build? Is it like a windows os preview where anything could go terribly wrong? Or is it more stable?
              2. Also, what kind of data/functionality should I expect to be lost (if any) when moving a project from an older engine version to a new one? Is there a checklist I should go through when moving from one engine to another to ensure the change is smooth?

Comment

Are free submissions allowed? If not, what is the lower limit for costs?
                Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
                - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

Runtime Datatable
                -All the fun of DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared Therriault View Post
                  Are free submissions allowed? If not, what is the lower limit for costs?
                  I asked this during the stream as I was interested in hearing whether it's currently possible to do and unfortunately it isn't, the minimum is $5. Here is the answer I got back:

No free assets are allowed currently, as we don't want clutter the market without a search being implemented first. $5 is our current minimum
                  So it could change in the future, but not possible right now (Koola's LightRoom was probably a project that Epic wanted to put up as a showcase).

EDIT: Here is the Koola explanation:

"The Koola project had significant tutorial value and giving it for free was a good way to help people learn the engine"
                  Last edited by DotCam; 12-11-2014, 04:25 PM.
                  Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Thanks for participating everybody!
                    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Re: Free assets - nothing at this time that's not deliberately created for the purpose of learning. Will let everyone know if that changes!
                      Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Also thanks again for participating today, everyone!
                        Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                          I asked this during the stream as I was interested in hearing whether it's currently possible to do and unfortunately it isn't, the minimum is $5. Here is the answer I got back:

So it could change in the future, but not possible right now (Koola's LightRoom was probably a project that Epic wanted to put up as a showcase).

EDIT: Here is the Koola explanation:
                          Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                          Re: Free assets - nothing at this time that's not deliberately created for the purpose of learning. Will let everyone know if that changes!
                          Thanks guys. Kind of a disappointment but I understand why. Lot of manual work involved and trying to stay uncluttered in the absence of a good search. Looks like I'll just have to wait.
                          Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
                          - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

Runtime Datatable
                          -All the fun of DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!

Comment

Working...
                          X