No announcement yet.

Inside Unreal: DLSS and RTXGI with NVIDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help installing this if some one can help. I cloned the nvrtx here with Github Desktop App"C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\UnrealEngine" and moved the patch in the that folder too but I get the cant open patch error when I apply "git apply --check rtxgi-nvrtx4.25.3.patch". Also the the 2nd unreal folder seems weird but that was there when I cloned it in from github app and it still didn't work when I moved it to just one.

Is this the correct location to put the .patch in? What is considered the root directory of "source code"

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question I am primarily an artist and just want to play around with this.

Thanks for the help

Comment

How did you access RTXGI ?
      I keep waiting, from 27.03.2020.

Click image for larger version

Name:	32.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1811277

Comment

How long does it take to hear back about RTXGI? I've been waiting since early last week.

Comment

Originally posted by decksounds13 View Post
          How long does it take to hear back about RTXGI? I've been waiting since early last week.
          I applied Sept 4th, but I'm guessing they've had a sudden uptick in submissions due to the livestream (and the viral nature of that caustics prism splitting imagery circulating, even though that isn't RTXGI).

I also noticed in the fine print of the application at https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-...dk-get-started:

"Please note that we will not approve personal email addresses and that your response should include a professional studio/company/university/college address"
          Additionally:

"We are asking for your email address so we may follow-up with any questions during the approval process and potentially to discuss the project you’re working on with the RTXGI SDK"
          So I'm guessing that they want to vet each applicant's organization and project(s), and this could take a significant amount of time if they received 10s/100s of new applications over the past week...

Has anyone applied and been denied? I wonder if they're giving reasons in cases of rejection, or if you simply never hear from them...

SINGMETOSLEEP / PARASOMNIA / DARKDRIFT / ETERNAL APEX / PRETTY ABRASIVE MUSIC / TWITTER @ACATALEPT

Comment

Originally posted by acatalept View Post

I applied Sept 4th, but I'm guessing they've had a sudden uptick in submissions due to the livestream (and the viral nature of that caustics prism splitting imagery circulating, even though that isn't RTXGI).

I also noticed in the fine print of the application at https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-...dk-get-started:

Additionally:

So I'm guessing that they want to vet each applicant's organization and project(s), and this could take a significant amount of time if they received 10s/100s of new applications over the past week...

Has anyone applied and been denied? I wonder if they're giving reasons in cases of rejection, or if you simply never hear from them...
            On a previous page, Richard said that the criteria is looser for RTXGI vs. DLSS so I hope that means I can get in. Not having a reasonable solution for dynamic GI is really holding me back...

Comment

Originally posted by acruz413883 View Post
              Need some help installing this if some one can help. I cloned the nvrtx here with Github Desktop App"C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\GitHub\UnrealEngine\UnrealEngine" and moved the patch in the that folder too but I get the cant open patch error when I apply "git apply --check rtxgi-nvrtx4.25.3.patch". Also the the 2nd unreal folder seems weird but that was there when I cloned it in from github app and it still didn't work when I moved it to just one.

Is this the correct location to put the .patch in? What is considered the root directory of "source code"

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question I am primarily an artist and just want to play around with this.

Thanks for the help
              So I never got the instructions to work but I was able to run the patch by leaving the patch file in the main folder right clicking on the folder and using git bash. Then used this command in gitbash window
              Code:
              $ patch -p1 < rtxgi-nvrtx4.25.3.patch

Comment

Originally posted by REC View Post
                If anyone wants to reach me directly it's rcowgill<at>nvidia.com. I'm open, I want to help you.
                No reply from both the form and that email..

Comment

Originally posted by Zeblote View Post

Same with me.

Comment

I don't get it. If it's available as a plug-in why not just release it publicly?
                    my behance and instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Zeblote View Post

I filled both forms Sep 5, no reply since..
                      Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                      Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                      TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

If I try to patch the engine source with the provided RTXGI patch, after running git apply rtxgi-nvrtx4.25.3.patch I get a bunch of "patch do not apply" messages in the command prompt. Any idea how to successfully apply the patch?

Nazzareno Giannelli
                        CTO | Senior 3D Artist
                        myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
                        nazzareno@myd3sign.com
                        www.nazzarenogiannelli.com

Comment

Is there any update on this yet, I still haven't heard back.

Comment

I wrote to Richard Cowgill, hoping to hear back... will give updates once I know what's going on with this program.

Comment

Hey guys, I'll repost what I told decksounds13 here (more or less). But right off the top, I'm sorry if you haven't been able to get access. As someone else noted it's on the page we don't accept applications from personal emails anymore. The approval team did get flooded with gmails, hotmails etc. And so they changed their criteria to look for professional or work email addresses.

They also would prefer it's for a specific, promising looking project and not just for experimentation right now. If it's for something specific that you're working on, even a 1-person indie project can be accepted. Please let them know about it, I think it would improve the odds. They like to see cool projects, good looking candidates that can show off and make good use of GI. I'm personally helping some 1 man indies with RTXGI on their projects, so I know this is possible.

We are in kind of an early access mode right now with the plugin. The reason it's released this way and not simply put to the Epic store is because it does require code changes to how UE4 handles plugins. It's doing something very fundamental with the engine code, and it will require some changes to how plugins work in order to make it a general marketplace release. We're working with Epic on that, but no timeline or promises can be given. It is true that we want this to be as available as we can make it, and it may take a bit of time to really open it up.

So to circle back, I'm sorry about the confusion I caused by stating all you had to do was apply and get it. We do have every intention of making it more available over time, I know that's not much consolation for people who want it right now. If you apply in the manner I outlined above, you'll improve your odds of being accepted. I really hope this helps!
                              Richard Cowgill
                              rcowgill<at>nvidia.com
                              RTX Technology Evangelist

Comment

I applied with my work email, working on a project with epic megagrants, and haven't received anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X