No announcement yet.

Blender to Unreal Engine with Matt Workman - October 24 - Live from HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LIVESTREAM] Blender to Unreal Engine with Matt Workman - October 24 - Live from HQ

Click image for larger version

Name:	191024_Announcement.jpg
Views:	809
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	1675308

WHAT
    Creator of Cine Tracer Matt Workman, will join us on the next livestream to demonstrate his Blender to Unreal Engine workflow. As an artist familiar with traditional DCC tools, Matt will talk about his shift to Blender as well as tips and tricks he has learned in the process.

WHEN
    Thursday, October 24 @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube

RESOURCES
    Blender
    Cine Tracer

WHO
    Matt Workman - Cine Tracer Developer - @cinedatabase
    Victor Brodin - Community Manager - @victor1erp
    Last edited by VictorLerp; 10-18-2019, 07:51 PM.

Blender and UE4 is great. Cinetracer is shaping up to be a great tool, looking forward to his workflow discussion

Comment

motorsep im pretty sure in the title image that is 2.8 but i could be wrong

Comment

screenshot is from blender 2.8 tho

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep
          VictorLerp Could guys please use Blender 2.80 ? (title image shows Blender 2.7x, which is by now is obsolete basically)
          Agree!

i thin the thumbnail shows blender 2.8 but not gonna say it is and have it not be

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep
            VictorLerp Could guys please use Blender 2.80 ? (title image shows Blender 2.7x, which is by now is obsolete basically)
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_9.png Views:	1 Size:	7.2 KB ID:	1675332 that is 2.8.......... 2.7 did not have the manipulator
            Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

can't wait for this.
              so good Epic is supporting Blender. Thank you, Epic!

Comment

Originally posted by ClassyGentleman View Post

Agree!

i thin the thumbnail shows blender 2.8 but not gonna say it is and have it not be
                My bad, I say "layers" and didn't realize it's bone layers and not what was replaced by collections

Comment

Defiantly 2.80 (currently using 2.81 beta though, has many improvements already, not to mention 2.82 alpha is here too).
                  I wanna learn more about UE4 and how to make VFX/Material Setups, like how in Fortnite, has well anything else.

Comment

since this is going to be livestreamed, I'd like to ask if someone had success on running the blender script called "RigifytoUnreal" in 2.8?.. also, will there be a better skeletal mesh workflow from blender to unreal now?

Comment

I see Cine Tracer as one of the resources. Don't mean to be a pin but how much of the live training will include Cine Tracer?

Comment

Yeah! That is what i have been waiting for . I have big troubles with importing/exporting skeletal meshes between blender 2.8 and UE4

Comment

great news !!

Comment

Yeah, thats the point. Intrigued on how he managed to export mannequin animations without retargeting. Currently Im using a nice module called mr. mannequin tools that seems to accomplish this task pretty well.

EDIT: Relevant link: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...uins-tools-1-0
                            Last edited by Dspazio; 10-19-2019, 09:31 AM.
                            I sell triangles for a fair price. Know more here!

Comment

Mr Mannequin is good, and the future updates will make it even better. There is also "BoneBreaker". With that, you can open up any existing skeletal mesh and rig it, and export it with no messing around.

Comment

Working...
                              X