Originally posted by LoN View Post
    I lost this video, where can i find it?
    http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/594984384

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I lost this video, where can i find it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mieszko, thank you very much for answer to my questions, i'm happy !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dear Alexander and Mieszko,

Hi Alexander!

Thank you Mieszko for the answer to my question!

Rama
    Last edited by Rama; 12-02-2014, 08:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks everybody for your questions. We had a great time and are looking forward to having Mieszko do another Twitch Stream to get to everyone's questions. See you next time!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the stream guys. Great fun watching Mieszko try and parse what people mean

Look forward to more!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Question: is it possible to move the nav volume at runtime ? for example inside a flying spaceship
    Last edited by Xces; 12-02-2014, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey everybody, thanks for your fantastic questions! We've compiled them up for the stream (which starts in an hour), come up with some answers and we'll have Mieszko address as many as possible.

Please keep the questions coming during the stream as well! See you there!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Question:

Whats the best practice for generating navmesh in a large world. Is it possible to generate multiple navmesh sets with separate volumes and only talk to the navset you are in for things such as A*?

Thanks!
    Devero

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another question: If you had an unlimited amount of time and money, what sort of features would you add first to UE for AI?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [Questions]

1. Is there any way to get the pathing system to ignore Z-difference when pathing to the next Immediate Move Destination. Sometimes agents step above and over a link in the path and this causes jitter (turning a corner that's higher and sloped, for example) because he jumps over the move destination and then tries to go back over it.

2. Do you have best practices for getting a character to only move forward in the direction he is facing while using navmesh pathing? I've tried "Orient Rotation to Movement" and such, but that just makes him turn in the direction he's facing, rather than slow his forward movement down while he's turning. I basically would like to keep him only moving straight ahead, while also only pathing on the navmesh (which would require the path to constantly update I'm sure).

3. Rama has done some work making agents dynamically path and jump in Unreal (hi Rama). Do you have any suggestions on what C++ classes and such we should look into to extend the navigation system like Rama has? I assume it's the PathFollowingComponent and NavigationComponent as he stated in his question above, but... yes I would also like to know if this stuff is being rewritten.

4. As mentioned here, do you have any information on prioritizing navmesh generation at runtime? I currently have agents waiting to move when the game starts because our (world) mesh (and subsequently the navmesh) is being generated at runtime.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still Component Based?

A while back I was told on github that the AI system was being revamped to use BP components and a more component based approach.

I've been hesitant to do a lot of AI coding because I am worried that Epic is making a big internal shift that would force me to rewwrite a lot of code.

What is the status of this shift?

Is it still going on?

In other words, will PathFollowingComponent and NavigationComponent still be around for a long time, so I can code with them comfortably?

Thanks!

Rama

PS: I say hi in advance to Mieszko on the stream!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Brainshack View Post
    [Question(s)]

1. Are there any implementations of steering behaviours in UE4, to handle navigation of big groups of agents. Also, what would be the best approach to design AI for big groups of Agents in UE4?
    I second this. large numbers of agents are essential for most RTS games now. Having even 100 guys running around has them rubbing against each other even with the Detour system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [Question]

Does it require a special system to create AI for an open world game where pedestrians walk on the curb and cars follow the traffic laws? Or can this be done using just the systems available that would normally be used for regular AI. And how efficient would something like this be when it's fully made with Blueprint, or if it's made in C++ but expanded with Blueprint? For me, it doesn't necessarily need to be incredibly realistic, but a system where cars follow the basic rules and pedestrians don't walk on the road would be enough.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X