[Twitch] UE4 Rendering - Apr. 9, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Not sure if you guys still reading it, but I found rather intersting paper on Octree LPV. Pure accident I was actually looking for paper on Sparse LPV. I thought there are Sparse Shadow Maps, so why not Sparse LPV ?

http://scivis.itn.liu.se/sigrad2013/...on_Volumes.pdf

It is an interesting alternative to cascade based approach, and allow for many point lights to contribute to diffuse GI, without performance loss over only single Directional Light source.
    Hope you find it useful!

edit:
    http://www.jiddo.net/index.php/proje...sis-octree-lpv
    There is also implementation.
    Last edited by iniside; 04-11-2014, 07:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It was indeed very good, you guys answered loads of my questions too, thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That was a very informative stream. Thanks for answering my questions! I'm looking forward to the next one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That was a nice show! Thanks for all the information you guys shared with us.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very enjoyable video! I love the loose nature of the talk which allows the speakers to meander. Looking forward to more

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Btw: really looking forward to that cave demo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice talk!

Would also enjoy a longer talk. Seemed like you guys were a bit surprised ending the talk at that point ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome, thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
    Although I find the one hour limitation a pity! I hope it'll not be present for every talk in the future.
    Generally we try to go closer to two hours. Today we were crunched for time. You can count on a longer stream next time!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
    Again a really interesting talk! Although I find the one hour limitation a pity! I hope it'll not be present for every talk in the future.
    It was fun for us too but I suppose we have to get back to writing code at some point

I hope it was informative for everybody out there. I'm sure we'll do it again in the future!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Again a really interesting talk! Although I find the one hour limitation a pity! I hope it'll not be present for every talk in the future.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everyone, thanks to all who were able to make it!

Twitch automatically archives the stream and you can view it here now. We'll also post it to YouTube.com/UnrealEngine in this playlist most likely by Friday.

Two pieces of news, in case you missed it:
    - Fortnite is the next Game Informer cover story. You can expect some Fortnite dev streams! We invite everyone to sign up for the alpha.
    - By this time tomorrow, all active UE4 subscribers will be able to download the Effects Cave showcase for free from Marketplace.

Follow up rendering notes from Martin M:

---
    DBuffer:

To use the feature enabled put this into consolevariables.ini and [re]start the engine (or [SystemSettings] in your project ini):

r.EarlyZPassMovable=1
    r.EarlyZPass=2
    r.DBuffer=1

You need to change the material to use one of the DBuffer DecalBlendModes (open the details on the final block).
    If you want some materials to not receive DBuffer decals you can specify that in the DecalResponse (same location).

Documentation is upcoming.
    ---
    ---
    LightPropagationVolumes (LPV):

To get the an early peek at the feature enabled put this into consolevariables.ini and [re]start the engine:

r.LightPropagationVolume = 1

At the moment this console variable cannot be changed at runtime.

Initial scene setup:
    Add/Change the directional light to be “Movable”
    Add/Adjust geometry and the light direction to give you some shadowed parts and some parts that receive the light (ideally bright colored materials).
    Make sure you don’t have any Lightmass GI enabled to be confused as dynamic GI (both techniques together would result in too bright indirect lighting).
    Enable “Affect Dynamic Indirect Lighting” on the light source

Documentation is on the way.
    ---
    Thanks again for all your questions and feedback. Keep watching the Announcements section for details on our next stream.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I missed the first half of the stream. Is there an ETA on posting the stream up for those that missed it? Thanks!

Edit: Twitch.tv newbie. It's already up under "Previous Broadcasts": http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/518420018
    Last edited by DanYouhon; 04-09-2014, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It was short but very informative. Thanks Nick, Martin and the rest of Epic! Can't wait for the next stream.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VR rendering

little late with this question,

Got into a discussion last week with some rendering guys about how VR is forcing post fx algorithms and other algorithms to be implemented differently, since they assumed 2d projection. How are you guys handling this? will their be tools or perhaps material editor things to help tackle this?
    Last edited by joessu; 04-09-2014, 02:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X