Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Epic MegaJam | November 14-21 | Theme: DOWN TO EARTH

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    So got a few questions, 1 are things like Assets and/or Plugins allowed to be used in this Jam. 2 just making sure, I am currently working on a game that I was working on for about a week ago. If the game fits the theme, am I able to work on it, during this Jam?

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by olinkalex View Post
      So got a few questions, 1 are things like Assets and/or Plugins allowed to be used in this Jam. 2 just making sure, I am currently working on a game that I was working on for about a week ago. If the game fits the theme, am I able to work on it, during this Jam?
      You can use assets/plugins and things you've created before the jam BUT you have to declare what they are, and scoring is affected by this. EG just renaming an old game you worked on for months and entering it vaguely fitting the theme wouldn't work. So in your case, you wouldn't be scored on the things you made in the previous week, only the things you made during the game jam timeframe. Or if people use a lot of marketplace assets it wont be scored as highly as one that was created from scratch by the team during the jam week.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by SamTheGodOfWar View Post
        hello unreal. I am a young 13 year old teenager and wanna participate in the jam. In your last year rule list u said that the participant should be at least 16 years old. Can I still participate? If possible because I am quite young aspiring developer. Thanking you Epic
        For legal reasons, 16 is the minimum age for participation in the 2019 Epic MegaJam. We're hoping to be able to lower the age in the future, and we'll do our best to make that happen for 2020.
        Last edited by VictorLerp; 11-11-2019, 01:02 PM.

        Comment


          #19
          No Aussie Loving, Start time is 5:30am here, dont you know programmers are only up at those hours if they have been up all night

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by DavydM View Post
            No Aussie Loving, Start time is 5:30am here, dont you know programmers are only up at those hours if they have been up all night
            Here (In France it's 20:00 / 8:00 pm] so perfect to do a full night é_é

            Comment


              #21
              Hello! Just a quick question about "non sourced" assets. Like assets from the Unreal Engine Marketplace. If we use 1 or 2 from the marketplace, those wont be scored at all. Would it essentially hurt our score?

              Thanks!
              RedG

              Comment


                #22
                this one will be hard.. down to earth..
                My website: https://www.pijellypin.com
                Multiplayer Components: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...yer-components

                Comment


                  #23
                  yes, it’s difficult to develop a simple game "down to earth"
                  Plugin for editing Instance ISMC and HIMS https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...nstance-editor

                  Comment


                    #24
                    depends on what you make i guess
                    Originally posted by Babush61 View Post
                    yes, it’s difficult to develop a simple game "down to earth"
                    My website: https://www.pijellypin.com
                    Multiplayer Components: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...yer-components

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Hey, working on my submission, and I just wanted to verify that we can put links to our socials, or other game pages at the end of our game, or on the menu?

                      Comment


                        #26
                        masterburgler Links to social media pages are allowed, but for everything else you have to refer to the rules: https://epicgames.ent.box.com/s/aebz...1o8v4qscg1tix1

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by RedG Studios View Post
                          Hello! Just a quick question about "non sourced" assets. Like assets from the Unreal Engine Marketplace. If we use 1 or 2 from the marketplace, those wont be scored at all. Would it essentially hurt our score?
                          RedG
                          We don't subtract points for pre-made assets, but they're not judged and won't add points. As an example, if you used 3d-models from the marketplace and you lit them well, you would get points for the lighting, but not for the models themselves.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

                            We don't subtract points for pre-made assets, but they're not judged and won't add points. As an example, if you used 3d-models from the marketplace and you lit them well, you would get points for the lighting, but not for the models themselves.
                            I have to say, it's still a bit confusing for me too.
                            So the 1-5 "visuals" rating is an overall score of more sub-scores, like 1 score for lighting, 1 score for models... or how is it interpreted? How does it make a difference if a team uses 25% or 75% pre-made assets (or 1 or 50 or 100)?
                            LinkedIn, Engine Contributions
                            Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects
                            Marketplace: Viewport Utilities, Blueprint Streams, Control Structures

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Hi Everyone.

                              I noticed that the deadline date is changed to Friday in the counter on itch.io page. Is this a mistake, or do we have an extra day?

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Winter 2019 UE4Jam submissionThis is my entry. Almost done . Android controls are set up. Right now multi build with single file packaging is at 68MB so I have a lot of room for more stuff!

                                I'm just happy I made a whole game

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X