Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCTOBER GAME JAM: Win Subscription Time! Theme Announced on Thursday's Twitch Stream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, because of a rather persistent bug regarding packaging the game, no one else can play my game. However, I'm going with the next best thing and putting up a Youtube video running through it. Was fun, learned a lot, and shot a lot of zombies.

So the game is simple, shoot zombies in the head and don't die, shoot more zombies in the head. I built 4 different weapons, and a few power ups, although I don't think I use the pistol in this video. The weapons are all a bit strong in this version too, but that's a 3 day deadline for you. It was fun, and the end result turned out alright, if a bit goofy. Oh and just a heads up, the gun I use at the beginning is pretty loud.

Last edited by Daelus; 10-27-2014, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daelus View Post
      Well, because of a rather persistent bug regarding packaging the game, no one else can play my game. However, I'm going with the next best thing and putting up a Youtube video running through it. Was fun, learned a lot, and shot a lot of zombies.

(Youtube link to be posted once Australian internet can finish processing a 7 minute video, aka in a few days, months, or years)

Sorry bout the packaging issue, any luck getting it sorted out?
      UE4 Development [VR & AR Forums | VR | AR | Magic Leap]
      Make and Maintain Framerate [ Robo Recall Postmortem]
      Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
        Sorry bout the packaging issue, any luck getting it sorted out?
        Nah, I've been fighting it for a few hours now, and once this video uploads I'm going to get some sleep. I'll see if I can get it sorted on answerhub when I wake up. According to people with a similar message it was something to do with the editor being compiled in the wrong mode, even though it was all blueprints for this project.

Comment

Just building the lights one more time and then I have to make the EXE! I'll edit this with the download soon!

Ok it's uploading and taking FOREVER but it will post link when done!

Edit - Dammit my upload failed over night. Trying again.
          Last edited by AshesBurnBlack; 10-27-2014, 12:50 PM.
          @FMJgames on twitter, I follow back devs!
          FMJgames.com IndieDevlog

Comment

i couldn't finish my entry :-( . I'll post it when i'll have to have your advices. Good luck to all who submitted one ^^

Comment

My group went a bit more literal with the bump in the night. Navigate your bumper car through this very poorly planned out carnival in the middle of the forest. But night is rapidly approaching, and soon what is a fairly mundane drive becomes quite treacherous. How well do your laps stack up?

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/304oewz5sq...meJam.zip?dl=0

Fake Edit: Ok, apparently there is a known issue with materials that aren't packaging correctly. Spent way too long trying to get that fixed before figuring that out. Here's the download link anyway, I'll update it if we get it fixed, but our apologies for the non-textured items.
              Last edited by mvrck; 10-27-2014, 02:38 AM.

Comment

I'm actually part of mvrck's team and can confirm we had a last minute packing issue hit us with SpeedTree materials Seems to be a known issue out there on the internet, so hopefully everyone understands why our trees are gray in the stand alone build and what we were going for!

Comment

good Job @ all

Comment

Very cool; I am so excited to see all videos, I can not download all game.
                    Very good job at all
                    Thank you

Comment

Ha ha ha so funny I was doing a Bumper car too! smaller ride though unfortunately real work got in the way as much as me getting lost down the rabbit hole learning some more stuff about the engined. Ended up being super useful though so hopefully I'll finish next jam

Comment

Well, I wasn't able to finish the game, and what I got until the deadline wasn't playable at all, but over the weekend I learned a lot. I'm ready for the next JAM!

The idea of my game is that you are in a nightmare and there are some pumpkins floating in the air, you only have stones to throw (left mouse click, the longer you maintain the left mouse button pressed the farther the stone will go) you have to destroy all pumpkins, once you finish with them something else should happen... (that's still under development and I can't say what happens next, I'll try to finish the game over the week), in the meantime here is a video and the link to download it (for mac) if you want to try it (it's not easy to destroy the pumpkins though).

Download for MAC from DropBox

I tested the game in some mac book pro laptops and it was very slow, so I tried to optimise the packaging by disabling some features and export it with the "mobile" settings.

I know I don't qualify for the contest, I'm just sharing it for the fun of it since I'm learning a lot!

Comment

Just building the lights one more time and then I have to make the EXE! I'll edit this with the download soon!

Ok it's uploading and taking FOREVER but it will post link when done!

Edit - Dammit my upload failed over night. Trying again.

FINALLY UPLOADED! And now I'm late for work xD

Somebody test this, hope it works! (I tested it at work! Works!)

https://drive.google.com/?urp=https:...E52YTRsMjRqNDg

WADS - to move
                          Space - to Jump
                          mouse - to look
                          U - to Headbang!

works with a xbox controller too!
                          Joysticks - move and look
                          A - Jump
                          Y - Headbang

This game is about smashing pumpkins while being metal!
                          Last edited by AshesBurnBlack; 10-27-2014, 06:00 PM.
                          @FMJgames on twitter, I follow back devs!
                          FMJgames.com IndieDevlog

Comment

Some great ideas here Perhaps too much push on the Pumpkin haha?

Didn't have time to take part but hopefully I'll be able to do the next one. Looks like everyone had a good time!

Comment

Geez, I still can't build lighting and package the game due to some weird error, so, I guess I'm out =/

But this is still was a great experience and fun as hell!
                              Here some screenshots and game info
                              Basically you're find yourself in a white ~empty desert at night as a big white jelly in a group of colorful jellies.
                              You will realize soon that your jelly is getting smaller each few seconds with beautiful "bloop" sound and the only thing you can do - move forward(and slowly turn your jelly)
                              In order to survive you have to eat your colorful friends, which have unique movement abilities. For example red can move in any direction, green can jump vertical and blue can move itself reeaally fast. Also there is giant agressive orange jellies that will jump out from nowhere and eat you piece by piece!
                              With each bite you change your white color according to your ration + getting bigger + have a chance to learn new movement ability. Big size allow you to eat giant agressive jellies and new abilities allow to escape from them or reach new locations.
                              As a "goal" you always see giant "light beacon" and if you lost and don't know what to do - just try to reach it. Of course it's super unfinished - my first game jam!

Actually I like how this game turns out and I will continue to develop it, I want to make movement-based eat-your-friend-or-die roguelike game!
                              P.S: About building problem https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-anything.html

SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                              Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Lots of awesome submissions! We've got em all pulled down, and will be playing ALL THE GAMES in the next few days. Make sure to check out this week's twitch (announce coming soon) to see the winner's announced!

Chance
                                UE4 Development [VR & AR Forums | VR | AR | Magic Leap]
                                Make and Maintain Framerate [ Robo Recall Postmortem]
                                Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Working...
                                X