Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Twitch] 4.6 Roadmap - Oct. 23, 2014

WHAT
    Mike Fricker and Ray Davis join us to talk about where we are heading for 4.6!

WHEN
    Thursday, Oct. 23th @ 2PM ET - [Countdown]

WHERE
    www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
    Chance Ivey - Community Manager
    Mike Fricker - Technical Director
    Ray Davis - GM Unreal Engine

Drop your questions here and we'll try to answer them on the stream!

Chance

EDIT: YouTube archive is up here
    Last edited by Ivey; 10-27-2014, 12:31 PM.
    Let's Connect [Twitter]

I would like to know if there will be a revamp of the 2d tools. I would like to see as I have stated in other posts a way to create for example cut-out animations inside the editor (unity has this for example). On the other hand a 2d mode would come handy too. We are mainly a 2d team so, this is why we are asking for this things .

Cheers.

Comment

Earlier there were talk about Foliage lighting improvements, especially people have asked for a Foliage lighting model that removes the problem with dark backfaces and possibly improve performance compared to the hacky alternatives there are right now.
      Please tell us that it's in the works for 4.6, then you will get rid of me and my whining.

Also, any news on the foliage mode interface being worked on?

Comment

i have 2 questions

1. will the engine be continuously optimized in terms of hardware load (it recently killed a friends brand new fairly high end graphics card) or is this not a concern and it will become more and more heavyweight?

2. with recent community breakthroughs in procedural mesh and sound generation, are there any plans to further support these 2 areas?

thanks
        tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
        Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
        PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

What about blended root-motion?
          Realtime Database Firebase | Ultimate Mobile Kit Firebase | Extended Facebook | Universal Mobile Ads | Google Analytics

Comment

Will 4.6 bring hair shader improvements already?
            ArtStation

Comment

What is the status of Plugins in the Marketplace? Are there any changes planned for 4.6 to move this forward?

Comment

Originally posted by gameDNA studio View Post
                What about blended root-motion?
                Second this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
                  Earlier there were talk about Foliage lighting improvements, especially people have asked for a Foliage lighting model that removes the problem with dark backfaces and possibly improve performance compared to the hacky alternatives there are right now.
                  Please tell us that it's in the works for 4.6, then you will get rid of me and my whining.

Also, any news on the foliage mode interface being worked on?
                  I would so love to finally have custom lighting model for foliage , that is the main feature i am waiting for , i wonder how many updates it is gonna take to bring it .

Comment

Will 4.6 support PhysX 3.3.2 | APEX 1.3.2?
                    ArtStation

Comment

Questions from my wishlist. Can we expect any improvements and/or iterations on the following:

- A version of Matt Mittrings' Forward Shading material node (mentioned in this weeks stream).
                      - An experimental version of Niagra and/or Sequencer.
                      - C++ Code / Plug-in support on UE4 marketplace.
                      - Any additional shader models such as Foliage, Hair, or Screen-Space Subsurface Scattering with Light passing through from backfaces?
                      - Any word on Lit Translucency with Specular Reflections, or Planar Reflections?
                      Last edited by TheJamsh; 10-18-2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Hello everybody ,

At this rate, I guess Unreal Engine 5 is coming soon ? What is the vision of developers ?
                        Do you have a look on the future of Unreal Engine, Maybe can you tell us more about big feature will coming soon ?
                        Please, tell us something that will make us dream

Thank
                        Have a good day

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisTm View Post
                          Hello everybody ,

At this rate, I guess Unreal Engine 5 is coming soon ? What is the vision of developers ?
                          Do you have a look on the future of Unreal Engine, Maybe can you tell us more about big feature will coming soon ?
                          Please, tell us something that will make us dream

Thank
                          Have a good day
                          Versioning doesn't work this way.

Dam it was so many times on forums .
                          https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Hi,

Do you plan to update FBX SDK to a new version 2015.1?

Thank you,
                            Keep on rocking!

Comment

Oh wow, this is going to be awesome! Pretty awesome that you guys show us your roadmaps, and everything. Very transparent

Comment

Working...
                              X