[Twitch] Support Livestream - VFX - Oct. 7, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! A few questions from me:

- Will GPU Particles ever be able to support the 'Random' SUB-UV Style?
    - Is there a way to randomize Particle colours individually using a material (as GPU Particles don't support this properly at the moment as confirmed by Nick)
    - Is 2D Distortion similar to the UE3 method planned for a comeback in UE4?
    - Will the Infiltrator Demo ever come to Marketplace, and if not, would it be possible to release some of the Material Functions that were used to generate the effects in it (such as the big fluid explosion, and the invisibility shield).
    - What would you recommend people should try to make if they wanted to sell VFX on the Marketplace?

Comment

What are the current plans for vehicles?
      -Will you be adding additional functionality such as independent control over each wheel's: steering axis (Including inverting the axis if needed), torque, break power and other items to enable the creation of better tanks and other vehicles movement types?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
        - Will the Infiltrator Demo ever come to Marketplace, and if not, would it be possible to release some of the Material Functions that were used to generate the effects in it (such as the big fluid explosion, and the invisibility shield).
        When did they remove it from the Marketplace??? as it was available to download before the Marketplace was launched and I just noticed its not there anymore

I would be interested to hear if this tech demo will ever make it into the marketplace

Though it would probably need a complete overhaul due to back then it was running on an old OpenGL system for lightng.

Furthermore,
        It would be rather spectacular if it also had OculusRift & Leap Motion support for use with the VR Mount
        Regards,
        Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
        Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Hey all, just a reminder - questions here should be relative to the support stream's topic. Thanks!
          Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin.smith View Post
            I would be interested to hear if this tech demo will ever make it into the marketplace
            Much of that demo is no longer possible, at least not to the degree as was shown.

Comment

When did they remove it from the Marketplace??? as it was available to download before the Marketplace was launched and I just noticed its not there anymore
              Infiltrator was never on the Marketplace bud From what I hear it has a lot of conversion work to be done to fit in with the rest of the Mktplc content.

Moar questions:

- Is it possible to have Ribbons follow a particle that has an orbit module, rather than the particles root location? Currently I believe the way Orbit works is that the Particles location stays the same but it's just rendered in a different place. Using that particle as a Source location for a ribbon means that the ribbon is attached to the Particles location, not the actual visual location.

- Could we have an overview of how the GPU Orbit module works compared to the regular Orbit module? I'm aware that there are differences and I struggle to get the GPU one to work.

- What kinds of effects can we use all of the new Particle Modules for in the material editor? (Such as Particle Motion, Particle Relative Lifetime etc).

- Will it be possible to combine particle types in the future, such as having GPU Mesh emitters data, or GPU Ribbons?
              Last edited by TheJamsh; 10-02-2014, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Great idea !

This will then replcae the regular stream then right?

Comment

Originally posted by WCode View Post
                  Great idea !

This will then replcae the regular stream then right?
                  No this is Tuesday and not Thursday

So now its 3 Streams a Week from "Epic". Thuesday This support Stream. Wednesday is the UT Stream. Thursday is normal Epic news Stream

Epic is Epic

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
                    Infiltrator was never on the Marketplace bud From what I hear it has a lot of conversion work to be done to fit in with the rest of the Mktplc content.
                    Ah yes I now recall and I may or may not have access to it from the good old UE4 Rocket BETA / licensee days

p.s. I am not sure if the NDA embargo has been fully lifted or partially. Soooo that is all I can really say on the matter...

@Chance - Perhaps you can elaborate on this subject matter further?

Also it might be best to revive this old thread for further discussion on the topic https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ltrator-assets
                    Regards,
                    Benjamin D. Smith

Comment

This support stream is focused around Particles and VFX, as the initial post states
                      Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

What a great idea! Can't wait to see the topics you have lined up! If possible can we get one on Data Tables? So far there is only a few documents on data driven stuff.

Comment

Awesome! Well my question:

I'm working on a prototype for a game that involves painting on a canvas. What's the easiest way to go about transferring color from a particle system to a canvas? Would I use decals and randomize the shape (so all my splats don't look the same), or is there a better way to go about that?

Thanks,

iReddog

Comment

I vote for android optimization topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                              This support stream is focused around Particles and VFX, as the initial post states
                              Does it make sense to have a thread where people can say what kind of topics they would be interested in for the Twitch Support Stream?
                              Last edited by des; 10-03-2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Ah yes I now recall and I may or may not have access to it from the good old UE4 Rocket BETA / licensee days

p.s. I am not sure if the NDA embargo has been fully lifted or partially. Soooo that is all I can really say on the matter...

Also it might be best to revive this old thread for further discussion on the topic https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ltrator-assets
                                Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                                My apologies Chance,
                                That is why I posted the above thread link to shift the topic away from this thread as this conversation is not technically on topic for this thread.
                                Regards,
                                Benjamin D. Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X