No announcement yet.

Blender to Unreal Engine with Matt Workman - October 24 - Live from HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really looking forward to this! I hope its not just skeletal meshes and characters but also other aspects of getting content from Blender to UE4.

Comment

Looking forward to this - Please cover custom characters to mannequin thirdperson animations!

Comment

Please cover from the basics, there is a known issue with blender with units when exporting and bones shrink and static meshes export like at 1/100 scale, also how to set the root bone since blender also seems to use the rig as the root. Please dont just stick to rigify an a simple export, set the scene to get the leanest workflow possible please.

Comment

Cool! Since im using blender because its free and very versatile.

Comment

Really hope to see how to easily use Rigify to rig a mesh and then properly export from Blender and import into Unreal. Not enough guides on that workflow

Comment

[QUESTION] IS THAT THE Ue4 manikin dab??

Comment

Dspazio
                I'll certainly be tuning into this! Maybe they could help me find some further improvements for my Blender to UE4 mannequin add-on (Mr Mannequins Tools)

Comment

well blend 281 will be released in a couple of weeks, i hope all the info for blend 28 doesn't become moot... i know all of my skeletal meshes are coming in all wonky now...

and the blend hair/fur has caught my attention too, i wonder if we could import cloth/ing as cloth/ing from blend without the clothing tools in UE... that would make things interesting...

Comment

Now, this should be interesting.
                    Check out my itch.io page, I'm really excited about it.
                    https://kinos141.itch.io/

Please check out my AI package: Action AI System Feat. Stealth
                    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...m-feat-stealth
                    or get it from itch
                    https://kinos141.itch.io/action-ai-system-feat-stealth

Comment

i'm looking for rigging tips

Comment

Is Blender Going to see a plugin like the ART tool for maya. If blender had proper Epic made tools for the Unreal Engine pipeline and control rigs I would 100% switch to blender
                        Artstation

Comment

Can you cover a female character with shape keys that needs a perfect match with unreal skeleton and uses extra bones for support. Using a the mannequin for females doesn't look great in the chest. Its a dark area that prevents a lot of people from completing the pipeline. When you use a script in blender with shape keys you can not copy modifiers. you only find this is out after about 30 mins in, workarounds are so slow its a bottle neck. I have Iclone's character creator 2 for example and all characters start in a Tpose which creates the first major problem with shape keys and trying to change the pose to A.

Comment

Looking forward to this!

Comment

Great I can wait !!.Mannn I really wish some of those million when into making blender 1 to when it came down to the bone import and export.Would be Sooooo!!!! much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by ROHAN GUTYAN View Post
                                i'm looking for rigging tips
                                Same. I especially would love to see how they recommend rigging hands + guns so that you can have separate skelmeshes but have animations that work with one another. Seems like an extremely common thing but I have never found the info anywhere for unreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X