[Twitch] 4.6 Roadmap - Oct. 23, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fosforestudios View Post
    So, Epic, please stop adding new features like crazy. For 4.6 improve all the great things you have. Put a bit more love on indies (We are not creating AAA titles and we are a lot )and try to make the engine a bit more accesible. By the way I love UE4!
    Veto!.

Please add more features and do not slow down.
    https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
      Veto!.

Stability, stability, stability. Without it, this engine is simply a toy, not a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by smallB View Post
        Stability, stability, stability. Without it, this engine is simply a toy, not a tool.
        The point I don't have much problems with stability.
        https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

I think it's rather stable. I have no problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
            Veto!.

Agreed, love seeing all the new features coming out with new releases.

As Sitrec and inside have said aswell, no stability issues here. 4.5 Preview was a bit crash happy. But not a single crash (That wasnt self inflicted) since using 4.5
            FluidSurface Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/UnrealEngine/releases
            TextureMovie Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/TextureMoviePlugin

Comment

Originally posted by fosforestudios View Post
              I have some more additions to wish list, and they are no new features as everyone seems to like:

3- There's a lot of things to improve to make ue4 more accesible to newcomers / switchers. Documentation is not bad but could be improved a lot. For example, it is ridiculous that there's no clear explanation of the realtionship between Player Controller, Pawn/Character and the cameras. I had to spend 2 days reading forums, official doc, experimenting, etc... to notice what was happening under the hood. And still having some problems with the camera manager when it should be used, etc.... This is a really basic thing all developers will have to handle at some point. For me, official doc was written for someone that knew how to use ue4.

5- Make videos to build example games step by step. Explaining why things are done the way they are. This will be a really valuable informations to new people and experienced ones.

6-try to make the engine a bit more accesible. By the way I love UE4!

Cheers.
              I agree with it BUT So, Epic, please DON'T stop adding new features like crazy ^^ Make it friendly users.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehamloptiran View Post
                Agreed, love seeing all the new features coming out with new releases.

As Sitrec and inside have said aswell, no stability issues here. 4.5 Preview was a bit crash happy. But not a single crash (That wasnt self inflicted) since using 4.5
                Stability doesn't just mean that soft doesn't crash, you know.
                Stability of UI, stability of performance, stability of dev interface that is source code and many, many others.

Comment

I'd like to know about UMG improvements in 4.6!

My project is currently largely blocked as we need a way of rendering UMG GUIs onto 3D planes in world. Forum comment suggests it's in 4.6, would like confirmation https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...434#post159434

Other than that, would love to see more/better VR integration, specially around VR loading screens (and even better support for loading screens in general)!

Comment

Stability doesn't just mean that soft doesn't crash, you know.
                    Stability of UI, stability of performance, stability of dev interface that is source code and many, many others.
                    Could you describe what you experience being unstable (except for crashes), making this a "toy" and warranting Epic should stop focusing on features in place of fixing this "stability" issues you claim. Might help them improving stuff. Since you're not having issues with the most obvious stability problems, you really need to be more specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
                      Could you describe what you experience being unstable (except for crashes), making this a "toy" and warranting Epic should stop focusing on features in place of fixing this "stability" issues you claim. Might help them improving stuff. Since you're not having issues with the most obvious stability problems, you really need to be more specific.
                      I have to agree with Sitrec on this one. Obviously smallB your definition of stability is different to mine, as I find the editor and ingame (not considering crashes) to be stable, performance wise, UI wise, development wise (Then again for development I usually end up rewriting or extending where I need to support features that have not been developed by Epic yet)
                      FluidSurface Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/UnrealEngine/releases
                      TextureMovie Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/TextureMoviePlugin

Comment

Originally posted by Ehamloptiran View Post
                        I have to agree with Sitrec on this one. Obviously smallB your definition of stability is different to mine, as I find the editor and ingame (not considering crashes) to be stable, performance wise, UI wise, development wise (Then again for development I usually end up rewriting or extending where I need to support features that have not been developed by Epic yet)
                        Changes in UMG, classes removed or replaced in source code, changes editor menus, now Rama reports drastic drop in FPS in 4.5, what else do you need? How is it that you are not seeing this unstable? Seriously.
                        Last edited by smallB; 10-21-2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I would like to see rendering on a different depth layer, so weapon clipping(in FPS mode) can be fixed. Unless somebody has an other good solution for this??
                          Lets Measure It
                          Blueprints to measure distances, area's, circumferences and routes/paths. Check out the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ets-measure-it

Comment

Changes in UMG, classes removed or replaced in source code, changes editor menus, now Rama reports drastic drop in FPS in 4.5, what else do you need? How is it that you are not seeing this unstable? Seriously.
                            So improving an existing (and up until that point, unfinished) tool, removing deprecated code and improving UX are all signs of instability? FPS drops from navmesh generation is fair enough but I'm not sure what you're getting at with the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by sswires View Post
                              So improving an existing (and up until that point, unfinished) tool, removing deprecated code and improving UX are all signs of instability? FPS drops from navmesh generation is fair enough but I'm not sure what you're getting at with the rest.
                              Yes, they all are signs of instability. That's why I've mentioned that. And I know that you're not sure what I'm getting at.

Comment

What time have a separate lens flare editor, like UDK, because some effect particle editor I must realize and after its volume can not meet.

Comment

Working...
                                X