Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOVEMBER GAME JAM: Win Subscription Time! Theme Announced on Thursday's Twitch Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep working on it gizmosan, it's a great learning experience & it looks really good. By the way, I know what you mean by time issues. lol

If dropping a stone doesn't make sense for a regular game you would like to play normally, try to still use the concept. Just from the way it looks, I'd say it'd make a great strategy game.

I hate using event ticks but sometimes you have to, try what fighter mentioned and tick it if you have to, for smooth movement. Ideally do events when you can to do what figher mentioned.

None the less, keep up the good work, I wouldn't totally scrap this idea. good luck

Comment

I wrote a blog post about the experiences I had in this jam and recorded a gameplay video for my entry:

And yes, I'm also among the people who packaged all the starter content with their game, bringing the file size up.
      Didn't think of it when I panicly packaged it during the last jam hour, sorry about that.

Comment

I don't know what that was, but I LIKED IT ! lol

thanks for sharing, BlayTheNinth & the blog post was very enlightening and with all those words flashing around I felt like I really learned something too.

ps: I tried deleting the starter content & it had references inside it, even to stuff I'm not using, so had to leave it for now. again... amazing video & game
        note: successfully deleted content folder, had to delete effects folder at the same time, so the references wouldn't show up, pay attention to references to track them down & if not in use just delete all at once.
        Last edited by ayretek; 11-27-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Excellent work everyone! We've had a blast with playing them around the office
          Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Hello,

It was really fun participating on the game jam, when will we receive the code redeemable for the 30 day subscription?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by maortega View Post
              Hello,

It was really fun participating on the game jam, when will we receive the code redeemable for the 30 day subscription?

Thank you very much.
              I think they have already added the 30 days to your account

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
                I think they have already added the 30 days to your account
                I just got a email about money being taken from my account to pay for unreal so that is not correct.
                Last edited by Kuro1n; 11-24-2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maortega View Post
                  Hello,

Thank you very much.
                  Hey everyone - sending subscription codes out today!
                  Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                    Hey everyone - sending subscription codes out today!
                    Cool, thanks!

Just wondering as well, when will the t-shirts be sent out and will we have to write down shipping details or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuro1n View Post
                      Cool, thanks!

Just wondering as well, when will the t-shirts be sent out and will we have to write down shipping details or something?
                      I'll be reaching out to all the teams for that info as soon as theyre ready to head out
                      Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Thanks again to everyone who participated! We're looking forward to the next one!
                        Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                        Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Thank you guys for hosting the event!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuro1n View Post
                            Team Name:
                            The random dudes [...].

List of Team Members:
                            Dissonanceint - Sebastian Villarroel (Technical artist)
                            Kuro1n - Maximilian Mellhage - (Artist)
                            skylerWithAnE - Skyler Evans - (The magic guy (Programmer))
                            ReckLess - Ron Seaman (Artist)

Name of submission:
                            Rock paper bird!
                            Impressive visual guys! Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                            X