Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Twitch] Support Livestream - VFX - Oct. 7, 2014

Hey y'all!

We are excited to roll out a new Twitch segment focused directly on learning and support of specific topics at a deeper level. The plan is to give a 30-minute deep dive into a topic by a team of subject matter experts, followed by 30 minutes of Q&A. After the stream, we plan to have the archive up with time-stamped questions paired with summarized answers in order to make the information more navigable.

For now, we are aiming to stream a new support session every two weeks on TUESDAYS AT 2PM ET if the format succeeds, meaning the next support stream will take place on October 21st - mark your calendars. Come learn something!

WHAT
    PARTICLES / VFX Deep Dive

WHEN
    Tuesday, October 7th @ 2PM ET - [Countdown]

WHERE
    www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

WHO
    Chance Ivey - Community Manager
    Alan Noon - Technical Artist
    Olaf Piesche - Sr. Effects Programmer

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember: While we try to give attention to all inquiries, it's not always possible to answer everyone's questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it's rather likely that we don't have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Chance

EDIT: The YouTube archive is available here
    Last edited by Ivey; 10-13-2014, 07:38 PM.
    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Great idea!

Comment

Amazing idea and very welcome!
      http://www.krop.com/jonathanpriceart/

Comment

This will be a great addition! Hopefully things go smoothly and the format and time works out.

Comment

I have question about Niagara .

How will Niagara integrate into blueprints. Will there be easier way to modify particle at runtime trough blueprint than it is now. For example not all parameters can be exposed, and you still have to type names of exposed parameters.
          https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

So happy to read this!

Comment

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Happy to hear this.

Thanks EPIC!

Comment

Sounds great (And I hope it sounds great - pun intended)

Thanks!!

Comment

Another great initiative! I'm looking forward to Tuesday!
                    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Wonderful idea, and what a great topic to kick off with!

Comment

This is an excellent idea! Thank you! I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

particle flow question

I actually have a particle issue I cannot solve, so perhaps you might suggest something.

I've made a prototype of an interior blood vessel (you can see a vid here).

There isn't a way I know of to make the red blood cell particles follow a spline, so what I did here was to just push them in a direction and have an interior collision mesh keep them on-track.

This is fine, but what I'd like to do is have the red blood cell particles pulse (speed up and slow down with the beating of the heart). I can't seem to figure out a good way of doing this. If I damp the particles, I can't find a way to re-apply velocity to them. I was headed in the direction of using GPU-based vector-fields... but GPU particles don't support the mesh type, so I abandoned that.

I tried using a spline blueprint, but that only allows the emitter to follow the spline, not guide the particles themselves. Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

Andrew

Comment

how is the mmo part of unreal coming, like how soon will we be hearing about it?
                            David J Harmon

Comment

I was just about to leave a thread in the feedback, pretty much as exactly outlined about something like this. Good to know EPIC games is streets ahead.

Thanks a bunch for this, I love the streams even if i cant catch them right on time, i watch 'em later. :] I hope people entertain this Support LS idea because it is really beneficial to the entire community, present and future members !
                              Last edited by SaxonRah; 10-01-2014, 07:04 PM.
                              Youtube
                              Machine Learning C++ Plugin
                              Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

Comment

Working...
                              X