Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December 9 LiveStream - Track Generator Blueprint - Files!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 9 LiveStream - Track Generator Blueprint - Files!!

Here are the files you'll need if you want to follow along with today's livestream.

Just copy the Content folder into your project folder. Merge. Booyah.

https://epicgames.box.com/shared/sta...flvbnft8l3.zip
    Last edited by [Epic] Gribbs; 08-19-2015, 10:20 AM. Reason: Minor edit

Thank you Zak Parrish

Comment

Booyah indeed. Great stream!

Comment

Thanks Mr. Zak @UE4

Comment

Tyvm Zak

Comment

Thank Zak !!!

Comment

Cheers

Narg
              http://www.seven-mountains.eu/

Comment

Thank you Zak. Very usefull video with a lot of additional hints and tips. Please do more!
                Follow me on Twitter: @heikofink69 | Game: Crazy Max VR | Plugins: Perception Neuron Plugin and Template, Texture Merge | Demo: Blood Mine VR with PN

Comment

You are a God. Very well explained too. This is going to be a lifesaver for my racing game.

Comment

Zak! YOU ARE AWESOME, thanks.

Comment

So, I've tried this today on Unreal 4.7.6 and, even though some stuff is different, I can't make anything appear on the Details part of the Track Generator.
                      I move it to the scene and, under "Default", it only shows "Road Mesh".

EDIT: So, the previous issue was solved; I just forgot to mark some of the variables as "Editable". However, a new problem showed up: after I put the Track Generator in the scene, whenever I extend it, it just draws an empty line, failing to draw the road along. Any idea on what I might be doing wrong?
                      Last edited by juh825; 05-29-2015, 08:12 PM. Reason: previous issue solved

Comment

Don't know if he ever checks this out. But is there a way to have the UVs not stretch? The spline in his stream had the same issue but he seemed to completely ignore the issue. I find the track generator pretty useless if I get stretched UVs all around.

EDIT: Fixed by using a WorldAlignedTexture node in my material.
                        Last edited by HiIAmMoot; 06-18-2015, 11:58 AM. Reason: solved

Comment

Does anyone have a mirror of the project files?

Comment

Cool thank you!

Comment

I'm following along with this using Unreal 4.9.2 and I get to about the 53 minute mark and you're suppose to go into the spline details and change "mobility" to static.
                              That option no longer appears in that detail list. Where would I make that change?

[update] I've skipped over that part for now and went on to changing the geom to be "Use Complex Collision as Simple" and the vehicle still won't collide with the ground. I think Maybe skipping the "mobility" step may be the cause of this...

[update 2] I was finally able to get the collisions to work, but I had to select the "Add Spline Mesh Component" in the "Build Track Element" section and set the collisions on that to "Block all". Once I got the vehicle riding on the road,
                              I went on to the "Set Collisions" section (around the 57 minute mark) After setting that up, it didn't appear to toggle the collisions. That brought me back to something that happened earlier in the setup.
                              Setting up the section "Used Stored Data to Build Track Element" , we started by dropping an "Add Spline Mesh Component" and then making a new Variable "Local_CurrentSplineMesh" and setting that to the return value of the "Add Spline Mesh Component"
                              (which I did)

But I noticed something different between what I ended up with and what was in the demo. The "SET" node has an extra output dot on the right that I did not see in the demo version. Could this be throwing off my collisions?
                              Last edited by mrfusiontm; 10-19-2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X