Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOVEMBER GAME JAM: Win Subscription Time! Theme Announced on Thursday's Twitch Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There sure are some amazing looking games here this month! Great job, everyone who participated!
    Broad Strokes | Jan Kaluza | Marketplace Release: 'Over 9000 Swords' Modular Melee Weapon System
    Currently not available for freelance work
    Dev Blog & Tutorials | Twitter

Comment

Wow, you guys are fast! I can't wait to play all of the entries!
      Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
      Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by SkullyFM View Post
        That's indeed one of the issue I'm having too... I can only test a couple of the entries since I'm on Mac. Hopefully the HTML5/WebGL export feature will help in the future
        I cannot make MAC version, but here's game play of our submission. That's all I can do now.

Hope you like it!

In the meantime we'll try to run this on MAC.
        UE4 blog: www.michalorzelek.com/blog/ - Tutorials, free content and more!

Comment

omg... I think pigeons really try to do that... Never Look Up, Man, Never Look Up!

nice video by the way, looks great.

& speaking of **** (reference to the birds Not your game btw), I wanted to upload a more playable version of my game, in case anyone wanted to check it out. (didn't get to Test it and discovered the Timelines didn't work the same as in the Editor so cleaned them up where they should work now)

latest (706mb zip): https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...XV3LVZ4ZHdXbDg

(.exe file location: TurkeyGame/WindowsNoEditor/TurkeyDay/Binaries/Win32/ )
          Last edited by ayretek; 11-20-2014, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I think it would be great if people put up only the needed contents for their games, personally I have no problems to DL a gig per game or something but I know some people have lesser connections and I am sure most games here could be reduced to ~50-100MB downloads. It is sad if people won't download and try your games just because it takes too much of a toll on their connections. :/

Comment

I know, right.

This being completely knew to me, and I was rushing against the deadline. I was using only the Editor to create & package the game with and game totally uses BluePrints. But information about unreal engine 4 is so spread out and time consuming to find & then it's either old outdated, needs fixes, and/or just doesn't work. And still don't understand why my Timelines ran differently in the game when they ran fine in the Editor.

I messed around with another engine probably 10 or more years ago and it cleaned all unused assets out before packaging, I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong or not. Manually removing all the starter content & other assets is a monstrous chore, the engine retains references, some that I don't think even exists.

But yeah, I totally agree.
              I also had issues with trying to run my game on an older computer with Vista, not sure if it was the OS or the older graphics card, although UE4 is supposed to run on older setups. It was missing dll's and I had to give up after trying to update it.
              Last edited by ayretek; 11-18-2014, 08:10 AM.

Comment

If you start without the starter content and make sure to rar it instead of zip then you can get the size down rather well.

Comment

thx, I might try that

main reason I used & use zip file format is because it's on my Windows 7 computer & most people have zip, where I'm not sure but doesn't rar/rare needs another program?

Comment

Originally posted by ayretek View Post
                    thx, I might try that

main reason I used & use zip file format is because it's on my Windows 7 computer & most people have zip, where I'm not sure but doesn't rar/rare needs another program?
                    Yeah but most people have something like winrar or 7-zip.

Comment

Originally posted by m.orzelek View Post
                      I cannot make MAC version, but here's game play of our submission. That's all I can do now.
                      Thanks a lot for the video. Really kind of you

Comment

Here's a video for the differently abled (Mac users)

Comment

Some great games here guys sadly, I ran out of time, I could not learn blueprint quick enough had lots of issues. I'm going to keep working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmosan View Post
                            Some great games here guys sadly, I ran out of time, I could not learn blueprint quick enough had lots of issues. I'm going to keep working on it.
                            Looks interesting. What exactly is the game about?

Comment

it a 2 player game, where the stone would drop, and as the birds would move over their colored cube, these pillars would rise and push the stone to the goal. kind of like Foosball I just couldn't get the bird to move left and right, even when I made it a actor or pawn

Comment

Nice idea Make sure to post a download link when it is finished.

For the movement -> you could do it with a move to actor/location node. Everytime when the player presses A he adds 100 to the x axis and when you press D he removes 100 from x.

Comment

Working...
                                X