Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December 9 LiveStream - Track Generator Blueprint - Files!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 9 LiveStream - Track Generator Blueprint - Files!!

Here are the files you'll need if you want to follow along with today's livestream.

Just copy the Content folder into your project folder. Merge. Booyah.

https://epicgames.box.com/shared/sta...flvbnft8l3.zip
    Last edited by [Epic] Gribbs; 08-19-2015, 10:20 AM. Reason: Minor edit

• replied
    This file is showing to be corrupted

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice to know about the update

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Zak !!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, this thread is old but I figured I would give it a try I wanted to know how I could add a length setting to the blueprint so that after it reaches a certain length instead of stretching it would create a new mesh.along the spline. like in this example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKIiWa19EMI

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used a sample spline blueprint,not powerful like Zak's. but it's work. I watched Zak's Video. powerful but so many var I cant finish it right now. I have a problem: How to fix spline mesh filp.?
    In Zak's video just talk about fix textrender filp fix..
    I will show a picture of my problem:
    straight line : work
    turn big angle: mesh flip down

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    we all make mistakes & it's usually the little ones that get us most of the time

thank you! ..and glad to be of some help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ayretek View Post
    shouldn't your 'Road Data Array' look something like this:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...rGuide/Arrays/

maybe make it an array
    yeah that's correct, you are a life saver
    and I am a noob ;D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    shouldn't your 'Road Data Array' look something like this:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...rGuide/Arrays/

maybe make it an array

Leave a comment:

• replied
    curious

I get this problem
    in 44:00 minute of the video in ue 4.14

do you know how can I do this correctly?

thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am unable to merge files in unreal engine 4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, thanks for your answer. Still not sure why I can't get the collisions to toggle correctly.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mrfusiontm View Post
    But I noticed something different between what I ended up with and what was in the demo. The "SET" node has an extra output dot on the right that I did not see in the demo version. Could this be throwing off my collisions?
    No, I think an output connection has been recently added to the Set node to avoid visually complicating blueprints. For example what if you set a variable then immediately want to use its value next? You'd have to have a Get immediately after the set. With the new output connection this isn't the case.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm following along with this using Unreal 4.9.2 and I get to about the 53 minute mark and you're suppose to go into the spline details and change "mobility" to static.
    That option no longer appears in that detail list. Where would I make that change?

[update] I've skipped over that part for now and went on to changing the geom to be "Use Complex Collision as Simple" and the vehicle still won't collide with the ground. I think Maybe skipping the "mobility" step may be the cause of this...

[update 2] I was finally able to get the collisions to work, but I had to select the "Add Spline Mesh Component" in the "Build Track Element" section and set the collisions on that to "Block all". Once I got the vehicle riding on the road,
    I went on to the "Set Collisions" section (around the 57 minute mark) After setting that up, it didn't appear to toggle the collisions. That brought me back to something that happened earlier in the setup.
    Setting up the section "Used Stored Data to Build Track Element" , we started by dropping an "Add Spline Mesh Component" and then making a new Variable "Local_CurrentSplineMesh" and setting that to the return value of the "Add Spline Mesh Component"
    (which I did)

But I noticed something different between what I ended up with and what was in the demo. The "SET" node has an extra output dot on the right that I did not see in the demo version. Could this be throwing off my collisions?
    Last edited by mrfusiontm; 10-19-2015, 06:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool thank you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X