Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCTOBER GAME JAM: Win Subscription Time! Theme Announced on Thursday's Twitch Stream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
    Gamejams are great for fun and also coming up with ideas on the fly. Might just take part on my own
    Didn't Eclipse spin out of a game jam project?
    UE4 Development [VR & AR Forums | VR | AR | Magic Leap]
    Make and Maintain Framerate [ Robo Recall Postmortem]
    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Fen View Post
      Question : Will the theme be announced in this thread too ? (i am sure that i'll not can see the thursday's stream but i'll can do a quick forum check to see the theme.
      Yep! This thread will have all the info after the announce!
      Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Ill participate in this, maybe with a friend.
        UDK and UE4 programmer and Unreal engine 4 betatester. Currently working on commercial VR games for PSVR.
        Deep knowlegde of C++ and blueprints. Open to freelance work.
        Games released, Deathwave(Steam), VRMultigames(Steam), DWVR(Steam,Oculus,PSVR):
        http://store.steampowered.com/app/463870
        http://store.steampowered.com/app/500360
        http://store.steampowered.com/app/520750

Comment

Great idea , this will be my first game jam
          Website [ LINK ]
          Twitter [ LINK ]
          Support ! [ LINK ]

Comment

That's an awesome idea! I'll definitely participate, though I don't know how much time I will be able to put into it yet.

I agree that the prize of $20 per person is a bit silly comming from one of the largest game dev companies.
            Even small Indie studios offered much larger prize pools...
            So my suggestion would be to either drop the prize LudumDare style, or change it to something reasonable and usefull for everyone like market place credit.

I don't think the prize pool should be too large though, since that tends to attract studios that just grab the cash without truly "participating".
            Still, there is a lot of room between $20 and where that starts to become a problem!

Either way, for me the twitch+blog post mention are more than enough motivation, I probably would participate without any rewards offered to winners.

PS: There used to be swag bag giveaways for asking twitch questions... why not for the winners of this gamejam?

Comment

Sounds like fuuuuuuuun!
              SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
              Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

I'm totally going to participate. I really hope there are more game jams in the future. Awesome news.
                Youtube
                Machine Learning C++ Plugin
                Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                  Didn't Eclipse spin out of a game jam project?
                  Sure did! (Crafty Link Post :P)

Comment

Wish I had the time for it. But StoneRage has my 100% attention, haha.

Comment

I might take a shot. Though I have 0 artistic skill xD
                      Twitter: @InfectedFPS
                      Twitch: InfectedFPS (Occasionally stream some work)

Comment

Chance - any chance the rules can be amended to allow Mac game submissions also? I understand why letting mobile games in might be a huge headache, but this just strikes me as odd given that you have a Mac Editor, but it can't generate Windows executables. Since you've usually got at least one Mac on screen during the Twitch sessions, it seems like you could find a way to judge Mac entries as well.

Comment

@jeff_lamarche. Yes, absolutely! I have a machine I can run them on. The choice for Windows was made due to available hardware around. I'll update the rules, Good call!
                          Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

It's unfortunately my birthday this weekend so I plan on being incredibly intoxicated.
                            That said, good luck to all participants! I look forward to all the cool stuff you guys make

Comment

Bump in the Night!? Ok this sounds fun actually... I'm in! What a challenge! What is that like 3 days? Well I'm not gonna lie I'm using some pre-existing skeletal assets (Character models) but I will also be making new level props to go with the Halloween theme! Hope that's cool because I'm doing it anyways! Not for 1 month but for that sweet taste of victory! xD
                              @FMJgames on twitter, I follow back devs!
                              FMJgames.com IndieDevlog

Comment

Bump in the Night!? Ok this sounds fun actually... I'm in! What a challenge! What is that like 3 days? Well I'm not gonna lie I'm using some pre-existing skeletal assets (Character models) but I will also be making new level props to go with the Halloween theme! Hope that's cool because I'm doing it anyways! Not for 1 month but for that sweet taste of victory! xD
                                @FMJgames on twitter, I follow back devs!
                                FMJgames.com IndieDevlog

Comment

Working...
                                X