Originally posted by Kenomica View Post
      You did it again :')
      I'm the best, clearly.

-__-
      Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by reok View Post
        Soon, I guess
        Soon is correct! lots in the release, lots in the notes! Stay tuned everyone
        Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpfish View Post
          Thanks for the reply, no it's all 3 mics - same as the previous stream (Platformer demo), never had a problem with any of the older ones but the last 2!. If you compare the two UE twitch YT vids I linked to in my last post you should be able to hear the starting drop in sound quality? no bass, no pressence, tons of distortion when more than one person talks, and god forbid you all laugh at the same time - clipping hell!

As the old videos still sound fine it can't be anything my end, I noticed it on the previous stream not just this one and thought you'd purposely changed the setup there and it wasn't for the better, so can't understand if you haven't made any changes. Maybe it's a TWITCH fault? and you are uploading whatever twitch provides so the problem follows to YouTube uploads too. Has someone changed your audio bandwidth/quality settings for your live streaming? do Twitch themselves limit it based on overusing bandwidth from an account? I have no idea but it's definitely changed for the worse.

If you can't hear the difference between the two YT videos (both Epic twitch streams) then perhaps you could try on quality headphones (I use AKG KS240s here), it's more than apparent. If you watch on a laptop, tablet, phone etc you won't hear the problem so much as they already sound 'bad' by comparison, though the distortion should still be obvious.

If it is something my end the only thing I can think of is if the old twitch was using something like HTML5 and now uses flash and my flash is out of date (for example), but that's grabbing at straws...

Thanks
          Not just you, the audio quality on the streams both streaming live on Twitch or viewing on YouTube has been terrible in pretty much the ways you describe. It probably has to do with the mics they use or the way they have their audio setup for the stream, it won't be Twitch or YT's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by sswires View Post
            Not just you, the audio quality on the streams both streaming live on Twitch or viewing on YouTube has been terrible in pretty much the ways you describe. It probably has to do with the mics they use or the way they have their audio setup for the stream, it won't be Twitch or YT's fault.
            Talking with our team here - we've been working with a new sounds board, some of the tweaks made yesterday should correct a lot of these problems for you all. Let me know if it's better after today/tomorrow's stream!

Chance
            Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Sorry If i sound like a whinging fool but come on epic you know you've done something to change the audio, microphones or audio bandwidth settings or something.
              Yeah, it must be their settings since no one else is having any issues. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Lundmark View Post
                Yeah, it must be their settings since no one else is having any issues. Makes sense.
                the audio quality is obviously worse in the latest stream. So there is an issue clearly. I'm just not that bothered with it because I'm not looking for state of the art audiovisual experience in a Twitch stream. As long as I can clearly understand what they're saying it's all good.

Having said that, it's probably a small thing so why not fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Lundmark View Post
                  LOL. Ok mate. Sorry you aren't good enough to detect bad audio when it's slamming you in the ears. That for sure isn't my problem.

I record audio for a living (mainly), and have a studio with a >£1000 audio interface, £500 near field monitors and even more pricey full range ones. Have worked in audio, and audio in the industry for the past 15 years. It's not something my end. got it?

If you can't be helpful then at least try not to be sarcastic, it helps nobody. If I highlight this problem then hopefully it can be fixed for the benefit of everyone, even if some people can't tell the difference between full frequency spectrum representation and bandwidth limited ****. If the audio had always been this bad I'd have said nothing and just kept my displeasure to myself, but as it changed suddenly and only with the past two streams I thought it may be useful to ask why. Is that OK?

thanks
                  Last edited by Sharpfish; 10-01-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

LOL. Ok mate. Sorry you aren't good enough to detect bad audio when it's slamming you in the ears. That for sure isn't my problem.

I record audio for a living (mainly), and have a studio with a >£1000 audio interface, £500 near field monitors and even more pricey full range ones. Have worked in audio, and audio in the industry for the past 15 years. It's not something my end. got it?

If you can't be helpful then at least try not to be sarcastic, it helps nobody. If I highlight this problem then hopefully it can be fixed for the benefit of everyone, even if some people can't tell the difference between full frequency spectrum representation and bandwidth limited ****. If the audio had always been this bad I'd have said nothing and just kept my displeasure to myself, but as it changed suddenly and only with the past two streams I thought it may be useful to ask why. Is that OK?

thanks
                    It's a live stream not a radio channel for your favorite music, yes there was a problem in the first minutes but then it was ok to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Errvald View Post
                      It's a live stream not a radio channel for your favorite music, yes there was a problem in the first minutes but then it was ok to listen to.
                      Are you thick or something? re-read what I've written and try to keep up.

The post was for Epic, not for you. If you are fine with the audio then say nothing, it's not helpful and it doesn't make you look clever. Some of us know it's changed for the worse and is too harsh to enjoy vs how it's been, literally, forever before the last two streams. You probably listen to it on a crappy phone sat on the toilet so it's probably always sounded bad to you. And if you take that kind of quality control and unrefined ear/eye for detail with the software you are working on with UE4 then god help your users.

I said I didn't want a debate on this, I've asked Epic and he said they would look into it. Can we leave it at that? Your attempts at sarcasm will not fix the problem.
                      Last edited by Sharpfish; 10-01-2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Are you thick or something? re-read what I've written and try to keep up.
                        Don't need to keep up with your pointless complaint, go play with your music devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Errvald View Post
                          Don't need to keep up with your pointless complaint, go play with your music devices.
                          Grow up child.

+1 to ignore list.
                          Last edited by Sharpfish; 10-01-2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Hey all, let's be friends around here

As mentioned, we've identified the problem and have fixed it! I've been told the UT stream today had much better audio quality. Let me know how it works out tomorrow
                            Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                              Hey all, let's be friends around here

As mentioned, we've identified the problem and have fixed it! I've been told the UT stream today had much better audio quality. Let me know how it works out tomorrow
                              Thank you. I'm glad you found a problem that only existed in my imagination (according to some). That takes some doing.

Why these people have to jump on genuine complaints, I have no idea. SOMEONE had to mention it and I saw nobody else stepping forward. How would it be if did the same with UE4 bugs? Anyway thanks Chance for looking into it. Won't mention it again (unless it's still bad )

Comment

Working...
                              X