No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine Livestream - Chaos Fundamentals - August 22 - Live from HQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LIVESTREAM] Unreal Engine Livestream - Chaos Fundamentals - August 22 - Live from HQ

Click image for larger version  Name:	190822_YT.jpg Views:	1 Size:	169.9 KB ID:	1654788

WHAT
    On this week's livestream, Jack Oakman and Wes Bunn walk us through the fundamentals of Chaos, Unreal Engine's new high-performance physics and destruction system. Learn how to create Collections, work with Fields, and get a special sneak peak of our example content project. Plus, a couple of our very own Chaos developers will be in chat to answer your questions!

WHEN
    Thursday, August 22 @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
    Twitch
    Youtube

RESOURCES
    How to enable Chaos in 4.23

WHO
    Jack Oakman - Senior Technical Artist
    Wes Bunn - Senior Technical Writer
    Victor Brodin - Community Manager - @victor1erp

ARCHIVE
    Last edited by VictorLerp; 08-23-2019, 01:40 PM.

Can't wait...……

Comment

Really looking forward to this one. Thanks Epic!
      Current Job: Graphics and Marketing for a pretty cool company.
      Current tools: 3dsMax , Solidworks, Composer, AutoCad, Photoshop etc.
      Former solar designer.
      Hobbies: Flying drones. Unreal Engine 4.

Comment

damm iam shaking when i think about it in the future, even if i know there will be a lot learning frustration in the beginning as always. keep going!

Comment

It's interesting that this feature is coming out right when I am working on a project that I was hoping to use mesh destruction in. It really is great timing.

Comment

can this be used to replace moveComponent or existing collision system? in attempt to try scale up to 2000+ pawns ? i have 2000 pawns run at just 6ms~ (27ms idle) in game thread doing their thing, but moment i enable collision things go south.

Comment

VictorLerp : Great news !!!
              Will the stream be on version 4.23 Preview 6 ? Or a Preview 7 version will be out in the next two days ?

Faërys

Comment

Total CHAOS ! It's Unreal !!

Comment

Hi.

Will it support constraints, rotor, etc? I ask because if, for example, I want to make a destructive cupboard with doors that are movable on hinges, it was impossible - it was simple asset, but i needed cut this mesh in DCC, then make destructible and make blueprint with twoo hinges for this... even after that was lots of issues with this. I never make relationship between specific destructible part and part of the doors - if you shoot through the door, part should hang on hinges, part should have physics...

This is only small example. But i want real game assets, like destructible Ceiling fan with rotor or interactive destructible door, it was sometimes buggy and time expensive.
                  Last edited by KanedaCz; 08-20-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Hey there, 3 questions that's been on my mind lately..

1) How does "multi-layering works?" For instance metallic rods inside concrete. Are you setting them up in separate Mesh Collections or there's a way to handle fracture differently on specific meshes from that same 'Collection'?

2) If you make a large rounded wall surface or a hollow tunnel to walk in, can the new(?) collision made to be closer to their "complex" collision? This was a limitation with the Apex DM.

3) What kind of events are there for when a specific chunk (user-determined) is destroyed / separated (etc) from a Mesh Collection?

Thanks a lot.
                    Last edited by THEAETIK; 08-20-2019, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I am interested to see how networked Chaos Physics works Will This Be covered?

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this. Thank you Epic!

Comment

Originally posted by frossdelaqrois View Post
                          I am interested to see how networked Chaos Physics works Will This Be covered?
                          We won't be covering networked physics. That goes beyond fundamentals, but I would love to cover it in a future stream!

Comment

Is Chaos in UE 4.23 going to be very experimental, or can we use it in a game?

Comment

VictorLerp Link for those who missed the stream

Comment

Working...
                              X