No announcement yet.

Unreal Film Jam | Sep 4 - Oct 19 | Theme: Oh, the places you’ll go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this only likely to be announced next year?

Comment

The 'year in review' thread has an image of the Unreal Film Jam; https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...9-live-from-hq

Maybe they'll announce the results tomorrow?

If not, can we get a rough estimate when the results are expected? The official rules said people would be notified on or around 5th November.

Comment

Originally posted by uunx View Post
        The 'year in review' thread has an image of the Unreal Film Jam; https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...9-live-from-hq

Maybe they'll announce the results tomorrow?

If not, can we get a rough estimate when the results are expected? The official rules said people would be notified on or around 5th November.
        Good spot, I hadn't seen that

Comment

Originally posted by WolfSpinach View Post

Good spot, I hadn't seen that
          Sadly not. No mention of it in the livestream, it was asked about in chat a few times too.

Comment

Hey all, just wanted to give a quick update. The projects are still being reviewed and judged, and we want to announce the winners as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience, and stay tuned!

Comment

Any estimate on when they'll be announced?

Comment

Any plans for another film jam?

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
                  Hey all, just wanted to give a quick update. The projects are still being reviewed and judged, and we want to announce the winners as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience, and stay tuned!
                  Hi! Any new updates about the final date?

Comment

Hey AlexGoodwin, we don't have a set date that we can give you, but we're doing our best to wrap up the jam. Thanks for your patience while we work through this.

We're excited to host another film jam this year, and the winners announcement delay are not reducing the chance of it happening!

Comment

Victor, how are you? Has the contest been canceled or is it still in progress? We look forward to news about new contests this year to practice our learning in the last year, since the first contest. Do you have a forecast?

Comment

Dear Victor, UE4 team,
                        I can understand that the results of this competition may have not fulfilled the high standards of the ue4 criteria in order to showcase any of the movies in your platforms, but I still consider totally irresponsible and unprofessional from your part to leave all participants in ignorance, regarding if and when their work will be evaluated.

Comment

I think it's safe to assume it's not a hold-up on their end. Probably an issue with sponsors or something etc?

Although I think that since it's been 10 months since the contest started they should just announce the winners/give the prizes (out of their own pocket if sponsors or whatever are delaying things, not like the prize fund would be a huge hit to them).

Or at least an estimated date or cut-off date where they'll decide to judge/announce it themselves, if the other partners involved are causing the delay. Hopefully this doesn't just get forgotten about, and they run another one this year.

Any updates?

Comment

Would also love an update

Comment

VictorLerp News?

Comment

Hi VictorLerp can we have an update on this contest please?

I understand that we went trough quarantine and working from home but it's been more than 8 months now.
                                Considering that since 19th October 2019 there were multiple other unreal events, we can see that there's was time and resources to organise 2 major game jams and review more than 700 games which is a huge amount. It's hard to believe that it takes more than 8 months to review less than 4 hours of shortfilm content, so i think the participants of the film jam deserve an explanation to what's the situation.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh but it is very demotivating to see that the film jam was forgotten and dismissed for so long after all the effort that all participants put in their submissions.

Comment

• VictorLerp commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Hi anabelfaria, the issue was not due to lack of resources on our end - It has been worked through and we'll be announcing the results very soon.
                              Working...
                              X