This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME JAM] 2020 Unreal Spring Jam | Dates: June 4-9 | Theme: TBA

Click image for larger version  Name:	UE_SpringJam2020_1920x1080.png Views:	0 Size:	317.4 KB ID:	1755516

2020 Unreal Spring Jam

Work alone or with a team (up to 5 members total) to make the most incredible project in Unreal Engine 4 based on the given theme and submit before the deadline. Submissions will be judged for unique use of the theme, gameplay, and visuals on a 1-5 point scale each.

AWARD CATEGORIES

The 2020 Unreal Spring Jam will feature three finalist teams, and three modifier categories.

MODIFIER CATEGORIES

Each team (including, but not limited to the finalists) can also win one of our three modifier categories.

ARMY OF ONE - for the best game developed by a solo developer

TINY AWARD - for the best game that is less than 100MB (total size of packaged playable game)

IS THIS REAL LIFE? - for the best XR game

Are you on Twitter or Instagram? Show off your work using the #ue4jam and #UnrealJam hashtag!

Many thanks to our amazing sponsors for providing resources and prizes!

FALCON NORTHWEST ASSEMBLA GAMETEXTURES.COM SIDEFX WHOLETOMATO DEKOGON PLAN B STUDIOS VELARION TALA ESENLIKLER SYNTY STUDIOS MOCAP ONLINE SB
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020UnrealSpringJam_SponsorImage.png Views:	0 Size:	523.5 KB ID:	1765470

Last edited by VictorLerp; 05-22-2020, 05:42 PM.

Update: We unfortunately had to to postpone the jam. We will provide an update shortly with new dates.

Comment

this time i'm happy to postpone i have my first freelancer job to do and now i can focus only in work, and then participate of the jam with calm and more focused 100% in jam. Maybe the date to jam was too close from event, but i really want Spring Jam happen, without winter jam was a pain, always have nice games in winter jams, and beatiful nature environments in Spring jam.

Comment

I'm really excited for this game jam. I came across it on itch.io earlier this week and then it disappeared from there so I came googling.

Can I subscribe to this thread and can I get notified when the date is set again?

Thanks,
        Aim Diab
        Hipster Husky Games

Comment

You guys always do such a great job with these. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

You guys are going to do another marketplace takeover, I bet.

Thanks to the guys that decided to award the big win to a solo dev for once!!!

Comment

As Megascans is a part of the Epic Games family, and are also mentioned on the itch.io page as being a resource for the Unreal Spring Jam, does that mean we are allowed to use them in our submissions without listing them as content created before the jam?

And in case if we do have to mention that we used Megascans in our final submission, do we just have to specific that Megascans were used or are we to mention each megascan that we have used?

Comment

Originally posted by ayan4157 View Post
                As Megascans is a part of the Epic Games family, and are also mentioned on the itch.io page as being a resource for the Unreal Spring Jam, does that mean we are allowed to use them in our submissions without listing them as content created before the jam?

And in case if we do have to mention that we used Megascans in our final submission, do we just have to specific that Megascans were used or are we to mention each megascan that we have used?
                Any pre-made content needs to be listed, whether that's Epic's official resources, third-party, or your own. If you downloaded a Megascans pack, you can mention that the pack was used even if you didn't use every single asset in it. You don't have to list the normal/AO/Diffuse texture individually unless you want to detail that you only used the diffuse but authored the other ones yourself etc.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

Any pre-made content needs to be listed, whether that's Epic's official resources, third-party, or your own. If you downloaded a Megascans pack, you can mention that the pack was used even if you didn't use every single asset in it. You don't have to list the normal/AO/Diffuse texture individually unless you want to detail that you only used the diffuse but authored the other ones yourself etc.
                  Just to be clear, provided we disclose what pre-made assets/code we use, we are permitted to use them during development? As an example I have some community assets I've put out in the past, if I disclose my use of them may I include them in my jam project?

Comment

Working...
                  X