Inside Unreal: DLSS and RTXGI with NVIDIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LIVESTREAM] Inside Unreal: DLSS and RTXGI with NVIDIA

Click image for larger version  Name:	200903_LivestreamAnnouncement_Third.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.4 KB ID:	1806087

WHAT
    DLSS is a new and improved deep learning neural network that boosts frame rates and generates beautiful, sharp images for your games. We're joined by Richard Cowgill from NVIDIA who will demonstrate how the technology can be used in Unreal. We'll also dive into RTXGI which provides infinite bounce lighting in real time, removing the need for offline lightmap baking. Plus, a conversation around the future possibilities of Caustics!

WHEN
    Thursday, September 3 @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch

WHO
    Richard Cowgill - RTX Unreal Engine Evangelist, Nvidia - @richardGameDev
    Victor Brodin - Community Manager - @victor1erp

RESOURCES
    Develop Ray Traced Games Using Unreal Engine 4
    Ray Tracing in Unreal Engine 4: Top 10 Developer Questions

ARCHIVE
    Last edited by VictorLerp; 09-04-2020, 07:51 PM.

I like fancy lights.

Comment

Did i read caustics? You have my attention!

Last time i studied it was from this reasearch on wavelet PBGI:

https://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/boubek/papers/WPBGI/
      Last edited by MaximeDupart; 08-31-2020, 09:15 PM.
      LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

YES! Cant wait for RTXGI and DLSS to come to Unreal (besides the nvidia-dev-branches).
        Didn't think to see RTXGI before UE5 (Hidden in Form of Lumen :P)

Comment

IA is the best, DLSS ,good Tutorial and scene

Comment

awesome, cant wait

Comment

So bad, Mac can not use NVDIA anymore T T .

Comment

how beautiful the light is . holy xxxx!

Comment

I hope it will have linux support as well. Trying to build from NVRTX branch and it's failed on Linux.

Comment

Wow, can it handle SDS paths like in case of pool caustics seen from outside of the water? Would be pretty wild.
                    my behance and instagram

Comment

Originally posted by i0_ View Post
                      So bad, Mac can not use NVDIA anymore T T .
                      I feel your pain (which is also my pain).

Comment

Are there any plans to integrate either of these technologies into the main branch? Feels like all these technologies just live and die years later in the Nvidia branch.

Comment

Are these features due to be merged into the future releases? If not I'm not keen to spend time on them

Comment

Originally posted by mrboni View Post
                            Are these features due to be merged into the future releases? If not I'm not keen to spend time on them
                            Severely doubtful, just like all the previous Nvidia SDK stuff you'll have to get it in a separate branch. Epic have their own GI thing to work on for UE5.

Comment

It was a great stream but I think it was misleading about how easily we can actually get access to the DLSS part. You have to apply and their website says its 'available to select developers through an early access program'. The application involves giving the name of your app/game and providing urls to info about the product. Thats not applicable to me at this early stage where I dont have a project in particular nailed down, I just want to evaluate the tech in general.

The RTXGI bit was much easier to get access to, I got that working last night and I am quite pleased with it so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X