No announcement yet.

[Twitch] Networking, and Game Jam Theme Announce! - Nov 13, 2014 @ 2PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may put it on the pawn but for me it s weird to set the other teammates health on a pawn that already manage its own health. I would better use playerstate or controller just to avoid confusion when reading the code.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvince View Post
      I may put it on the pawn but for me it s weird to set the other teammates health on a pawn that already manage its own health. I would better use playerstate or controller just to avoid confusion when reading the code.
      You can store this on the player state as well, they are owned by the correct connection, so COND_OnlyOwner applies there as well.

Comment

will the sample shown on twitch be out ? i am still waiting for it ? please share the download link here

Comment

[Question]
          What is the simplest way to network a Physics-Controlled Pawn via Multiplayer? Should I be using Physics Forces, or manipulating Velocity & Angular Velocity directly? Is replicating the object's movement enough, or will I need client-side prediction too?

[Question]
          What sort of objects should and should not be networked, e.g, camera's, spring arms, etc.

[Question]
          How long until we can expect to see some start-to-finish networking tutorials, such as for a simple game or actor component that we want to replicate?

Thanks!

Comment

I am also curious as to when the sample will be released. I understand the new OSS nodes and have gotten those working correctly though I am more interested in the Game Instance class and how that is set up in the demo. I've tried to replicate as much as I could but some things just don't show on the client. I am no good at C++ so trying to figure out how Shooter Game does it hasn't given me much help either. Any information would be greatly appreciated by myself and many others stuck in the same boat.

Comment

Working...
            X