No announcement yet.

Inside Unreal: DLSS and RTXGI with NVIDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone get DLSS or rtxgi approval yet? I am thinking about the amazing samples/demos we could put out, that would sell more cards and push the industry. It baffles me that the wall is so high. Just ask us for email and name and send. I am highly doubtful you could use any of this in a real project without testing it for months. @NVIDIA, let the battle testing begin!!
    Last edited by rasamaya1; 09-30-2020, 10:01 AM. Reason: I was approved! it was in my github invite and just missed it lol. This stuff is very cool, including the caustics.

Comment

still waiting for approval... applied last Wednesday. We are currently doing evaluations for our next game to make use of a fully dynamic lighting setup and rtxgi seems like a good fit but at this point I`m not sure if it just takes very long or if I`m hitting a brick wall and they are restricting access for some reason. Didn't sound like it from the parts of the stream that I watched...

Comment

Who have RTXGI code ? i am waiting 5 days for this code

Comment

This is not the way to make the dev community like you, NVIDIA. Just release the **** thing.

Comment

once this tech gets going I can just imagine how it can be used with unreal 5.

AI can currently increase resolution and fill in missing gaps, taking an old image shot using a potatoe, into a high resolution image or even an animation based off the single reference.

Imagine what this will mean to using Unreal 5 and tesselation. taking any low res texture image to almost 16k...

or taking a lower resolution final render to a high resolution video...

all of it on a dedicated GPU card or something soley for the ai ..

cant wait.

Comment

Also applied 5 days ago, still waiting. It would definitely help if someone could explain the delay.

We've been using UE4 with raytracing in production on a few animation projects alongside Redshift, so far with good results -- but RTXGI would massively benefit our workflow.

Also excited to check out the full version of Omniverse with USD support (though the machinima one looks cool too). Hopefully it will be publicly available soon!

Comment

Looks awesome! Looking forward to trying it in action!

Comment

If there are 2000 lights at the same time caustics do not cast shadows, the efficiency should not be bad, right?

Comment

I've compiled the branch. 100GB of data and now?
                    https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-dlss-get-started
                    How to get NGX ID?

My topic on NVIDIA https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/...-nvidia/153872
                    Last edited by Twein; 09-08-2020, 03:10 AM.

Comment

RTXGI intensity is very weak when the materials are not white. It does not respond to UE4 standard GI boost settings. I upgraded the code to have a BOOST value. Just find all occurrences of NormalBias and add another similar parameter IrradianceBoost.

There are still glitches and light bleeding in some cases but this is the first usable speed GI solution for unreal. Even without DLSS if you do a narrative game (FPS not so important) you can activate RTAO, RTXGI, and RT shadows and have 70 fps at 1080p on the Medieval Dungeon level and it's perfectly good.

One problem is that a volume inside a volume cannot have additive blending so it's actually not that simple to have a higher res volume that blends nicely. Should be easy to add as well.

Comment

Example:
                        no DDGI, regular DDGI, boosted DDGI x4

Comment

I want the example in this picture, can you give it to study?

Comment

I tried out RTXGI but I'm not able to make it work. The probes are all black in color. I followed the steps as mentioned in the installation document and also turned on RTX settings in Unreal like usual. For those who got it to work, please let me know if you have any idea why it's doing that. Thanks!

Comment

I hope the volumetric lighting RT shadow fix made it into 4.26!
                              ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Hey guys, Richard Cowgill here. I work for Nvidia and gave the talk on these technologies. I can hopefully answer some of the questions.

First off on DLSS, yes this is the most difficult technology to acquire right now if you're just wanting to mess around with it. We're not going wide with DLSS just yet, but it is possible if you're an indie with a project that is getting attention and looks good that you can get the required DLSS CMSID. At the moment, you can't just be experimenting with ue4 in order to get it. We need a project that needs to be pretty far along in order to QA against. But if you do feel your project is worthy, please apply for it. Let me know directly, if you want and I'll bring it to the right people's attention.

Getting on the NVRTX branch and RTXGI is much easier and more open. NVRTX simply requires you to be on the development program, and RTXGI does require the application for it. If you're still waiting, understand it can take 2-3 days. And if you applied over the weekend or just before, remember we just had Labor day weekend so some of the approvers may be coming back from their breaks and catching up.

On RTXGI, its true there's no current way to pump up the value. This is addressed in the next release, there will be a global multiplier value. c_v1977 is right you can modify the code to do this yourself if you can't wait. We started to realize there would be a need for this so we're doing it in the next official update.

If anyone wants to reach me directly it's rcowgill<at>nvidia.com. I'm open, I want to help you.
                                Last edited by REC; 09-08-2020, 02:57 PM.
                                Richard Cowgill
                                rcowgill<at>nvidia.com
                                RTX Technology Evangelist

Comment

Working...
                                X