No announcement yet.

[Twitch] Support Livestream - VFX - Oct. 7, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is fluid/volumetric particles something you plan to integrate? What is your general take on that? (Feasibility in a real game situation (high-end) and not just a small tech demo).
    ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
      Is fluid/volumetric particles something you plan to integrate? What is your general take on that? (Feasibility in a real game situation (high-end) and not just a small tech demo).
      The issue with fluids/volumetric particles is the same as with every voxel solution. Speed of creating voxels, and then storing them.

Unless you have better idea for representation volumetric (3d) data in space, than voxels.
      https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Some things I'd love to see:

--What emitter parameters you can control with Blueprints and the basics of HOW.
        --Can you turn off and on vector fields via the above? At all?
        --Overview of the Source and Target modules for Beam data type
        --Can you emit particles from a specified mesh (and from verts, triangles, etc....)
        http://www.krop.com/jonathanpriceart/

Comment

Two VFX related Questions:

1.) Any plans on "Dynamic Parameter" support on GPU Particles? (is it even possible?)

2.) Are there plans to add an Torus emitter to the already existing ones (Sphere, Cylinder etc) in the Location Module)?

Regards,
          Wannabe Artist & Developer @DizcoDev

Comment

Awesome! I'll be there!

Comment

Next - Will we be able to add custom static meshes to the emitter location shapes in the future, or perhaps as part of Niagra.

Comment

Thanks for taking my question on the stream!

For me, since the blood vessel particle system is meant for VR, it is important that they remain meshes, since depth and dimensionality are critical. I'll look at using animated Acceleration.

Thanks again for doing this! Very helpful! Please do one for the Rift! I've gotten pretty good at this point, but I'll bet there would be a ton of questions.
                Last edited by 3dlight; 10-07-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Wow, shows even more how much you care about the community. Truely amazing! Thank you.

Comment

Is the a link to this stream? I missed it :-/

EDIT: Scratch that, found it here http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/575808516

Didn't show on my phone.
                    Last edited by iReddog; 10-10-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Can UMG widgets be used out in the world(not directly attached to the player viewscreen), and if so can you show a quick easy example? This would be things like a floating health bar on a unit/enemy, icons that float near specific points or objects, etc.

Thanks!

Edit: Reposted to the proper thread!
                      Last edited by Zeustiak; 10-12-2014, 01:39 AM.
                      Map Generator 1.0
                      Map Generator 2.0
                      Map Generator 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by Zeustiak View Post
                        Can UMG widgets be used out in the world(not directly attached to the player viewscreen), and if so can you show a quick easy example? This would be things like a floating health bar on a unit/enemy, icons that float near specific points or objects, etc.

Thanks!
                        I think you meant to post this in the other thread, the one about the upcoming UMG stream

Comment

Originally posted by RPotter View Post
                          I think you meant to post this in the other thread, the one about the upcoming UMG stream
                          Oops, thanks for that catch!
                          Map Generator 1.0
                          Map Generator 2.0
                          Map Generator 3.0

Comment

Is this archived somewhere to still watch?
                            https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

@OptimisticMonkey - Yeah, I just updated the original post. Sorry for the delay!
                              Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Working...
                              X