State of Audio in 4.25 - April 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LIVESTREAM] State of Audio in 4.25 - April 2

Click image for larger version  Name:	200312_StateOfAudio_Third.jpg Views:	4417 Size:	92.3 KB ID:	1728571

WHAT
    You may have heard that we have several new exciting audio features coming in 4.25, and this week we thought we’d take a look at them!

To kick things off, the audio team will give a quick update on the Audio Mixer. From there we will shift to discussions and demos of the Native Convolution Reverb, Native Ambisonics Decoding and Encoding Support, as well as the new non-real-time audio analysis plugin Synesthesia.

WHEN
    Thursday, March 12 @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube

WHO
    Aaron McLeran - Lead Audio Programmer - @minuskelvin
    Dan Reynolds - Technical Sound Designer - @dannthr
    Ethan Geller - Senior Audio Programmer - @pragmatism
    Phil Popp - Senior Audio Programmer
    Max Hayes - Audio Programmer - @MacksHazeAudio
    Victor Brodin - Community Manager - @victor1erp

RESOURCES
    Project files (log in to the forums to access)

ARCHIVE
    Last edited by VictorLerp; 05-07-2020, 11:44 AM.

Waiting forward for testing procedural audio creation with the Niagara Audio Data Interface. I will make Unreal Engine sing.

Comment

The non-real-time audio features are great. Helping me and my friends to achieve our imagine. I can't wait to hear what's new.
      Also it would be great to learn about Niagara Data Interface.

Comment

Niagara Audio Data Interface, you say? Now I'll have to wait for all my plugins to update.

Comment

Excited to hear the news

Curious to 'hear' how the new audio engine compares to some previous work, such as NVidia's AudioWorks Branch of UE4.
          Last edited by PerseusSmith; 03-06-2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I feel I will stick with Wwise for the simple fact I can make changes in real time

Comment

Convolution Reverb awwwwwwwwwwwh yis!

[Question] - Reverb volumes currently take effect when the *listener* is inside that volume, rather than the source audio being affeted by the volume it's in. Any plans to "fix" that so that?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
                Convolution Reverb awwwwwwwwwwwh yis!

[Question] - Reverb volumes currently take effect when the *listener* is inside that volume, rather than the source audio being affected by the volume it's in. Any plans to "fix" that so that?
                What about multiplayer? When two listeners may be near the same source yet in different locations thus causing different audio transforms applied for each of them?
                Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
                Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

Updates to TimeSynth?

Comment

Originally posted by S-ed View Post
                    What about multiplayer? When two listeners may be near the same source yet in different locations thus causing different audio transforms applied for each of them?
                    Shouldn't matter, the audio is evaluated locally.

Comment

Are we talking about a sample based impulse reverb?

Comment

Originally posted by S-ed View Post

depends on replication settings yeah?

Comment

So stoked for this. Can't wait for the stream tomorrow! I've been working on something that plugs from Ableton Max to create visuals. The Niagara Audio Data Interface is exciting news.

I do have an issue, though, and I'm sure it's just a false-positive in my AV.

It's deleting the file for me which is a pain - if they were quarantined I'd of just let them back in once given the OK. Can someone from Epic give me the clear?

This is a launcher install, not from the git repo. The entire download itself is fine, just that one file `libUnrealInsights-Slate.debug` is having issues. Likely a few lines of code flagging it.

Thanks.
                          Last edited by DevJMD; 03-11-2020, 06:37 AM.

Comment

hey VictorLerp does this mean the stream is cancelled or just this topic (Audio) ?? :

https://twitter.com/UnrealEngine/sta...03289347006465

Comment

Originally posted by g1i7chp37s View Post

depends on replication settings yeah?
                              No, there's only one listener locally. Sound playback is processed locally, the server only sends order what should be played.

Comment

Working...
                              X